• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My best friend.

Megamannt125 said:
Items can be annoying but... this IS super smash bros we're talking about, I honestly don't see why people try to make it compedetive when it's meant to be a crazy fighting game with random crap happening all the time.
That's what nintendo wants you to think, and what half the competitive brawlers think, so, Brawl+ was created to implement less randomness into the game.

@-C*- wii sports is hardcore? o_O

painkiller seems pretty hardcore too, but does it have the strategical thinking that brawl requires? Do you need to learn all about the metagame of your character so that you may use it to your the fullest extent? Do you need to practice advanced techniques so that you may get a hand up on your opponent?

lastly do you have to learn the god awful smash talk like bairs, techs, dacus, ftilts etc?

john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:
Items can be annoying but... this IS super smash bros we're talking about, I honestly don't see why people try to make it compedetive when it's meant to be a crazy fighting game with random crap happening all the time.
That's what nintendo wants you to think, and what half the competitive brawlers think, so, Brawl+ was created to implement less randomness into the game.

painkiller seems pretty hardcore too, but does it have the strategical thinking that brawl requires? Do you need to learn all about the metagame of your character so that you may use it to your the fullest extent? Do you need to practice advanced techniques so that you may get a hand up on your opponent?

lastly do you have to learn the god awful smash talk like bairs, techs, dacus, ftilts etc?
I don't think any game where a person randomly mashing buttons can beat someone that has poured time and effort into becoming better is hardcore. :V

-C*- said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:

I don't think any game where a person randomly mashing buttons can beat someone that has poured time and effort into becoming better is hardcore. :V
Exactly, you can't beat someone justt randomly mashing buttons, there's technique involved, different matchups for different characters, and lets not forget about the stage choices and how the affect the game.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:

Exactly, you can't beat someone justt randomly mashing buttons, there's technique, different matchups for different characters, and lets not forget about the stage choices and how the affect the game.
No, actually, because the only setup that is remotely "hardcore" in Brawl is NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION, which in itself is still pretty *censored.2.0*ty.

Brawl is just a *censored.2.0*-tier fighting game. A *censored.2.0*-tier fighting game with bells and whistles, but that's it.

Let me translate that for you...

Exactly, I'm not admitting that what you said happens fairly often, there's different types of button mashing, characters are unbalanced, and stages affect gameplay because otherwise the game is a boring *censored.2.0*pile.

Brawl is a party game. That's about as hardcore as whacking a god damn pinata. Enjoy your casual 2D Party Game.

-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
Megamannt125 said:

Exactly, you can't beat someone justt randomly mashing buttons, there's technique, different matchups for different characters, and lets not forget about the stage choices and how the affect the game.
No, actually, because the only setup that is remotely "hardcore" in Brawl is NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION, which in itself is still pretty *censored.2.0*ty.

Brawl is just a *censored.2.0*-tier fighting game. A *censored.2.0*-tier fighting game with bells and whistles, but that's it.

Exactly, I'm not admitting that what you said happens fairly often, there's different types of button mashing, characters are unbalanced, and stages affect gameplay because otherwise the game is a boring *censored.2.0*pile.

Brawl is a party game. That's about as hardcore as whacking a god damn pinata. Enjoy your casual 2D Party Game.
Let me get you the definition of hardcore before we continue any further than this.

-adjective
1)hard-core[hahrd-kawr, -kohr]unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated

No fighting game that uses different characters with different attacks will ever be perfectly balanced. Every character will have different matchups against other characters thus making it unbalanced, but that's where the hardcore part comes in. A hardcore brawler will learn how to play with multiple characters,how their character matches up with other characters, what stage best gives them the advantage, and what strategy will be best for defeating their opponent.

Besides, what hardcore value does a FPS hold? All you are doing is shooting other people/aliens whatever, you don't need to know much more than course layout, and where to shoot when.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepBrawl+ was created to implement less randomness into the game.

Let me get you the definition of hardcore before we continue any further than this.

-adjective

No fighting game that uses different characters with different attacks will ever be perfectly balanced. Every character will have different matchups against other characters thus making it unbalanced, but that's where the hardcore part comes in. A hardcore brawler will learn how to play with multiple characters,how their character matches up with other characters, what stage best gives them the advantage, and what strategy will be best for defeating their opponent.

Besides, what hardcore value does a FPS hold? All you are doing is shooting other people/aliens whatever, you don't need to know much more than course layout, and where to shoot when.
Oh, you're talking about it in that sense.

In that case, the game is not hardcore, it's the neckbeard no-lifers that dedicate unreal amounts of time to a 2D party game.

-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepBrawl+

-adjective

In that case, the game is not hardcore, it's the neckbeard no-lifers that dedicate unreal amounts of time to a 2D party game.
and yet there are people who also spend hours on end to play a game where you shoot at people, die occasionally(or often) then repeat the process.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:

-adjective

and yet there are people who also spend hours on end to play a game where you shoot at people, die occasionally(or often) then repeat the process.
Total time spent playing the vidya this week: < 2 hours.

Nice try.

-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:

-adjective

Total time spent playing the vidya this week: < 2 hours.

Nice try.
Maybe you are one of those people who don't spen their life play FPS good for you, there are people who don't spend their life playing brawl either, like me, I haven't played brawl in about a month, I have more important things to do, like finish a summer project, go to the pool, etc etc, rather than playing a game.

Now tell me please, what do you think makes a hardcore game? Is it the replay value? Is it being able to trash talk someone while teabagging them in game? I'm interested to hear your definition of a hardcore game.

Here's a list:

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">There is no hardcore game. There is no casual game.</div>

Although, hey, since you're interested in bashing the FPS genre and community in general, my idea of hardcore certainly isn't a bunch of fat, neackbeard *censored.3.0*s that play a 2D party game solely for the sake of improving in an attempt to give their pitiful life meaning, when in reality it's just them smudging Cheeto dust all over their Wiimotes as they furiously mash buttons.

Also, Halo players =/= FPS gamers. Get your *censored.2.0* right.

-C*- said:
Here's a list:

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">There is no hardcore game. There is no casual game.</div>

Although, hey, since you're interested in bashing the FPS genre and community in general, my idea of hardcore certainly isn't a bunch of fat, neackbeard *censored.3.0*s that play a 2D party game solely for the sake of improving in an attempt to give their pitiful life meaning, when in reality it's just them smudging Cheeto dust all over their Wiimotes as they furiously mash buttons.

I'm not bashing hardcore gamers really, I was just trying to defend smash bros as being a hardcore game, if I said something that was considered bashing the FPS genre my apologies, there are many FPS games that I find fun and entertaining. Although since you believe there are no hardcore games and no casual games this debate was worthless. Also, don't be so stereotypical, many people who play professionally are not fat people smudging cheetoh dust into their wiimote/gamecube controller.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
Here's a list:

I'm not bashing hardcore gamers really, I was just trying to defend smash bros as being a hardcore game, if I said something that was considered bashing the FPS genre my apologies, there are many FPS games that I find fun and entertaining. Although since you believe there are no hardcore games and no casual games this debate was worthless. Also, don't be so stereotypical, many people who play professionally are not fat people smudging cheetoh dust into their wiimote/gamecube controller.
>stop being so stereotypical

Now tell me please, what do you think makes a hardcore game? Is it the replay value? Is it being able to trash talk someone while teabagging them in game? I'm interested to hear your definition of a hardcore game.

-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
Here's a list:

Ok, we're even, now explain to me why there are no hardcore/casual games when you were insisting that SSB was as hardcore as whacking a pinata.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
Here's a list:

Ok, we're even, now explain to me why there are no hardcore/casual games when you were insisting that SSB was as hardcore as whacking a pinata.
Because...

lol itrolu

-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
Here's a list:

Because...

lol itrolu
And this is where our debate ends, with you finally abandoning reason and resorting to jokes, how very mature of you.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">There is no hardcore game. There is no casual game.</div>

Because...

lol itrolu
And this is where our debate ends, with you finally abandoning reason and resorting to jokes, how very mature of you.
:V

Like I give two *censored.2.0*s what a whiny brat like you thinks of me.

-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">There is no hardcore game. There is no casual game.</div>Is it being able to trash talk someone while teabagging them in game?
Because...

lol itrolu

Ah yes, now we are throwing insults, what a shame, I thought you were above that, oh well.

john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
-C*- said:
john102 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">There is no hardcore game. There is no casual game.</div>Is it being able to trash talk someone while teabagging them in game?
Because...

lol itrolu

Ah yes, now we are throwing insults, what a shame, I thought you were above that, oh well.
>saying you thought I was above something after I've done it several times

hurr

Back