• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Anyone playing because right now it's me and some guy

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh hi jingle

I'm experimenting with inward bikes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think we can all agree I'm terrible with inward drift

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SHY GUYS

- - - Post Merge - - -

THIS GAME IS HEAVILY LUCKBASED SCREW THIS I'M PLAYING MARIO PARTY

Anyone playing because right now it's me and some guy

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh hi jingle

I'm experimenting with inward bikes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think we can all agree I'm terrible with inward drift

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SHY GUYS

- - - Post Merge - - -

THIS GAME IS HEAVILY LUCKBASED SCREW THIS I'M PLAYING MARIO PARTY

That escalated quickly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOL, this video makes me want to play as Dry Bowser more. :p

Now I want to see Dry Bowser on a Unicycle.

BUY OUR DLC
PLEASE ITS REALLY GOOD WE PROMISE

What other kind of DLC would you guys like to see? I know that there might be no DLC after this, but we can dream.
Personally I'd love a Kirby pack that added Kirby and King Dedede. It's especially painful to not see Kirby in MK8 after that Rosalina reveal video for Super Smash Bros 4, which started off with Kirby crashing on Rainbow Road. **** you, Sakurai.
Apart from that, I'd love to see Samus in a kart. She'd look ridiculous, and I'd love to see it.

Luma, Astro/Captain Toad, and another ACNL character. Then I'm good :)

Let that be the main female villager we first saw when we first heard of AC:NL.

I'm hoping that like the Yoshis and Shy Guys there will be 8 villagers to pick from.

Also, if ever they added more DLC they could put in Bowser Jr and then have the Koopalings as his alt colours too - like in SSB, and that will free up another 6 character slots on the selection (assuming no more spaces get added) And then Birdo / Diddy / Boo / Dry Bones and 2 characters from other games could be added.

I just have to wonder why they didn't have different colored Toads as the DLC bonus instead of Shy Guys. Shy Guys are rarely a color other than red, but Toads are always different colors! Green Toad DLC later maybe?

I just have to wonder why they didn't have different colored Toads as the DLC bonus instead of Shy Guys. Shy Guys are rarely a color other than red, but Toads are always different colors! Green Toad DLC later maybe?

I can agree with you there. The species of Shy Guy isn't usually a color other than red, unlike Toad which are lots of different colors. It would have made sense to replace the different colors of Shy Guy with colors for Toad, or at least include Toad in the bonus DLC. I would like to see different Toad colors in other upcoming DLC packs, assuming Nintendo wants to keep making them. If not, I guess we won't be seeing any new colors for Toad.

Toad fully deserves different colors, and different costumes (astrotoad and captain toad, I'm talking).

MARIO KART MONDAY
6 HOURS
BE THERE OR BE KIND OF SQUARE
How do you be kind of square?

I'm also rethinking my opinion of the preordering of the DLC now. Now I'm starting to actually wanna get it myself. Well, there's gift cards.

(Also, last night, I was Skypeing, and someone told me that they had "accidentally" bought the packs seperately. Suffice it to say that there was rage, sympathy, and all-caps bundled into about 10 minutes lol.)

D: My dad was working on the half above ground/half below ground basements ceiling
No i dont need a basement, we dont have tornadoes
we just have a weird floor

I really want this game with everything that I am. One day I will own a WiiU and have that game before it becomes 'old'.
What's even better is there is a Gameworks in town that has a Esports room where you can play everything inside (PC, Xbox One, WiiU, etc.) for like 5 bucks an hour. I'm so happy I'm going back asap.

Back