• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Let us translate! [Animal Crossing: New Leaf Translation Thread]

Meh. Voice chat wasn't that great anyway. It was good, but I rarely used it

First of all, thank you everyone that is doing translations here! I've been reading them but this is the first time I've posted. Its nice to be able to understand whats going on in the Japanese screenshots. :)

As for Voice Chat, I use it all the time in City Folk...so was not happy when I heard there would be no voice chat. :(

Not sure why they decided against it. The 3DS can do it. Heroes of Ruin had it. Hmm. Anyway, I have to say that no voice chat is the only thing I've found that I don't like so far. Everything is looking so very great in this game! My whole family is looking forward to it a lot. We plan to buy three copies when it comes out in North America. :)

I never got the Wii speak, so I never really got to experience voice chat anyways. Don't know why they didn't include it, but I'm okay with it I suppose.

Considering there's things like Skype and TeamSpeak, there will be alternative means of voice chatting.

Considering there's things like Skype and TeamSpeak, there will be alternative means of voice chatting.
That works to a degree. It can be a little hard to hear the game effectively if you have big studio headphones like I have. Setting up a Ventrilo channel (like IRC with voice) may be the best bet. That would allow AC players to come and go as they please.

You can just go in like the IRC and Tinychat whilst playing and still enjoy simple

That works to a degree. It can be a little hard to hear the game effectively if you have big studio headphones like I have. Setting up a Ventrilo channel (like IRC with voice) may be the best bet. That would allow AC players to come and go as they please.

True. however, you could use the trick I've found.

1. Plug earphones (from iPhone or something) into 3DS.
  2. Plug Headset into Computer.
  3. Put earphones in ears
  4. Put Headset on head.

Just to be clear, here is the difference between headphone, headset and earphones.

Growing up, I've noticed people get confused between the terms.

Head Phones
7-22-08-dr.dre_beats.jpg

Head Set
Fatal1ty-gaming-headset-by-creative.jpg

Ear Phones
Shure-SE110-Earphones.jpg

True. however, you could use the trick I've found.

1. Plug earphones (from iPhone or something) into 3DS.
  2. Plug Headset into Computer.
  3. Put earphones in ears
  4. Put Headset on head.

Just to be clear, here is the difference between headphone, headset and earphones.

Growing up, I've noticed people get confused between the terms.
Ah, yes; that's a pretty good trick. I use headphones, but I forgot for a moment that I have an alternate way to listen to the game: I route my sound through my audio dock. I can do this with the 3DS, too. It's perfect.

Here are some translation from some of the newest tweets.

ac1025a.jpg
I just saw a shooting star! And I of course made a wish on it as well! ☆☆☆ I hope everyone has sweet dreams tonight☆☆☆

ac1025b.jpg
Good morning everyone! Did everyone have sweet dreams last night?! By the way I got a letter and a present from Star (?)*. Was this because I wished upon that star, I wonder?

Text translation of the letter: To Shizue, the earthling
I saw you wish upon that falling star.
Your wish...yes, I know what it is.
I will make that wish come true.
-Star

ac1025c.jpg
Speaking of dreams, recently it's been popular to have all kinds of dreams at the Relaxation salon. It isn't about just having a dream, but you can show off your own town through the power of dreams as well. I wonder if we can do that in our town as well? I better go discuss this with the new mayor!!

Text translation dialogue box: Yumemi: Alright then...I'll just dim the lights now...

*I say "star" because おほしさま as it is written in Japanese could be localized in a bunch of ways, but this one is the most simple and I went with it.

View attachment 1813
I just saw a shooting star! And I of course made a wish on it as well! ☆☆☆ I hope everyone has sweet dreams tonight☆☆☆

View attachment 1814
Good morning everyone! Did everyone have sweet dreams last night?! By the way I got a letter and a present from Star (?)*. Was this because I wished upon that star, I wonder?

Text translation of the letter: To Shizue, the earthling
I saw you wish upon that falling star.
Your wish...yes, I know what it is.
I will make that wish come true.
-Star

View attachment 1815
Speaking of dreams, recently it's been popular to have all kinds of dreams at the Relaxation salon. It isn't about just having a dream, but you can show off your own town through the power of dreams as well. I wonder if we can do that in our town as well? I better go discuss this with the new mayor!!

Text translation dialogue box: Yumemi: Alright then...I'll just dim the lights now...

*I say "star" because おほしさま as it is written in Japanese could be localized in a bunch of ways, but this one is the most simple and I went with it.

awesome ^.^
thank you ^.^

Thank you for the translations, Saratoga. おほしさま(ohoshisama) makes me think "Great Little Star" (o- being "little" and -sama being a title of reverence, for those who don't know).

Thank you for the translations, Saratoga. おほしさま(ohoshisama) makes me think "Great Little Star" (o- being "little" and -sama being a title of reverence, for those who don't know).

That is a good point, but in this case I believe the "o" is this case is most likely the "o" of politeness, and not small. Just my two cents though.

Here is a translation for the newest Tweets:
tweet31.png
tweet31screenshot.jpg
Speech Bubble: So Shizue... Where are you headed to?

tweet30.png
tweet30screenshot.jpg
Speech Bubble: Oh my... It gives off a strong 'Crazy' look, and looks great on you.

I wonder if Shizue is just what the player happened to be called, or if Shizue is the one who answers the questions. Asking Shizue would be weird though...

It's the Shizue that is the Mayor's assistant. Note the icon, and the ways things are phrased.

They're just using Shizue as the player's name to demonstrate the features of the game as if the real Shizue was experiencing them. Hope that clears things up.

They're just using Shizue as the player's name to demonstrate the features of the game as if the real Shizue was experiencing them. Hope that clears things up.

That's good. I wasn't sure why we would be letting Shizue choose everything. I'm glad that was cleared up for me, thank you.

Here comes another tweet from @doubutsuno_mori!

みなさ~ん、おはようございます!今朝は浜辺をお散歩中にシャコガイのかいがらを見つけました♪シャコガイのかいがらと、ある物をR・パーカーズに持って行くと、ステキな物にリメイクできるんです!何ができるかは・・・また完成したらご報告しますね!

I looked it up with the rather sketchy Google Translate, and it seemed that there's something new in this.

Source where the quote was found: https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/

Back