• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Long-Distance Relationship/Breakup Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable that you will have worse days. Not every day is going to be better than the last. It will be an emotional rollercoaster. But please don't give up hope. There will be better days yet to come.

If you are thinking of doing anything drastic, please talk to a counselor or therapist first. You are worth more than just your relationship. You have value, with or without him. I know it may be hard to believe that, but it's true.

This thread has progressed beyond the original purpose of a discussion thread about break-up advice to becoming more of a mental health blog, so it is now at the point where we feel it is best to close it. You are still free to post updates in our What's Bothering You? and Place Your Random Thoughts threads if you wish to continue sharing your thoughts here on TBT. Or if you wish to start on a blog on another platform, such as WordPress, you are welcome to link this in your signature.

It is great to see that you have sought professional help with your mental health from your psychiatrist and school counsellor. People in these professions are much better equipped to provide you with advice than members of our forum. While it is great to see everyone enthusiastic about helping and supporting you it is important to remember that there are very few mental healthcare professionals (if any) on TBT and their advice, while given with good intentions, may not always be the safest or what is best for you. It can also be harmful or triggering for other members of the forum to view this content, which is another reason why we feel it's best to close this thread here.

If you ever need urgent help or feel unsafe, including situations where you feel you may harm yourself or others, and you are not sure who to speak to then please reach out to our team. @Mairmalade and myself have undergone relevant training—Mar through her workplace and myself through a charity—and are able to provide you with support in this capacity. If you can provide us with your country, your preferred method of contact (email, phone call, text, live online chat, etc), and a general idea of what you are struggling with we can very quickly put you in touch with the right people to get you immediate help. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you feel you need support. No concern is too small and we want to see you safe. That goes for anyone reading this; not only the OP.

I hope things start getting easier for you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back