• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Linandko's videos, contest idea

When will the contest be open to enter and how long for? Do we post comments on one particulay video or elsewhere?
questions questions questions... :p

Edit: aha lol my questions have just been answerd, soz

Last edited:
im not on youtube, so. :(

Is there any other way to enter?

im not on youtube, so. :(

Is there any other way to enter?

We started on youtube and our entire fanbase is there so the contest would be to honor those that stuck by us--so yes, it would be available only to those on Youtube. Like I mentioned on my first post, the way to enter would be by posting on an "entry" video, and the only way to do that is to have a youtube account.

I really look forward to the contest, if anything, for the chance to play with the two of you!
I would probably end up sharing the gifts with my friends and family, since I wouldn't want to cheat through the beginning of the game. Either way, I'm exciting for the next video update!

Now that the game officially has some release dates (June 9th and 14th) we are going to work on getting the contest videos done this week! So everyone that wants to register please check out our channel (linandko) in the next few weeks :) Entries will probably close around June 1st or so, so there is a lot of time still left :) Might have to make it a few more bells as we still have 3 months to save up :D

Now that the game officially has some release dates (June 9th and 14th) we are going to work on getting the contest videos done this week! So everyone that wants to register please check out our channel (linandko) in the next few weeks :) Entries will probably close around June 1st or so, so there is a lot of time still left :) Might have to make it a few more bells as we still have 3 months to save up :D

But if it closes June the 1st, then how will we enter or get the prize if it hasn't been released in our country yet?:(

You don't need the game to enter, Lin said all you need to do is comment 'us' or 'eu' on the video and it counts as an entry; then when the game gets released she'll run the draw or w/e and announce the winners

Good luck to everyone who enters!

I really like this sort of contest. Hope to see some more things like this from the rest of the community when the game is out.

How wonderful that you are doing this contest! :D I'm watching your videos all the time and I'm so grateful you make them! It makes it easier to wait for the actual game. :) I will definately enter! Thanks!

But if it closes June the 1st, then how will we enter or get the prize if it hasn't been released in our country yet?:(

The whole point is that we would have to close the contest a week or two before the game comes out so we could pick winners and get in contact with them--make sure they are getting the game, ask them what they want for their prizes (we have many rare items, rare marine suit colors etc) and if I waited until the last minute it would be a nightmare for them and us. We need to be able to work out a time for them to be able to tape us playing in their game, maybe get them on skype so we could record together etc. I think the importance of planning may be something a lot of you don't realize yet, the beauty of youth I guess :)

I've been watching all of your videos from the very beginning, but I don't have a YouTube account... Guess who's making one!

First I'd just like to thank you for the videos. I've been watching them using the Wii Youtube app these last couple weeks. You have a very nice voice and I quite enjoy Kohei's antics. You two make an awesome team/couple and I just love watching the videos of you two exploring Japan.

Anyway, can't wait for the contest.

The whole point is that we would have to close the contest a week or two before the game comes out so we could pick winners and get in contact with them--make sure they are getting the game, ask them what they want for their prizes (we have many rare items, rare marine suit colors etc) and if I waited until the last minute it would be a nightmare for them and us. We need to be able to work out a time for them to be able to tape us playing in their game, maybe get them on skype so we could record together etc. I think the importance of planning may be something a lot of you don't realize yet, the beauty of youth I guess :)

Ahhh it makes much more sense now!! Thanks for explaining :) and I will definitley be joining in!!

I found a typo on your website Lindsey, and I figured I'd let you know. I'm not sure how easy it is for you to fix but it's in your Q&A:

Q) Does this game feature grass wear (animal tracks)?

A) Yes it does. However it is much slower than it was in City Folk (Wii). If *you* are the type that does not run often, you will barely notice any grass wear in your town. Growing flowers also helps to mask the lack of grass.

If I find anymore, I'll let you know. I'm not sure what is the best way to contact so here you go.

EDIT: Made my own typo XD

Last edited:
I found one other:

Q) What is the Island? How do I get there? And can I play by myself on there?

A) The Island is accessible from the dock on your beach. It costs 1000 bells to go, and you get there by riding on Kapp'n's boat. The Island is always summer, so you are able to fish and catch summer-specific bugs and fish. When you arrive there, you pockets will automatically be emptied for you, therefore it is necessary to rent out equipment from the Gyroid near the enterence of the Island. The Island also hosts minigames, ranging from one star (easy) to three stars (difficult) in terms of difficulty. You can play with friends or by yourself. If you perform well in the minigame, you will be rewarded with medals. You can only exchange these medals for goods in the island suvonior *souvenir* shop.

Q) Can I dive on my own beach?

A) Yes, once you have purchased the Marine suit (diving suit) from the Islands' suvoirnir *souvenir* shop for 40 medals, you can dive on the Island or off your own beach.

I believe one just notates on the YouTube video their region to enter the contest.

I think it would be nice to see one's own town featured in a video.

Back