• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Agreed. That shortcut is rather...difficult, because I find myself in the frosting when I take the turn wide.

Might do SSC or another track instead of TH.
I have that happen to me as well. When I race online I take it sometimes because I just want to cut from other players but fear i'll fail at the shortcut and be in the lower places, but sometimes I take my chance to do it anyways. I have a feeling that doughnut shortcut is based on your luck if you successfully make it. But on TT's you seriously have to hope you won't fail on all laps.

Oh yay! I beat all the Staff Ghosts! Now I got the Gold Tires. Now how do I unlock the other gold parts?

Oh yay! I beat all the Staff Ghosts! Now I got the Gold Tires. Now how do I unlock the other gold parts?

You have to get atleast a 1 star rank in every grand prix cup in every class - including the mirror cup. As for the gliders, you have to collect 10,000 coins. :)

Last edited:
For that donut shortcut, the way to do it is use the mushroom at a straight angle, then hold drift tightly as soon as you pass it, then carefully sliding back into position.

For that donut shortcut, the way to do it is use the mushroom at a straight angle, then hold drift tightly as soon as you pass it, then carefully sliding back into position.

I would do it slightly wide then holding it really tight. Done optimally and you can hit the left most arrow.

Anyway, I hit 3000 VR today. I casually play, I don't have sessions where I grind out my VR for hours.

When I want to upload a highlight reel I did on Mario Kart 8, do I really have to have a Google account and a Youtube account to upload it?

Recorded a test of this silly Bowser build. It went better than expected.
I have a few other test builds on my channel, but it's kinda boring to watch. I just thought it was funny that this build worked out so well.

Last edited:
Just got all 90 stamps. I have 3 stars in every grand prix. I've obtained every car piece and character. And I've completed all the time trials. All there is left to do now is to play online I suppose.

Last edited:
Just got all 90 stamps. I have 3 stars in every grand prix. I've obtained every car piece and character. And I've completed all the time trials. All there is left to do now is to play online I suppose.
I haven't even unlock everything yet and i'm playing online right now!

I just tried a VS race and for fun, I put the mode to Bob-ombs only. In 1 race, I got coins and no other items at all. I think Nintendo needs a dictionary, because that's not the meaning of the word "ONLY"!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got all 90 stamps a while ago, but I still need the Golden Glider.

If you still need the glider, play online VS races. That's the fastest way to accumulate coins.

I'm almost done achieving three stars in all the races. I'm half-way done with the 150cc races. Can't wait to start playing online. <3

I'm almost done achieving three stars in all the races. I'm half-way done with the 150cc races. Can't wait to start playing online. <3
I've actually found that playing online is a lot easier than getting thee stars in 150cc. I don't know if it's me or if people that race online just kinda suck.

No offense.

I've actually found that playing online is a lot easier than getting thee stars in 150cc. I don't know if it's me or if people that race online just kinda suck.

No offense.

None taken. I noticed that in Mario Kart 7 as well. I shall have to find out for myself this time around. ovo

No offense.

I think both are really easy in this game.

Back