• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let us translate! [Animal Crossing: New Leaf Translation Thread]

Making shells into items?! I love shells and collecting them in real life (which is hard when you don't live next to any body of water!) so this sounds great. I've always wanted to have a bunch of shell items but it was too easy to just pick all the shells up and have them all in a short time.

:3 Having a purpose for collecting shells this time around sounds amazing!

It is not just shells. You can "remake" fossils and all that as well into model-esque items.

Latest tweet:
maikochan.jpg

I happened to see a young girl, and wondered if she was perhaps lost? But I was wrong--that isn't the case. She just rode the train by herself in hopes of seeing some new towns! She asks people for their recommendations of what town to go to, So it seems that some kind person gave them a recommendation for them to check out another town!

Text box translation: Maiko-chan
I am not lost*, I am Maiko!

*In Japanese 迷子 (まいご) = Maigo is very similar in pronunciation to the name "Maiko" so it is a bit of a play on words. Perhaps if they were to translate this to English her name would be something similar to the word "lost" and they would make a joke about that.

Last edited:
They would probably just keep it Katie, that's been her name since she began her lost ca journey, changing her name would make no sense.

The first time I saw him, I admit I jumped and was a bit worried what he was going to do to me but I was like 5.
And he only came cause the power went out. -.-

the first time i saw resetti i was a little shocked and i got bored of his conversation.......

then i laughed at what he said lol....

Wow, really....

In the European Instruction Booklet for Animal Crossing (Let's Go To The City) City Folk, there is a little paragraph about Resetti.
"Information for parents - Mr Resetti.

It is important that players save before switching off the Wii console in order to retain data after each play session (see Saving Data, above). If players switch off without saving, the character Mr. Resetti may appear upon restarting.

Mr. Resetti's purpose is to teach players the importance of saving. However, parents should be aware that his personality and tone of voice, while intentionally humorous, are authoritative and may be disturbing to young children."

In the European Instruction Booklet for Animal Crossing (Let's Go To The City) City Folk, there is a little paragraph about Resetti.
"Information for parents - Mr Resetti.

It is important that players save before switching off the Wii console in order to retain data after each play session (see Saving Data, above). If players switch off without saving, the character Mr. Resetti may appear upon restarting.

Mr. Resetti's purpose is to teach players the importance of saving. However, parents should be aware that his personality and tone of voice, while intentionally humorous, are authoritative and may be disturbing to young children."

lol wow XD XD XD

lol, maybe the euro ppl are a little too sensitive......

also, any more tweets?

They would probably just keep it Katie, that's been her name since she began her lost ca journey, changing her name would make no sense.

This character is not Katie, though. She is an entirely new character with a similar, albeit different, purpose; but perhaps she is related to Katie and Kaitlin.

This character is not Katie, though. She is an entirely new character with a similar, albeit different, purpose; but perhaps she is related to Katie and Kaitlin.

I think they made Katie a bit older/taller because it would only make sense since they did it to everyone else.

I think they made Katie a bit older/taller because it would only make sense since they did it to everyone else.

No it's a new character, as said above, her name went from Maigo to Maiko, and she can't be older because she still has 'chan' on the end of her name, which Japanese people use to address pets and babies

New Tweet:
A65suI-CUAAWl6C.jpg

みなさ~ん、おはようございます!いよいよ新しい村長さんをお迎えする日が迫ってきたので園芸店のレイジさんに草むしりをお願いしました!途中で様子を見に行ったら寝てらしたんで、お掃除が終わるか心配でしたけど、ちゃんとキレイにしてもらえました♪ pic.twitter.com/DjzhsS51

New Tweet:
A65suI-CUAAWl6C.jpg

みなさ~ん、おはようございます!いよいよ新しい村長さんをお迎えする日が迫ってきたので園芸店のレイジさんに草むしりをお願いしました!途中で様子を見に行ったら寝てらしたんで、お掃除が終わるか心配でしたけど、ちゃんとキレイにしてもらえました♪ pic.twitter.com/DjzhsS51
"Good morning, everyooone! The day we finally get to welcome our new mayor is almost here, so I asked Lazy from the garden shop to pull all the weeds! I took a peek partway through to see how it was going and he was sleeping, so was worried if it would ever get done, but he cleaned everything up perfectly."

"Good morning, everyooone! The day we finally get to welcome our new mayor is almost here, so I asked Lazy from the garden shop to pull all the weeds! I took a peek partway through to see how it was going and he was sleeping, so was worried if it would ever get done, but he cleaned everything up perfectly."

Cool, I love all these tweets and how they are in Shizu's point of view...I think... Right?

Back