• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

My current egg's SV is 7? Fun lol what the rest of the info displayed for the egg?

That Shiny Torchic... Was hatched by someone else so this doesn't count to the competition. Just wanted to test out this new method myself.
001.jpg

In other news, I helped 5 people get their desired shinies today. :D
I can't help feel excited doing it, because you'll never know what'll pop out of those eggs.

Last edited:
Unless they tell you ahead of time, yeah; its definitely a fun little surprise for the hatcher.

Well, technically, I wouldn't count them in the competition, as it is just way too darned easy. As somebody said earlier, the only time wasted is when you are looking for someone with the same shiny TSV. Overall, I am personally thinking about banning hatched Shinies in the competition... Umm... It is easier than chain fishing, and chain fishing was quite literally banned for being too easy...

Just saying.

Well, technically, I wouldn't count them in the competition, as it is just way too darned easy. As somebody said earlier, the only time wasted is when you are looking for someone with the same shiny TSV. Overall, I am personally thinking about banning hatched Shinies in the competition... Umm... It is easier than chain fishing, and chain fishing was quite literally banned for being too easy...

Just saying.

Yeah.. might be a good idea to ban the hatching method now that this has been discovered. Only takes one egg now. Unless your going for perfect IVs. Still haven't gotten my army of 31/31/31/31/31/31 eevees yet. Got my shiny eevee so I'm happy about that though. xD

I'd say let people hatch still if they don't use the SV Method.. except it's too easy to just say you hatched ____ amount of eggs. And there's no way to prove you didn't.

I'm actually surprised it works: Welcome to the RNG Abuse method of the sixth generation!

I wouldn't call it RNG Abuse Method, as it's more of a Shiny Value Abuse then anything lol

Well, it might as well be RNG Abuse. The TSV is a hidden value that determines shininess. Well, I guess that hatching eggs using SV method is hereby officially banned. We are sorry to hear it, but we might just have to ban Shinies from eggs in sixth generation... I think the Pumpkaboo hatched already has been the only official completely legitimate Shiny so far... Anyways, if you do present hatched Pok?mon from now on, you have to present a screenshot of what the memory girl says. Oh, Jinjiro, please tell me Shade's memory evaluation, please...

Edit: Well, i guess it doesn't control IVs, so... Good point, Jinjiro.

Last edited:
Shade was traded to another person to be hatched[I wasn't using him as my entry for that reason lol]. I bred for his IVs, then traded him to another to get him hatched. So he doesn't count toward the event. My entry is planned to be a shiny ponyta(or was, though just presenting a screen cap from the memory girl would work to prove you hatched it yourself and didn't use the SV Method to get it).

So yeah.. he's from the SV Method.

Okay, from now on it is necessary to present a screenshot of the memory evaluator's sayings in order for a hatched egg on generation six to be considered legitimate. Thanks, Jinjiro!

even if I don't win, I'm not gonna stop breeding horses until a shiny one decides to show me some love.

You don't really need the memory girl, you just to need to know the player's OT and ID and see if it matches up with the shiny.
But whatever; it's too late to collect everyone's OT and ID now.

You don't really need the memory girl, you just to need to know the player's OT and ID and see if it matches up with the shiny.
But whatever; it's too late to collect everyone's OT and ID now.

that's actually a good way to do it to. Show your own ID and the ID of the shiny pokemon. Using the Shiny Value Method only shows you the shiny value of the egg, but you can't actually change it to match your own shiny value[yet. Probably a coming future once the games are truely hacked].

so what is this SV method you guys are talking about?
could someone please explain?

The SV Method is using InstaCheck Hotspot to find your shiny value and that of your eggs you've bred; then finding somebody who matches your egg's SV and getting them to hatch the egg for you; resulting in an easy shiny.

my shiny eevee with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/1 was obtained through that method; and now I have to get another for a friend of mine who wants a shiny vapy from me.

wat???

explain a little more or elaborate or link me to something which better explains it?

The SV[Shiny Value] is what determins if the egg will be shiny or not by if it matches your own SV. Say, for instance, your SV is 1234, and you've bred a bunch of eggs with the following SVs

Out of those five eggs, the only one that would be shiny when hatched is the one that has your shiny value on it. In other words, the egg with the SV of 1234, which matches your SV for this; would hatch as a shiny whatever pokemon it is. The rest would all be normal colors.

Basically if your SV is 1234, and you breed an egg with 1234 as its SV then

TSV = ESV = Shiny
TSV /= ESV = Normal

(TSV = Trainer Shiny Value, ESV = Egg Shiny Value)

Note: To find these values you need a program called InstaCheck Hotspot. Don't ask me how to use it though, I've never been able to get it to even start.

Oh, and actual SV values are between 0 and 9999.

Last edited:
Back