• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

ooh, I just realized that I can make a version of my island that’s covered in maple leaves, pine cones and acorns without fear of people stealing them! I’m definitely going to have that set up once I’ve completed it.

Here’s hoping that they let us choose what voice our villager has. I want my character to sound like a jock.

Great update I knew we would not get much as the first one was a big one happy the dream suite is back and fireworks

Island backup! That's awesome. I'm really stoked for that. 👍

The dream suite is coming way earlier than I'd anticipated. I'll probably be visiting lots of other islands first, because my own island isn't complete. I need to wait until at least after autumn (for some fall items that I really want to collect) to finish mine, before I make it available for dreamers.

I want to blow bubbles everywhere! 😆

Ah this looks so cool, I completely forgot that we were getting a wave 2 update! It's really cute how they implemented dream suite via a bed, since it makes a lot of sense and finally gives a use for the bed. I'm hoping to try and revamp my island a bit soon, so hopefully some dream islands can help give me some inspiration for what to do. Also very excited to see what Redd's raffle is and what the prizes are going to be... I honestly have no clue what could be up for grabs, but here's hoping there's some exclusive furniture and clothing items in the prize pool too!

really? even after the "when is the next update" threads daily? 😭
i hope we get new exclusive items too! can't wait. but i feel like we'd get those bubble blowers and balloons instead. just a guess. (i like those too though! excited for those handheld items to return)

aah definitely looking forward to this update! also island backup finallyyy :>
was hoping Luna would get her own building but it's alright, maybe brewsters will c:

Anyone in the southern hemisphere wanna let me over for fireworks?
Kinda wanna witness the fireworks festival in the snow. Sounds really cool. 🤔
I’ll be making an island in the SH pretty soon. Hopefully unlocking the fireworks show won’t take too long...

So excited for the dream suite! I can’t wait to explore some amazing themed islands for inspiration 🥰

I’m so excited!! The Dream Suite looks really nice! The cool effects when you sleep are amazing, it looks really good. I guess the Aika island will be a thing now... I can’t wait to visit people’s islands! The fireworks are pretty cool, I always liked those glow headbands and I’m happy I can wear them again!

My honest first impression? As cute as the fireworks shows are I hope there's more to them than just what's shown, copied and pasted from New Leaf from custom designs right down to the head boppers and spark things. I do love how beds have an actual use now and the dream world looks pretty. Useless for those without online though and it's essentially just a way to visit islands without all the benefits (shops, npcs, etc.).

So far the brand new update features have been what? Gullivarr? Museum Day too I guess. The rest has been revived content. If this is all they're giving us until October, I mean... OK, then.

I won’t say it’s great they added fireworks because those should have been a given considering how the past three Animal Crossing games have been, but really happy the dream suite is back!

Also, on the weekend of August’s Bug Off, does KK not play at all that weekend if Saturday is the Bug Off and Sunday are fireworks? Or maybe he’ll move to Friday for that weekend? Just curious!

Nintendo says this is “a service to back-up Animal Crossing: New Horizons save data and recover it from the server in the event of console failure, loss or theft will be available to Nintendo Switch Online members from July 30th 2020”.

However, this comes with some heavy caveats. For one, you won’t be able to initiate the restoration of your island by yourself. It can only be done by contacting Nintendo support (details yet to be released). If you bought a new Nintendo Switch lately and want to transfer your save, well this isn’t for you. Nintendo says they’re still planning on releasing that functionality this year but for now your island is landlocked to the console you started it on.

so we can backup saved data, but not recover it ourselves.
yet.
at least we're getting there.

I never really used the dream suite in NL, but backups make it worth it!!

Back