• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

I caught my first ever shiny Geodude last night while training! :D

I need to remember to check there more often. There are so many scammers though. :(

yeah, you gotta be careful. Though your pretty safe with giveaways, so long as they're not asking for valuable pokemon in exchange for the pokemon that's being given away

Traded a perfect jolly marvel scale dratini with extreme speed, iron tail, aqua jet, and dragon dance for a shiny helioptile!

Man, I love shinies. Still a bit short on them in 6th gen as I don't have much patience (I did breed a shiny Honedge though... took me 300 eggs.) but I have around 70 of them in 5th gen.

Ahh, so jealous of your candy floss mareep <3
My hunt for one hasn't produced anything yet :(

I hunted for another one for about two hours last night, because I want the full evolution line, and no luck. I took a break to mm breed for a perfect shiny smeargle. No shiny smeargle yet, but on the bright side, I have gotten over half a dozen perfect smaergles most of which I have already traded for shinies. People sure do love dark void smeargle.

Last edited:
Shiny hog much, Scribbler? Also, if it wasn't for a lack of a 3DS AR, I'd have all the shines already. And a complete national dex(probably the only way I'll get that finished.. missing ruby/sapphire games so I can't get the pokemon from those regions as easilly as the rest)

Shiny hog much, Scribbler? Also, if it wasn't for a lack of a 3DS AR, I'd have all the shines already. And a complete national dex(probably the only way I'll get that finished.. missing ruby/sapphire games so I can't get the pokemon from those regions as easilly as the rest)

In comparison to others, not really. I saw people with 4 whole boxes of shinies. I only have 23 shinies in total on x.

I have just been really lucky with trading lately. It turns out a lot of people would rather have perfect competitive pokemon they can battle with than shinies with no good ivs. I give the sad, IV-less shinies a loving home, and they get my extra competitive pokemon. Everyone wins! :)

Last edited:
I'd love to get that extra magikarp from you, but I have nothing to trade right now >.<

Lol, i just turned on my ds, and was in the friend safari from when i last saved, moved, and bumped into a shiny Growlithe :O :p >.<. Come on shiny larvesta >.<

Lol, i just turned on my ds, and was in the friend safari from when i last saved, moved, and bumped into a shiny Growlithe :O :p >.<. Come on shiny larvesta >.<

Nice! I wish that would happen to me, I've been hunting for Aipom or Eevee in safari for the past 2 days, and I'm not even finding a HA Eevee, let alone a shiny.

Since I've been working on my Y playthrough, I haven't had quite as much time to shiny hunt on X, so the hunts are longer. And I have no patience whatsoever, so I end up giving up after a couple of days. But I want a shiny Aipom, so I always come back. :)

My first shiny Pokemon was a Solrock in Pokemon Ruby. Turns out that that copy was illegitimate and corrupted several days later :<

Back