• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I'm really hoping for a DLC pack with E. Gadd, King Boo, and a Greenie! And a poltergust kart option would be really cool as well. :3

Just bought it two days ago, didn't had much time to play it yet since I've been working a lot of hours lately.

Finished the mushroom cup and another one and I do start to realise that even the 50CC isn't as easy as Mario Kart 7.
I completed all the cups on Mario Kart 7 on my 2DS and I did find it way easier. It might be lack of experience with this controller.

Well if someone wants to add me so we can play, just send me a PM

The DLC packs look nice. I'm thinking about getting them. And yeah, they should consider making more DLC packs like this, but with more character variety. I mean tanooki mario and kitty peach look nice, but they're technically still the same characters.

I bought Mario Kart 8 on release date! It was actually what tipped the scales for me getting a WiiU (as I got the bundle offered with it).

I've been really enjoying it, even these many months later. Occasionally I do livestreams of it, or record for LP purposes, but otherwise I just play for fun. I'm not really a super-competitive racer or anything.

I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming DLCs, which I already pre-purchased (seriously, it's a great deal for both packs!). It's going to be fun to play Link, but moreso, I'm looking forward to driving with Isabelle! They really came out of left field with that DLC, but I'm excited for it! Sometimes surprises can be nice. : )

Just had the chance to try it out via rental, love it! :) Hope to buy it when I can. Like to race as Bowser the most, followed by Koopa and Yoshi.

Mario Kart Monday in about two hours!

Here is the tourney code: 8842-2839-4305

Hmm, since there's DLC coming out soon it feels like there's no point for me to play MK8 anymore. Until DLC 1 comes, then when DLC 2 comes out. The wait for Villager hype is no more!!! :D

Last edited:
I just pre-purchased the two DLC packs today, as well as downloading the free Merchedes DLC. I haven't played Mario Kart 8 since June or July, so it will be great to pick up this game now again with some new content.

Just as long as the first DLC pack is still around come Christmastime, I'll be quite happy ;)
I imagine it would, since DLC pack 2 isn't coming out until spring. Link + cat cruiser = happy violetneko

Just as long as the first DLC pack is still around come Christmastime, I'll be quite happy ;)
I imagine it would, since DLC pack 2 isn't coming out until spring. Link + cat cruiser = happy violetneko

Wasn't it confirmed that the Zelda pack would come in November?

I'm considering streaming Mario Kart 8 tonight or tomorrow night on twitch (depends on my work schedule). It's something I used to do pretty regularly, but I've been a bit busy as of late. I may have the time one of these nights, though, so I'm considering it.

Would anyone here want the link if/when I stream?

I haven't touched Mario Kart 8 since August.
I love the game, I'm just waiting for the DLC to come out so I can throw Blue Shells as Link...and eventually the Villager.

Last edited:
One says November 2014 and the other May 2015. And I'm sure someone can correct me on the November one but I swear I saw 14th or 21st? Maybe it's in the actual MK8 game when you press Store.

I'm combing the articles I read trying to find it but it might have been wrong if I can't find it immediately. But both the dates I mentioned are Fridays and the Mercedes stuff came out on a Saturday. Close days, no idea if any coloration but the whole month of November I'll be on pins and needles for it. I'm too anxious to find out what's inside the locked GPXs

I'm combing the articles I read trying to find it but it might have been wrong if I can't find it immediately. But both the dates I mentioned are Fridays and the Mercedes stuff came out on a Saturday. Close days, no idea if any coloration but the whole month of November I'll be on pins and needles for it. I'm too anxious to find out what's inside the locked GPXs

Couple that with ORAS AND SMASH U LIKE HOLY CRAP

At this point I seriously think they might just do it for the sake of the insanity it will cause

October is out of control. I got MK8, ORAS, Smash U, Bayonetta, and like too many eShop things this coming month and week. Hyrule Warriors basically fits inside this bubble.

Back