• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My best friend.

Megamannt125 said:
Ok now that we're done talking in past tense, let's talk in future tense now.
OMG YOU GUYS THEY RELEASED SOMETHING SO AMAZING AT E3 12! A NINTENDOSTATION720! IT WILL BE VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SO AMAZING, THEY WERE SHOWCASING THIS GAME CALLED SUPER SMASH BROS X, AND YOU CAN PLAY AS CLASSIC CHARACTERS LIKE MARIO AND ]Brawl is probably the most hardcore game for the wii, so pick something else like wii fit to bash.

Megamannt125 said:
OMG YOU GUYS THEY RELEASED SOMETHING SO AMAZING AT E3 12! A NINTENDOSTATION720! IT WILL BE VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SO AMAZING, THEY WERE SHOWCASING THIS GAME CALLED SUPER SMASH BROS X, AND YOU CAN PLAY AS CLASSIC CHARACTERS LIKE MARIO AND ]No CAPS >:[
Pl0x

And spam thread D:

john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
OMG YOU GUYS THEY RELEASED SOMETHING SO AMAZING AT E3 12! A NINTENDOSTATION720! IT WILL BE VIRTUAL REALITY AND THE GRAPHICS ARE SO AMAZING, THEY WERE SHOWCASING THIS GAME CALLED SUPER SMASH BROS X, AND YOU CAN PLAY AS CLASSIC CHARACTERS LIKE MARIO AND ]Brawl is probably the most hardcore game for the wii, so pick something else like wii fit to bash.
Huh? I'm not bashing anything. If I was bashing brawl i'd make it obvious.

Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
Meh, I don't care if you bash the wii and its casual appeal, just don't bash brawl because there are soooo many aspects that an unexperienced brawler just wouldn't understand. Brawl really is a hardcore game.

john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
Meh, I don't care if you bash the wii and its casual appeal, just don't bash brawl because there are soooo many aspects that an unexperienced brawler just wouldn't understand. Brawl really is a hardcore game.
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.
Let's give some reasons as to why Brawl is casual. For one every character can be unlocked in a day, this is obviously Nintendos attempt of trying to keep casuals playing, the trophies are easier to collect, just about every aspect has been toned down so it's not too hard for casual gamers, even the event matches, the only people I think that could make brawl "hardcore" is tourneyfags.

Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.
Let's give some reasons as to why Brawl is casual. For one every character can be unlocked in a day, this is obviously Nintendos attempt of trying to keep casuals playing, the trophies are easier to collect, just about every aspect has been toned down so it's not too hard for casual gamers, even the event matches, the only people I think that could make brawl "hardcore" is tourneyfags.
Brawl is still very hardcore, it just has tactics like wavedashing that have been taken out of it. And for "tourneyfags(AKA competitive brawlers)" it doesn't matter how fast you unlock the characters it's all about brawling other people....

and have you seen some of the trophies and unlockables on brawl? Some of them are almost impossible to ulcok without the use of the hammer thing(yes, it makes it easier for you to get the unlockables, thus making it not as "hardcore")

john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.
Brawl is still very hardcore, it just has tactics like wavedashing that have been taken out of it. And for "tourneyfags(AKA competitive brawlers)" it doesn't matter how fast you unlock the characters it's all about brawling other people....

and have you seen some of the trophies and unlockables on brawl? Some of them are almost impossible to ulcok without the use of the hammer thing(yes, it makes it easier for you to get the unlockables, thus making it not as "hardcore")
Those challenge things don't really make up for everything else, most of them only give you a stupid sticker anyways.

Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.

Those challenge things don't really make up for everything else, most of them only give you a stupid sticker anyways.
What was so great about the trophies?

john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.

You can spin them around and zoom in on them.

Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:

You can spin them around and zoom in on them.
ah, yes, truly amazing.....

and this has to do with the difference between melee being hard core and brawl not because.....

john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.

Having stupid hard unlockables/challenges =/= hardcore.

By that logic peggle is hardcore.

Furry Sparks said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
Melee is hardcore.
Brawl is not.

Having stupid hard unlockables/challenges =/= hardcore.

By that logic peggle is hardcore.
I wasn't saying that's what made it hardcore, mega just brought up how the trophies are easy to collect.

Yes, and let us look at how they make the game fair...
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
EXAMPLE NUMBER ONE!!!
345px-Finaldestination3.png

EXAMPLE NUMBER TWO!!!
558px-Finaldestination4.gif

EXAMPLE NUMBER THR-oh, no more crudely drawn images depicting "competitive player" "fairness". Oh well, practical proof it is...
800px-Tourneyfag_Post.jpg
</div>
Truly they know how to bring out the best in games.

Sonicdan369 said:
Yes, and let us look at how they make the game fair...
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
EXAMPLE NUMBER ONE!!!
345px-Finaldestination3.png

EXAMPLE NUMBER TWO!!!
558px-Finaldestination4.gif

EXAMPLE NUMBER THR-oh, no more crudely drawn images depicting "competitive player" "fairness". Oh well, practical proof it is...
800px-Tourneyfag_Post.jpg
</div>
Truly they know how to bring out the best in games.
there are tourneys with items in them....

but competitive brawlers just want to remove the luck aspect of the game.

I dunno about you, but if I was doing a tourney for like... money, and a random bomb just fell out of the sky in the middle of one of my attacks and I hit it causing me to fly off the stage and lose, I'd be pretty *censored.3.0*ing pissed.

Furry Sparks said:
I dunno about you, but if I was doing a tourney for like... money, and a random bomb just fell out of the sky in the middle of one of my attacks and I hit it causing me to fly off the stage and lose, I'd be pretty *censored.3.0*ing pissed.
exactly, that's why competitive brawlers don't like items.

@-C*- what do you consider to be a hardcore game?

john102 said:
Furry Sparks said:
exactly, that's why competitive brawlers don't like items.

@-C*- what do you consider to be a hardcore game?
Anything you consider casual.

Actually, scratch that. Painkiller is the most hard core game ever and you cannot prove me wrong.

Items can be annoying but... this IS super smash bros we're talking about, I honestly don't see why people try to make it compedetive when it's meant to be a crazy fighting game with random crap happening all the time.

Back