• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

I like how they implemented the dream suite using the bed inside your house. It's simple yet effective. You will end up on the Resident Service area, which you cannot decorate with paths or anything. Now, I don't have to worry about re-pathing the area left by visitors before updating my dream. Can't wait to visit and chill on other people's island! The fireworks, while expected, look awesome as well.

I'm so excited about fireworks and dreams! I'm especially interested in the custom design fireworks, whatever those are!

But now I'm panicking and have to get my island ready for dream visits lol. Time to cleanup my fossils and overgrown hybrids again!!

me too.... i feel the pressure to make it presentable. we can't store the hybrids inside our houses anymore 😭

Very small update when it comes to the number of stuff added, but I feel the content seems very high quality.
Fireworks festival is back and I love that. It was always such a magical time in NL. Can't wait to force my villagers to look at my dumb personal meme fireworks... in HD!

Dream Suite is back and that makes me very very happy. I loved just wandering random dreams for several hours. I really hope they kept the "random" option. Also since dream suite is now officially a thing, I can move forward with working on my story island. I've been kind of slacking since I wasn't sure how the dream suite would work if we were to get it.

Also can we talk about how gorgeous the dreamscape area with Luna is?​

i agree too, the update in terms of numbers of stuff is little, but the updates they are adding is very important (so yeah high quality) so no complaints here. i expected new items for fall anyways not wave 2.

i also want to add, in times like this i appreciate the slow roll-outs. it makes the game much fun when we're experiencing events like this at the same time.

--

kapp'n / tortimer's island being paid dust though 💀

i guess next summer

Oh cool. Time to waste precious hours exploring those beautiful islands and feel bad about mine.

Custom fireworks. I can totally see it fully taken advantage of. Memes for sure. Also love the new items from the raffle.

I spy a villager holding a balloon!!!

Isabelle finally goes out of confinement! Also interesting to see Redd handle the raffle instead of Tom.

Also, backups!! Though I'm sure it won't be as simple as it seems. Was expecting this to release August 1st. So glad it's alot earlier than anticipated.

Last edited:
Definitely excited for this update! I do wish the Dream Suite had its own building, but that's okay! Love the custom fireworks and backups now. If the next update isn't until Halloween time, seems like there won't be any more big additions anytime soon. Still looking forward to this very much!

Ahh I love the fireworks festivals! I'm so glad they brought them back after all 🥺💗 I hope there's something with fortune cookies, I know Redd mentioned raffles though!

I'm so so glad that they added the Dream Suite back! I really love the way they've implemented it too. All of the animations for it and the fireworks are so lovely!

Definitely excited for this update! I do wish the Dream Suite had its own building, but that's okay! Love the custom fireworks and backups now. If the next update isn't until Halloween time, seems like there won't be any more big additions anytime soon. Still looking forward to this very much!

The thing is the trailer said fall update. It could very much be split in two for September and October. Have to see.

audibly gasped when I saw the character go to bed because I knew what was coming 😂 part of me wishes there was a dedicated building for it but I'd have to find space for it so this is good too. I wonder if it works on beds outdoors too, if it does I'm sure people will come up with amazing ideas for outdoors dream suites!

Omg, finally!! Everything looks fantastic! Can wait to spend a ton of time exploring dream islands haha.

audibly gasped when I saw the character go to bed because I knew what was coming 😂 part of me wishes there was a dedicated building for it but I'd have to find space for it so this is good too. I wonder if it works on beds outdoors too, if it does I'm sure people will come up with amazing ideas for outdoors dream suites!
Ooh, good point! I really hope it works outdoors. That would really open up a whole new area to be creative with!

IM SO HAPPY FOR DREAM SUITE i really hole that it works the same way as new leaf where once u upload ur dream u can make changes to ur town an ur dream will stay the same until u save again.

ugh this is refueling my imagination and i wanna decorate my island again 🥺

also im so happy about island restoration and backups ive been so paranoid about something happening to my switch bc i didnt wanna lose my acnh island. also this means we are so much closer to being able to transfer our save data to another switch 😭

Fireworks, ayy. Don't care much for dream suite honestly. It was good for picking weeds in NL but here it's the same lol.

So happy for backups! The fireworks look cute too. I haven't been playing much the last week, I need to spruce up my island a bit but I look forward to visiting other islands without interfering with their play.

DREAM SUITE IS FINALLY HERE POGGIES!!!!!!

Also we finally can have our own Red Balloon collectible in game i see :^) I really like those star antennae hat or whatever they are called, and the sprinklers are very cute! I can't wait!

Ah this looks so cool, I completely forgot that we were getting a wave 2 update! It's really cute how they implemented dream suite via a bed, since it makes a lot of sense and finally gives a use for the bed. I'm hoping to try and revamp my island a bit soon, so hopefully some dream islands can help give me some inspiration for what to do. Also very excited to see what Redd's raffle is and what the prizes are going to be... I honestly have no clue what could be up for grabs, but here's hoping there's some exclusive furniture and clothing items in the prize pool too!

I was DREADING the idea of having to find somewhere to put the Dream Suite building to the point I was totally okay with the feature not ever being added just because of how much it would have messed up my plans... using your own bed is a PERFECT solution and I am so excited!

Back