• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Kitten's Follow-Me GFX Gallery>>>(°◡°♡).:。

Bumping because I need to motivate myself and get back into practicing 8'D Definitely plan to take on some new tuts as well for practice : )

Ok well here is a small tag I made for my sig, gonna make them all about this size to rotate next to my art pieces : )

sZYGgb.png

Figured I would change it up in my sig once again 8)

Edit- just gonna make new tags and resize for now, too lazy currently to add artist names which I would like to do for crediting if I add them back into my sig : )

Last edited:
Hrmmm just finished my tag set, will keep working on more when I am not so tired, probably tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Yup still working on tutorials, this was my utcome for a lighting-style tutorial xD:

wcc3a0.png

Added to sig, gonna keep working hard ^^

Augh ok my first half-close-decent attempt at a smudge tag 8'D ugh I like it but will continue to practice hard so I can perfect it :3

9hJ4X1.png

At a family friends house, working on a new GFX at home, will finish and update when I get back home : )

My updated version of the last one as the colors were mostly red whoops, lowered the photo filter on it : )

VFwHrx.png

Well hmmmmm not sure what I just made lol, this is what happens when I try the other styles of GFX at nearly 2 am 8'D

Vkt2t6.png

If anyone wants feel free to critique/suggest how to improve haha : ) And a nice big bump for my non-updated gallery xD

It's kind of a mish-mash of styles I suppose.

Last edited:
Hey Kairi, the latest piece looks great! I like the drop shadow with scanlines you put behind Gray and Ib, and the colors look quite nice overall :-]
Texture usage is creative, too! I like it.

I do have some critique for you though, and the first thing to mention would be text. While the coloring and the font variety are great, I'm not too fond of the placement either. I think putting it closer to the focus (Gray and Ib) would be better, so that the text doesn't unnecessarily detract from them. Rotating it to fit the slanted line of the diagonal corner texture would've been great as well imo. Text doesn't have to be straight and blocky all the time ;-]

Ah, and it's oversharpened. The same goes for the render you used, too; so it's not just the text. You could definitely say that they match because of this (which is certainly a good thing) but I think an oversharpened look is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. The lighting/light textures and background image lead me to believe that you wanted a dreamy effect, correct? If that's the case, then focusing on depth and only sharpening foreground elements of the tag would've looked better. So oversharpening is definitely something to look out for, especially for it's unintended effects!

But yeah, it's cool to see how you've improved (judging from the sigs you showcased in the OP), and it's awesome that you're getting back into this again. I'll look out for more updates \o/

Last edited:
Hey Kairi, the latest piece looks great! I like the drop shadow with scanlines you put behind Gray and Ib, and the colors look quite nice overall :-]
Texture usage is creative, too! I like it.

I do have some critique for you though, and the first thing to mention would be text. While the coloring and the font variety are great, I'm not too fond of the placement either. I think putting it closer to the focus (Gray and Ib) would be better, so that the text doesn't unnecessarily detract from them. Rotating it to fit the slanted line of the diagonal corner texture would've been great as well imo. Text doesn't have to be straight and blocky all the time ;-]

Ah, and it's oversharpened. The same goes for the render you used, too; so it's not just the text. You could definitely say that they match because of this (which is certainly a good thing) but I think an oversharpened look is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. The lighting/light textures and background image lead me to believe that you wanted a dreamy effect, correct? If that's the case, then focusing on depth and only sharpening foreground elements of the tag would've looked better. So oversharpening is definitely something to look out for, especially for it's unintended effects!

But yeah, it's cool to see how you've improved (judging from the sigs you showcased in the OP), and it's awesome that you're getting back into this again. I'll look out for more updates \o/

Ah great C+C thank you : ) I agree entirely on the text which you remind me now I should definitely learn to place around haha and you are right I have over sharpened rip lol, I think I had gone overboard in this case xD I was so gung-ho to get it to look sort of light and vintage I think I overreached : O

But spot on critique thanks so much, will definitely use your words for the next time I try something similar :3

Last edited:
Youre back doing GFX! Yay looking forward to continue to see your improvement :)

Youre back doing GFX! Yay looking forward to continue to see your improvement :)

Yussir : D And thanks haha about to post my latest shop example piece : ) Anyone can critique <:

Ok so I experimented with bokeh and some C4D overlay effects as well as lighting-

ignfHk.png

Last edited:
I think this piece is awesome! The only thing I would suggest is maybe change the text? The pixelated look of it doesn't fit, at least not in my opinion.

However, the lighting and the bokeh placement is absolutely stunning. Awesome job!

I think this piece is awesome! The only thing I would suggest is maybe change the text? The pixelated look of it doesn't fit, at least not in my opinion.

However, the lighting and the bokeh placement is absolutely stunning. Awesome job!

Thanks : ) Might mess around with the text I just got a placement idea haha xD

But thanks very much, Cam^^ I thought so too haha but yup will see what texts work around it <:

SASHAAAAA <3 I'm so happy to see you back and making GFX again!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!!! <3 As for your recent Hatsune Miku piece, I love it!! It's so cute!! The text change you made definitely looks better than the pixel one! However I really don't like the hard stroke on the hatsune miku text ;v ; I would suggest just messing with more fonts to find one that fits! Aside from the text, everything else is perf <3 Great job!!

Back