• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Help with what.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, can 2 people on the same console play in a tournament together? I might drag in a friend to today's tournament.

Help with what.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, can 2 people on the same console play in a tournament together? I might drag in a friend to today's tournament.

Yes, it is possible. Even if I didn't play split-screen firsthand, I would assume that's the case seeing how one of the options says "Online - Two Players."

I'm ready!

- - - Post Merge - - -

A couple of us playing in the TBT tournament if anyone wants to join!

Battle mode sucks. It is impossible to u-turn and you can be chained into a cheap triple shell combo.

did they mess up the battle mode

Yup.
There's no battle courses so you're subjected to battle on race courses like Moo Moo Meadows and Mario Circuit.
And as Cory mentioned above U-turns are no good & it's easy to get trapped and whammed with 3 green shells.

Battle mode sucks. It is impossible to u-turn and you can be chained into a cheap triple shell combo.

I do this thing where you press the gas and brake to turn quickly, and let go of the break. Also, I only play with CPU's because they give me enough challenge as it is.

The battle mode is actually quite good in my opinion.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who the mii 2HOT4U is on here. She was racing with us today, and she was pretty good.
i'd tell you but she's 2hot4u
(that means i don't know)

Question: How do I get the gamepad screen back to normal? I like being able to play by my desk with the Wii U on the other side of the room, but I'd like to know how to revert it.

Back