• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Legends of the Creepy Hollows

Pyoopi

greedy heart stealer
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
TeeheeTiki
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Pink Heart Balloon
Coconut
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Banana
Toy Hammer
Banana
Coconut
Banner_01.png

Creepy paths, tunnels, woods or even under your bed lurks urban legends and myths. What will you discover today?
Your Task 🏚️

Create an existing or imaginary urban legend through photography! Go inside or outside and take a picture of an area where your urban legend resides. Then write a short description about your photo.

You must post two photos. One is your entry and the other is the unedited version with a physical nametag of your TBT username.

Deadline: Sunday, November 6th at 11:59 PM EST

Rules 🏚️

• All entries must be original.
  • Your entry must be suitable for a PG-13 audience and not violate our Rules and Guidelines.
  • Please keep your descriptions under TWO paragraphs. No essays please.
  • Filters are highly encouraged.
  • Do not edit your post after submitting.
Prizes 🏚️

Participation:
  • 30 Ghostly Gold
  • 300 DEF Points
Community Favorites:
  • 15 Ghostly Gold
Frequently Asked Questions 🏚️

Can we use filters?
Yes you can but remember to post the unedited photo with a physical nametag.

Does our physical nametag have a handwritten note?
If you want to write your username on your phone or tablet, that's fine as long as it's visible in the photo as a physical object.

Can we include a monster in our photo?
Props are okay but no Photoshopping or digitally drawing a monster in. The focus should be more environmental than the monster. If you included a prop, please also include it in your unedited photo with your nametag!

Last edited:
Can we include a monster or creature of some sort in the image or does it have to just be an environment shot?
It should just be the environment! I am a scaredy cat even though I made this idea. I will launch into the ceiling if I see spooky monsters in photos, haha.

IMG_9569 2.jpeg

It is said that if you climb into this box of legend and recite a specific spooky poem, it will summon a portal to another world! ...Or you'll just look like a silly person sitting in a box talking to yourself and feel very embarrassed. The horror!

IMG_9570.jpg

Unedited_LotCH.jpg

Edited_LotCH.jpg

The darkness lies within. The hole that leads to under the stairs. Legend has it that those that enter, get stuck in the cobwebs, sunk down, and then never return. Where do they go? I for one will never try to find out.

But who would enter this in our apartment complex anyway. Clean it up maintenance!

9176FE85-DC17-485E-BD8A-37692BF57900.jpeg

this funky fire demon has recently come out of hiding and it seems to be highly active in its natural habitat. it can conjure up several fire boomerangs at once when i (if it's) let it loose. run on sight!

my proof picture - same fireplace but different flame shot. hope this is okay for an entry!

0F2BC240-9C10-4E41-8DB4-1D5714631736.jpeg

GBT9s0D.jpg

The fae are a rare sight in these modern days. With human intervention overtaking their natural habitats, they have been forced into hiding right under our noses. They reside everywhere and all around us! You too can spot these mythical creatures, but only if you know where to look! I found this tiny dwelling built into a tree in my very own backyard. Hmm, it seems someone has been helping themself to my vegetable garden.
CarLOuV.jpg

1666676123089.png

As the nightly hours begin to saunter on, a mysterious demonic-like spirit is said to roam the fields. An unmistakable sign that the creature looms near is the strengthening of the streetlights' light as seen above (but mysterious lights in the sky is another sure sign that it is nearby). Rumors of people venturing out into the fields and then mysteriously vanishing has loomed over the local area. If the creature is spotted, do not approach lest you take the risk of being spirited away.

name card

1666676064681.png

legendsofcreepyhollows_entry.png

Some say that if you cross this bridge at 3 AM on any windy night in Autumn, a Dhamungaod will crawl out of the sewer pipe below and drag you right back in with it. It doesn't matter how much smaller the entry of the pipe is compared to you, for the Dhamungaod is originally from the depths of the ocean and is somehow able to create differential pressure on land.
Occasionally it can be heard quietly chittering during the day...

legendsofcreepyhallows-username.jpg

Sorry my username got cut off a little bit! Let me know if you need a better picture
legendsofcreepyhallows.jpg

Unedited picture without nametag.
The Dhamungaod is a completely made up name, with help from a fantasy name generator!

Last edited:
gY6AhnT.png

Everyone around here knows that when the fog rolls in thick, you don't go into the woods. The fog will claim those who wander too far. Some say that people simply get lost due to the poor visibility, but the lucky few who have escaped claim it was something far more mysterious. Some survivors talk about the fog getting denser and denser around them, until they go to turn around and realize that the path they took to get there has disappeared entirely. Others talk about seeing strange shapes and figures moving in the mist... and they didn't look like trees.

fJdbHSX.jpg

Legend says that a small owl with glowing eyes roams the sky hunting for large prey. Remnants of it's conquest can be found throughout the county. An owl being able to hunt a coyote or human? Preposterous you say. It must be the work of a deranged killer that gets a sick pleasure from terrifying people. There's no animal in this area that is skilled enough to hunt a large predator. Ok, then what is that tapping noise that you hear outside your window? It sounds like it's coming from the shed.

IMG_6802.jpg

I took the first photo at dusk, and the unfiltered one in the morning. That's why the owl is in a different position. Please let me know if the proof is not sufficient.
IMG_6819.jpg

Sarah3_CreepyHallows.jpg

Sarah3_CreepyHallowsName.jpg

Legend has it that there is treasure on the other side of this treacherous path. But no one has ever been able to confirm. They all know the tales. Anyone who enters may have to face the wraith of the ever dangerous, monstrous dust mite that lives down there. Travelers beware.

rumor has it that if you pass by this cupboard between the hours of 2-4AM, a strange small creature made of shadow will strike from the top shelf and try to grab you. those unfortunate enough to fall victim to its touch are said to soon be plagued by horrible nightmares and hallucinations.

20221025_221634.jpg

had to try several times to take this because she kept trying to eat/attack the paper 😔

20221025_221712.jpg
hopefully this is acceptable !! i was looking for a place to work with, and she was just up there lol, so i took the opportunity, but i can always do something else.

Legend says that there was an evil witch who terrorized the local villagers until one day a powerful sorcerer came trapped her spirit in this box. But before you think about opening this box Beware! For it is also said that the sorcerer placed a powerful curse on the box that whoever would dare to open and risk freeing the witch would themselves be trapped inside!

Attachments

• 5A240E09-D3D8-42AF-931D-8D19D2D7327F.jpeg
    5A240E09-D3D8-42AF-931D-8D19D2D7327F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 59C51B92-83D1-4270-A647-6A885143B170.jpeg
    59C51B92-83D1-4270-A647-6A885143B170.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
trail.png

Ever since my childhood, I had heard rumors about this desolate, seemingly prolonged dirt road, located only a mere few minutes away from my street. Parents always warned us when we played outside about how on the other side of the road is an ancient, rotting hut, sitting eerily awaiting the next visitor. Living inside is speculated to be an old man, who had lived there for years, all he had was a brother, who had lost his mind and ran away into the nearby woods bordering parts of our town.

As children, we've always teased each other and made dares to see how far we could go down the winding path, but we'd always only go so many steps in before backing out in horror, believing to have heard wheels creaking along the road, or even faint screaming. I've always passed this trail when I walked to school, it's been years, but I'm debating going the full distance to see what's actually over there.
sorry if it's too lengthy, i tried to stay within the limit!

I took two pictures, in the first one it is hard to make out my username so the second one has focus on it, but I figured I'd include it anyway to prove that it's unedited.
It might be hard to make out anyway, so please let me know if you need me to give more proof!
trailpr1.png

trailpr2.png

urban legend.jpg

Multiple disappearances have been traced back to this hidden shed, which now lies abandoned at the back of an old construction site. The few live witness accounts report rattling coming from inside the pipes, and a high pitched wheezing coming from the shed at night, which could either sound like air escaping, or a laugh.

urbleg nametag.jpg

Back