• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

why did they have to add all the dlc pictures everywhere
it's freaking annoying, it makes everything look cluttered, the start menu, roster, and race track
BUY OUR DLC
PLEASE ITS REALLY GOOD WE PROMISE

What other kind of DLC would you guys like to see? I know that there might be no DLC after this, but we can dream.
Personally I'd love a Kirby pack that added Kirby and King Dedede. It's especially painful to not see Kirby in MK8 after that Rosalina reveal video for Super Smash Bros 4, which started off with Kirby crashing on Rainbow Road. **** you, Sakurai.
Apart from that, I'd love to see Samus in a kart. She'd look ridiculous, and I'd love to see it.

All I want is Funky Kong and maybe Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. back, their awesome.

I'm sure Nintendo will show trailers of those DLC packs, they gotta (I hope).

I want Birdo and King Boo to return. (And maybe Petey Prianha!) I'd also love a pikmin themed track and Gracie Graces car from AC:GC.

But I feel it's more likely ~especially with smash bros direction~ that we'll get a retro games pack with sonic, pacman and megaman or something.

I had one of the most chaotic races on Rainbow Road today.
I was in third and got a Crazy 8. Used it and was still in third. The next item box was ANOTHER Crazy 8. Now I thought the game was glitching out. (It was a full room of 12 people). I think I got up to second after that. Next item: A BULLET BILL! IN SECOND PLACE!!! So I used it, and instead of going forward, it immediately turned right off the edge, then went downwards counting as me driving off the stage. O_O I wanted to save it, but I forgot. Oops. If you wanted to know, I ended up in second, first place went to a friend.

Can we stop calling him BJ

reminds me of a certain other abbreviation
Bieber, Justin? YOURE OBSESSED

I wonder when we'll see the first real person in a Mario Kart game, a la Danica Patrick in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Miyamoto for Mario Kart.

The one problem I have with the DLC is that it'll take up more than 2GB of memory. I have a deluxe Wii U and it's already almost out of memory, and it definitely will be after this DLC comes out. I know you can buy USBs and get more memory, but 32GB isn't much to start out with if they're making DLC this big!

The one problem I have with the DLC is that it'll take up more than 2GB of memory. I have a deluxe Wii U and it's already almost out of memory, and it definitely will be after this DLC comes out. I know you can buy USBs and get more memory, but 32GB isn't much to start out with if they're making DLC this big!
It wasn't that big to begin with if you planned on going mostly digital only. You're better off buying a cheaper external hard drive and then saving some games to to that.

Back