• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

Based on the last update yes. 10 am japan time on 7/30 will be 6pm 7/29 in California, so I expect the update will be released at that time for me.

Yup...that would also explain why I remember the last update going live in time to buy a wetsuit at Nooks (because it would have gone up at 9pm in New Jersey, which is where I am). So...unless they changed something about this update, we should be looking at exactly that.

what do they mean by backups? 😐

They will create a backup of your save data.

So say it gets corrupted and you lose all your data, so everything you've done since, your villagers, your island. Everything.

Instead of starting over, they can re-input your save data from the back up, back into your game so nothing is lost.

You'll need NSO though and currently it can only be successfully backed-up to one switch, it can't be transferred to another switch atm.

I hope that the Bubble Wand and Sparklers are unlimited use.

If they have limited uses, I will just never use them...

They will create a backup of your save data.

So say it gets corrupted and you lose all your data, so everything you've done since, your villagers, your island. Everything.

Instead of starting over, they can re-input your save data from the back up, back into your game so nothing is lost.

You'll need NSO though and currently it can only be successfully backed-up to one switch, it can't be transferred to another switch atm.
It's meant to be if your switch breaks too, and you get another one.

Wasn't that the point?

Can't restore data on a broken one.

I read what you need to go through (at the animalcrossingworld site above) to even get this so called backup, and it's nightmarish.

I hope that the Bubble Wand and Sparklers are unlimited use.

If they have limited uses, I will just never use them...
I recall the bubble wanted being unlimited, but sparklers were a one time use

It's meant to be if your switch breaks too, and you get another one.

Wasn't that the point?

Can't restore data on a broken one.

I read what you need to go through (at the animalcrossingworld site above) to even get this so called backup, and it's nightmarish.

It states that it is indeed for restoring the island to a new or repaired system if the original one breaks. So it sounds like they do have the ability to put it on a new system? It's just that we can't do it on our own.

My personal experience with the Nintendo customer service has been absolutely outstanding, but I'm well aware that they may not be equally fast & friendly all over the globe.

It still sounds like that's going to suck, having to contact support for this. I guess we'll have to wait for reports of people actually using this to see how difficult it is to get this done.

Honestly I think the chance of a save corruption is higher than my switch breaking... I wonder if they'd fix it for that too, because I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

Reusing this gif once more to display my excitement
6E7AA429-F2C8-4ED3-A9CF-F8B7976E6C51.gif

Back