• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Linandko's videos, contest idea

Will people be able to visit you if you friended them on here (except without all the little extras. Diving suit, fruits, bells, video, etc)? Perhaps not at the same time (obviously), but in general?

Though, having it exclusive to TBT only is unfair, considering you have 4,091 subscribers as of now and there are only 910 active members of TBT. Which means people subscribed to your channel wouldn't be able to join the contest if you make it so you have to have an account before 1/10.

They're talking about the Youtube account being that old, not the TBT account.
Why would it be exclusive to TBT members?

You clearly haven't read the thread...

The idea, for now:

We would make a video right after the dates are announced for the US and EU release dates. We are thinking this will be somewhat soon, maybe in Feb, possibly March (just a hunch) so we still have a lot of time until this happens. In this video we would announce the contest and tell people what it would consist of, what we are thinking now is this: ... ... ...
* * *​
... ... ... So anyway, the announcement video would set up the contest. We'd let them know that we would post another video, about a month before the game would be released. In that video, we'd request that everyone write [us] or [eu] in a comment, and it would act as an entry. More than one would mean disqualification, and their youtube account must be more than a month old (to prevent people from making multiple ones to post entries), but aside from that, anyone that is planning to get the game is eligible. We would close the entries maybe a few days before the game was to be released. We'd then make a final video where we show us printing out the comments, checking to make sure nobody "cheated" (did it multiple times, etc) and then show us going to a random number generator website to pick the winner! After the four winners were chosen we would get in contact with them, and get their FCs and all of that

You clearly haven't read the thread...
They haven't made a video about it yet?
And it seems she's only posted about it on these forums, so if she's talking about a youtube account why did she say this?
I suggest you make it required to have an account a bit more than a month old now that you have told people about it, and the release date announcement could still be more than a month away.
That is a really good point. Maybe something like "account older than 1/10/13" although that is oddly specific haha.

I dont know how to say this without sounding rude, but it's incredibly obvious they're talking abut Youtube...

I'll wait for Lin to come online and explain this to you, she's better at explaining. And who knows, I could be wrong, but pretty sure I'm not

And it seems she's only posted about it on these forums, so if she's talking about a youtube account why did she say this?

I think you've misunderstood. I'm sure the two of them haven't made a video yet because a release date hasn't been announced yet. I think they started this thread to see if it was something people would be interested in/get feedback and suggestions on the contest. Maybe they only come on TBTF.

The account info IS for Youtube, as this contest will take place on Youtube. The rules for account dates are set in place because someone reading this could go make 1, 10, or even 100 extra accounts to secure their win. The date is there to keep cheaters out and give everyone a fair chance.

Because she wanted some ideas from people and wanted to know what they thought before making a video about it. Besides Youtube comments can be a pain to use for feedback IMO.

The whole account limit is because now that it was mentioned somewhere (People can tell friends who may watch that may not be on the forums and there could be people who lurk on the forums but don't post as well), some people (whether here or elsewhere) may want to make multiple accounts to try and win. By adding a date restriction for Youtube accounts, they don't have to worry about people trying to cheat by posting on a new Youtube account after hearing about the contest.

Octavia and Jennifer nailed it, but I was waiting for the release date to be official before making a video. In the OP I listed the whole spiel about making 3 videos over the course of everything: (#1: game is announced so make a video talking about the contest, #2 make a video for people to "enter" and #3 announce the winners and show how we did it). Also this is for YOUTUBE and not limited to these forums. I just really like this community and wanted some input because everyone here loves AC so much. I got lots of great feedback, so I think it'll be really successful, hopefully!

I would love to enter into your contest!
I really look forward to seeing your weekly videos, and have shared them with other people on forums and social networking sites.
I know a lot of people wouldn't have gone through the hassle that you guys go through to upload gameplay footage, so doing what you guys do is really nice and selfless.

As far as the contest:
I think it's a great idea, and I know you guys have mentioned it in passing a few times that you wanted to do it.
I think all of your possible prizes are great, if anything too great.
I don't think I would change anything except for get rid of some of them (you don't want to beat the game for them! lol)
Also, I agree that instead from one month of release, you make it from the announcement of this contest since people are probably mass making accounts right now!

Thank you both and I'm crossing my fingers that I win!

Love the idea of having a contest and I definitely plan on participating :)
I just thought of an idea for another reward that you guys could have, and that is the option for the winners to get a new haircut or colored contacts. Not sure if anyone else would like that sort of thing or if that would even be possible in multiplayer, but I know that it would be something of interest for me at the very least. Then again, I don't know how you go about getting the salon (whether you have to spend so many bells or wait so many days) so the idea might not be a very good one if you can get it pretty quickly on your own.

Love the idea of having a contest and I definitely plan on participating :)
I just thought of an idea for another reward that you guys could have, and that is the option for the winners to get a new haircut or colored contacts. Not sure if anyone else would like that sort of thing or if that would even be possible in multiplayer, but I know that it would be something of interest for me at the very least. Then again, I don't know how you go about getting the salon (whether you have to spend so many bells or wait so many days) so the idea might not be a very good one if you can get it pretty quickly on your own.
They could get a haircut in my town for sure, but color contacts can only be done in your own town. That is actually a really great idea, and I will probably implement that--or at least the option for those that want to do it, to have it there. Thank you so much for your input :)

I am thinking now that it'll be something like this: 250,000 bells to each winner, 1 Marine (diving) suit of their choice--will have a few colors to choose from, 3 items that they could purchase from our catalog (things like gracie grace items, nintendo themed items, DLC, music boxes etc could also be done), and them getting a short video of whatever they want to do (probably would be in our town because theirs would just be starting--and like Dustbunnii said they could get their hair cut etc as well). Am taking out silver tools because people will probably want to do that for themselves.

Am really looking forward to it. Currently trying to get 4 of each diving suit colors, currently have the red/white striped, yellow/black and green/black but will get them all before the contest is finished hopefully :) They appear randomly so it is tricky, but checking everyday is easy enough.

Are there anymore diving suits other than four?
I could have sworn I saw a one-piece bathing suit in one of the gameplay previews by Nintendo.
Maybe I'm just going crazy...

There are more than four, yes. 9 total to be exact!

1. Basic green with orange accents. This is the rental suit, so you can't buy it with medals but technically it belongs here.
2. Black with yellow. This is one of the more common ones.
3. All pink. Fairly rare.
4. Green with black. About on par with #2, you see it from time to time, maybe slightly rarer.
5. Red/white striped. This is pretty rare, but I managed to get lucky and have a bunch saved up for the contest already. Only one with stripes.
6. All blue. This one is fairly rare too.
7. Black with white. fairly rare.
8. Orange with black. somewhat rare.
9. Red with black. fairly rare.

So there are 8 that you can get, but 9 total because of the rental one available on the island.
Also the assessments of rarity is just from my own perspective. Although it is safe to say that #2 is the most common, and at least in my file #3 is as well. For the majority of the others though they can only be gotten on Club Tortimer so they are pretty rare.

Last edited:
Oh I'm definitely looking forward to your live stream! I love your videos and I think it's lovely that you're giving back to the fans with this contest. Unfortunately I'll be at work during the live stream so I'll have to catch the recording, so here's an early "Great job guys!" from me. :)

Back