• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Battle mode sucks. It is impossible to u-turn and you can be chained into a cheap triple shell combo.

I'm loving Battle Mode! But only when there are a lot of people, otherwise it's lame.

Last edited:
Battle mode sucks. It is impossible to u-turn and you can be chained into a cheap triple shell combo.

You just hold down A and B at the same time and you quick turn... Other than that you can turn onto grass or sand on various tracks to dodge, uick turn and shoot OR you camp out and shoot as people go past. IMO battle mode is awesome.

Well, damn. I just finished getting 3 star ranks in every grand prix (50cc~mirror) only to find out that star ratings aren't shown in online matches. I just wasted a huge chunk of time going through that hell.

Last edited:
Well, damn. I just finished getting 3 star ranks in every grand prix (50cc~mirror) only to find out that star ratings aren't shown in online matches. I just wasted a huge chunk of time going through that hell.

I know that feel, I thought I'd atleast get a stamp or something but nope.

I'm hoping that you actually do get a 3 star sign online for doing this, but the reason we haven't got it is because there will be DLC cups so therefore we haven't yet gotten the rank in all cups yet. :p

Not that I believe it'll actually happen. More likely they rushed finalisation of the game and forgot to add it. But a boy can hope.

edit: Also if the game was rushed for the deadline as most signs seem to point (read: battle mode tracks) then clearly they don't have time to go making more tracks.

Last edited:
A few of us are going to play in the TBT Grand Prix room if anyone wants to join!

Anyone up for a race? I'm in 150cc weekly tournament. :)

nvm: switched to global battle.

Last edited:
If anyone havent used thier Download Code for mk8 I'm trading 7 Giratinas, 7 Zygardes, cresselia and Charizardite Y for Wii U unusedWindwaker hd download code/ unused mk8 club nintendo register code

What do you guys think of having a TBT Battle Tournament? I started getting into Battle Mode and it's pretty fun!

I'd be up for it, since for whatever reason battle mode makes me burst into laughter when I hit someone while in reverse.

Back