• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

The update looks awesome, I especially love the music for the Fireworks Festival and the background they created while using the Dream Suite.

But of course Nintendo still haven't got a clue clearly how to implement save data backup properly, with all the caveats involved with this.

I was hoping the backup's was going to mean I could finally transfer to my new console but alas not. Ah well! Fireworks and the dream suite seem pretty cool also!

I was hoping the backup's was going to mean I could finally transfer to my new console but alas not. Ah well! Fireworks and the dream suite seem pretty cool also!

But of course Nintendo still haven't got a clue clearly how to implement save data backup properly, with all the caveats involved with this.

yeah. i'm going to add it on the OP regarding backup's so people would see.

i love it! it hasnt many items i think but i love that we get more useable items (i even saw one holding a balloon!)
also i love how the dreams work now! i dont need another building for that, its perfect!

And that's it? Lol. Expected but still hate it

And the dream suite not only doesn't get a dedicated building, but not even any sort of integration into any other structures? It's just a "iTs aLl In YoUR hEaD" thing... They're pushing the whole "it's a deserted island and you're all alone go f*** yourself make do" thing a little to goddamn hard it's starting to look extremely lazy on their parts. "So we're just gonna program it all onto the player's bed, that way we don't have to model a building for our 60$ game that has less features than the 40$ one"

So as always, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined... BUT! I knew it was going to be :)

I wonder if we'll get a K.K. concert with fireworks in August? He'll get pushed to Sunday for the August Bug-Off 🤩

Like what others have said...the "Dream Suite" and Island Backup was absolutely necessary. I can't even imagine if i couldn't backup my island and would have to start again...so I am GLAD they finally did that. The Dream Suite is honestly suited to your bed. It makes the most sense. I really didn't want to build a whole new building just to visit other saved islands.

And yeah fireworks are cool too especially now you can custom design them.
The boppers are so nostaglic of NL. Isabelle is finally out of the RS. Thanks goodness!!

The fireworks show looks so cute, especially love the headbands and sparklers! And I'm soo excited for Dream Suite 🤩 Been wanting to tour islands but I don't have any friends who play and I feel shy/awkward asking and touring people's islands in their presence so being able to just tour them in a dream is going to be so fun!

I think I'll get a new Switch now you can back up Animal Crossing because mine has started making loud whirring noises.

Oh new wallpaper lol
116426588_3126381837480034_4771138953990226963_n.png

I think I'll get a new Switch now you can back up Animal Crossing because mine has started making loud whirring noises.

Transferring your data isn't an option yet, your save is still locked to your console. You can just get it back if its corrupted atm.

If anything I'm hoping for the dream suite... Not because Katrina is a good NPC, and not because I want dream islands - I just get nervous about the lack of options to back up my island.

Of course, something exciting to do couldn't hurt either!

^ Past me summing up my feelings right now! I like the fireworks and all but this is such a relief. I'm also very excited to be able to run around on all sorts of islands!

Got excited when I saw the garbage bin next to Redd’s booth and thought we could finally place items on the plaza, but it’s probably just to throw out used handheld items like the sparkler you place on the floor or dud tickets.

Back