• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Maple Syrup? Yay or Nay?

Do you like maple syrup?

• Yes, I like it.

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • Meh, it's alright.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Heck no, I don't like maple syrup.

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
I really like it, which I'm sure will surprise no one. A lot of people say it's too sweet but I never have that problem.

I like it but I only use it on french toast, waffles or pancakes so I don't have it often. I've only had the typical US brands so I don't know what real Canadian maple syrup tastes like, but I bet it's delicious.

The only time I use maple syrup is with pancakes and I seldom eat pancakes as it is and maple syrup is just so pricey in my country :oops: I like it but I only get it at cafe or dessert shops once in a while (I don't have a sweeth tooth and seldom eat dessert) :LOL: I don't have an obsession over it, it's alright :)

I enjoy maple syrup whenever I have it, which is usually whenever I'm eating pancakes or waffles.

I like maple syrup. I'm not obessed with it, but I do like it! I like to use it on pancakes, waffles, french toast, and fried chicken LOL ( fried chicken & waffles dish :p ).
Oh, I also like to add maple syrup into things like if I am making chia seed pudding, I use 1-2 tablespoons to sweeten it since I use unsweetened almond milk. How did your cat like the maple syrup flavored medicine?

I use it to make my roomies breakfast foods. They are usually in a hurry to work so I just tend to make quick simple stuff. Pancakes and waffles along with texas toast get doused on by them. Mine I usually just put a tiny bit off to the side and dip piece in. So I voted in the middle !

Edit @Lattecakes how do you make chai seed pudding? That sounds heavenly!

I rarely have it but I like it!
I miss going to the sugar shack. It was a yearly school trip when I was a kid and the food there was so good. I moved and we don’t have those here anymore

When I was younger I thought it was gross so up until somewhat recently I didn't like it. A couple months ago I went out with my friends to a chicken and waffle place where each person got their own maple syrup and my friends poured it on their waffles, I did the same since I wanted to eat "the right way" and realized it wasn't that bad! Now when I make my waffles I usually put butter and maple syrup <:

i’m canadian so i legally have to like it but i mean, it’s alright? i’ve honestly gotten into the habit of eating my pancakes/waffles with nothing but butter on them so i can definitely do without it aha - but sometimes, pancakes drenched in maple syrup hits different ;;

there's all kinds of syrup sold in our stores ;~; I can't say no. Can't have my waffles without syrup
there's pineapple syrup, guava syrup, lilikoi syrup. Our breakfast diners are great >< 💛

Eating something with your own homemade maple syrup is the best tbh. I'll miss that when I move in another province. Yes, maple syrup on the snow is the best <3 and I put maple syrup on anything at breakfast, from my eggs to my beans and my toasts.

I like maple syrup. I'm not obessed with it, but I do like it! I like to use it on pancakes, waffles, french toast, and fried chicken LOL ( fried chicken & waffles dish :p ).
Oh, I also like to add maple syrup into things like if I am making chia seed pudding, I use 1-2 tablespoons to sweeten it since I use unsweetened almond milk. How did your cat like the maple syrup flavored medicine?
My cat Lydia was not a fan of the medicine but she hates all meds.

I'd like to point out these meds came from a veterinarian and was not crap from a pet food store lol.

People usually buy fake maple syrup which is just high fructose corn syrup. I'm not sure I actually ever had real maple syrup. That being said, I'm not a huge fan. I can only put a little bit on my waffles.

Eating something with your own homemade maple syrup is the best tbh. I'll miss that when I move in another province. Yes, maple syrup on the snow is the best <3 and I put maple syrup on anything at breakfast, from my eggs to my beans and my toasts.
Thank you for knowing about putting maple syrup on snow, I didn't want to be the only one!

I've never even tried maple syrup before orz, don't think its as big here in the UK. Will have to get some tomorrow when I go shopping, what does it usually go best with? Waffles or pancakes? (actually maybe that'll start a whole different war <.<)

I've never even tried maple syrup before orz, don't think its as big here in the UK. Will have to get some tomorrow when I go shopping, what does it usually go best with? Waffles or pancakes? (actually maybe that'll start a whole different war <.<)
I prefer waffles! Pancakes go soggy with syrup faster but some people like that.

Back