• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

I'm SO happy I found this thread. :p I've been really lucky when it comes to shinies, I got a shiny Charmander on my first clutch of eggs, and it took me a long-ass time but I finally got the shiny Deino I've been hoping for!

I also have a shiny Skrelp and a shiny Aerodactyl. <3 And I'm NEVER done looking for more, nevah!

I just booted up my copy of White for the first time in a while and remembered that I have two event shiny Magikarp from Japan. Level 99 with decent moves. I also have two each of the Gamestop event Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina shinies.

Now if NOA would finally release Pokebank and transporter so I can get them in X

I'll probably have another 2 or 3 boxes worth of shinies coming to Y once I have the pokemon bank(note: I used my AR for shinies in previous gens, so almost none of my old shinies are legit. My super star shiny flareon is legit though. Can't wait to get her into Y[course then I'll have two shiny flareons with the same name in Y lol])

The sooner I get the bank, the sooner all of you can attempt to trade me for my shiny mewtwo.

Hatched a shiny Swinub :)
I was looking at my batch and she was the only one with Thick Fat xD
3 Perfect IVs, so I doubt I'll use her for competitive battles. She'll just be in my trophy case along Feebas.

Hatched a shiny Swinub :)
I was looking at my batch and she was the only one with Thick Fat xD
3 Perfect IVs, so I doubt I'll use her for competitive battles. She'll just be in my trophy case along Feebas.

Excuse me, a person somewhere named Blu Rose on manyforums would like to steal your Feebas.

Got the Shiny Charm last night, so it is time for me to go on a real shiny hunting adventure.

Excuse me, a person somewhere named Blu Rose on manyforums would like to steal your Feebas.

I have an extra feebass if you want it, Blu Rose. I've already bread her out for my Milley[whom is already a Milotic, though I think I evolved her too soon]

Woo! I just hatched my first ever shiny since I first introduced myself to the pokemon series in 1999! This is literally the only genuine shiny pokemon with my trainer ID to exist :L What's even better was that it was my first attempt at the Masuda method! After I hatched my beautiful gold tympole, I hatched another 3 minutes later!
It's crazy! After 15 years of playing pokemon and coming across NILL shinies, I suddenly get my first 2 in the space of 10 minutes!
535.png
535.png

Are one of those tympole's available for trading? I could offer you a shiny swinub for one(she's got 2 or 3 perfect IVs on her, possibly more), or my shiny aron(not entirely sure on his IVs, much like the swinub; however both can be nicknamed).

edit: Also congrats on the finds[wish I could get that lucky. Latest shiny I've found was another skrelp. And I'd been looking for it for a friend that wanted a skrelp.]

Last edited:
I only recently discovered how to get shinies in X and Y as I never had any before, but knew about them. I'm going to try use the pokeradar soon but knowing me it will take forever and I will mess up and break my screen as i am such a noob at catching shinies and havent caught any yet lmao

There's always chain fishing. By far easier to get shinies with the chain fishing method[harder to mess it up too since your not moving and don't have to worry about finding different pokemon with each cast.]

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have an extra feebass if you want it, Blu Rose. I've already bread her out for my Milley[whom is already a Milotic, though I think I evolved her too soon]

Oh crud.. I forgot you don't have X or Y and that's where my extra Feebas is...

Got the Shiny Charm last night, so it is time for me to go on a real shiny hunting adventure.

Congrats!

You know I heard a lot of stories where people, before they got shiny charm, had a lot of success finding shinies. Then when they finally got the shiny charm their lucky dropped. It's pretty funny :)

I don't know if my luck dropped since getting it, but I had some success since. Best of luck on your shiny hunts.

I gotta find somebody to help me finish my national dex if nintendo doesn't release the damn bank soon[if they do, I'm just gonna use my AR to get myself all the missing pokemon from my dex; after I transfer what I can from my previous gens up. Never know, might just get myself down to missing only a handful at that point, instead of just over 200 lol

edit: Score, three cottonee eggs and I get a normal one with 31/x/31/31/31/31. Perfect mate for my 5IV male japanese clefairy. Got two other imperfect modest 5IV cottonee's if somebody wants em for breeding. 31/31/x/31/31/31, and 31/31/31/31/31/x are their IVs.

edit again: well then.. there's my 3rd pokemon with 31/31/31/31/31/31 lol And because he's a modest cottonee too; he's gonna be godly.

Last edited:
I gotta find somebody to help me finish my national dex if nintendo doesn't release the damn bank soon[if they do, I'm just gonna use my AR to get myself all the missing pokemon from my dex; after I transfer what I can from my previous gens up. Never know, might just get myself down to missing only a handful at that point, instead of just over 200 lol

What do you need at this point? I just finished the National Dex the other day, minus the event legendaries, and would be willing to help out where I could.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Congrats!

You know I heard a lot of stories where people, before they got shiny charm, had a lot of success finding shinies. Then when they finally got the shiny charm their lucky dropped. It's pretty funny :)

I don't know if my luck dropped since getting it, but I had some success since. Best of luck on your shiny hunts.

Considering I have been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, and the only non story line or event shiny I have ever found was a Gothorita on Route 20 in X, I would think that my shiny hunting luck could only go up lol.

What is the fastest most easy way to find shinys?

Last edited:
What is the fastest most easy way to find shinys?

Buying or trading for them. I got 5 in a day once. :)

On a serious note, the easiest way is chain fishing, but fish shinies aren't considered valuable anymore. Your best bet is horde battling, masuda method breeding, or the friend safari.

Oh crud.. I forgot you don't have X or Y and that's where my extra Feebas is...

Feebas don't like me...
"Let's go down into Mt. Coronet!"
*Shudders*

@StormBlader: I, personally, like Masuda Method. I have tried (and horribly failed) to Soft Reset Giratina, Kyogre, and Dialga. Chain Fishing is by far the easiest way, unless if you get a time machine, and, if you do that, go back and get Pok?Spot? I can't remember what it was...

What do you need at this point? I just finished the National Dex the other day, minus the event legendaries, and would be willing to help out where I could.

Most of gens 2 and 4. And almost all the legendaries. I only have the 6th gen ones and mew in my dex

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG! I want that pachirisu[or w/e its called]! That's totally my Pachi!{I have a shiny female one named that in black x3}

Back