• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Moments that made you stop playing/watching something?

I usually endure till the end no mater how bad it is. (why am I dong that?)

I will agree with Death Note, I read the manga first and the 6 first volumes where good and then I lost interest.

If the pet dies I might be upset enough not to watch the end.

Ah crying, I stopped watching a drama once because the girl cried too much, plus that same actress cried a lot in another drama and I couldn't bear to watch her cry again for several episodes. Nope. I'm the kind of person to fast forward crying scenes, I'm heartless like that ;).

Also recaps, you know when you watch an anime and 75% of it is recaps of the previous episodes. I stopped watching Naruto because of that.

In the same idea, flashbacks, they built the tension on several episodes for "that battle" and you are on the edge of your seat waiting for that moment, at last! And then, flashback! 3 episodes on their childhood that explains how they got there and when you come back to the main story and that battle, that you almost forgot, flashback! Again! With the other character memories ....Noooooo....

Musicals. I'm so sorry for the Musical fans. Each time they start singing I'm like "not again?" when it's the point of musicals. 😭
I still enjoyed some of them.

When there is a lot of blabla I don't get and can't concentrated on the story.

It takes a lot to get me to stop watching/playing something as I'm tolerant of a lot of things that include violence, gore, sex and other things I won't get into detail about, mostly thanks to my having a dark sense of humor and somewhat bleak look on life in general. For example, South Park? I find literally all their jokes pretty ****ing hilarious lol one of the best shows out there.

But what really kills a game or TV show or movie/cartoon for me is the complete and utter butchering of characters you've grown to really like and know them on a deep level, and just flat out destroying the story. If a character or plot element has already been established or they have achieved personal growth and character development, why mess with it? Why try to change it? Or even worse, why reset characters to a more basic form and re-write them to be someone totally different, as if they have learned nothing from their previous adventures and experiences? Why hammer in some lame plot twist or turning point that in the end adds nothing? Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2 are examples of "just don't watch at all period" because wow how Pixar treated their characters 😬

As for games, if it doesn't interest me enough I won't get it. If a movie or show starts boring me, I just stop watching it.

err was watching breaking bad which is a very heavy series obviously but like the blood and gore didn't really bother me it was when (spoilers)
jane died. im not going into detail bc it's horrible but if you know you know
I couldn't even look but just hearing it was enough to nope me out of watching it and i haven't watched it since then bc every time i think of breaking bad im reminded of that scene

I've stopped playing games because they were full of glitches or long loading times. I really wanted to like Subnautica, but the game loaded so slow. Just loading into a save file could take a minute or more and once you started building bases it could take anywhere from five minutes or more.

The world also struggled to render as I was moving through it. So sometimes I passed by stuff that didn't load, cropped through and got trapped in landscape, or ended up drowning while I waited for it to fully render. It made what really seemed like it could be a fun game not as enjoyable as it could be. Which is what I'm worried Pokemon SV could be. It could be fun to try it, but I just don't want to have a game as bug-ridden as Subnautica was.

YouTubers— Annoying voices, pretentious attitudes, family exploitation, excessive complaining, ASMR/mukbang content, and/or constantly making fun of people’s appearances.

TV or movies— Can’t do horror or violent action. Sorry! Just not for me.

Video games— It takes a lot for me to give up on games, as I rarely do, but I hate Minecraft’s graphics as they give me a headache.

Thats the neat thing, i don't have a drop rule at all like no matter how bad **** gets i pretty much just keep watching till it stops lol.

I started Naruto as a teenager. I enjoyed the character Haku (he will be in my future island!) and he dies one book later. I cried and cried. I watched videos of his death just to cry again (I'm weird I know). I loved this character. He was so cute, so sweet, so kind, so... and handsome as the teenager I was. I never continued Naruto. I think I'll start again if I find someone to watch with. But Haku. No, I just can't.

Oh I stopped watching the walking dead after they eat a human leg... It was also getting boring so I dropped the whole show after this scene.

There's been a lot of streamers I watch where I found out something deceitful they did so I stopped following them afterwards.

Youtube drama stuff, I believe some of these 'drama youtubers' are just milking the situation for a buck. But I get it, we all need to pay our bills or whatever.
I can't believe I use to listen to this filth; they're polar opposite of those tabloid magazines most consume.
I must have been bored.

YouTubers— Annoying voices, pretentious attitudes, family exploitation, excessive complaining, ASMR/mukbang content, and/or constantly making fun of people’s appearances.

TV or movies— Can’t do horror or violent action. Sorry! Just not for me.

Video games— It takes a lot for me to give up on games, as I rarely do, but I hate Minecraft’s graphics as they give me a headache.
I should also add to YouTubers…being an abuser and/or predator. I wish I didn’t have to say that, but it’s way too common these days.

I really enjoyed Fire Emblem: Awakening, but the whole "I'm a thousand year old dragon that happens to look like a young girl!" thing was such a gross trope that I haven't been able to return to the series at all--plus the general deeply ingrained sexism. It bums me out because the gameplay was SO satisfying, but a romanceable character designed to look like a child is a hard NO from me.

Back