• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all police officers are these terrible, racist people.

Also, I don't believe in "respect your elders". The only people worthy of your respect are the ones who give it back to you. If an old woman came up to me and slapped me in the face for no reason, I'm not going to kiss her a*s and let it slide just because of her age. No, I wouldn't slap her or anybody back, but they definitely would not be respectable in my book.

Something being a tradition or part of a culture is irrelevant when it comes down to the morals behind that something.

Last edited:
if your heteromantic and asexual your not queer lol

Last edited:
Also, I don't believe in "respect your elders". The only people worthy of your respect are the ones who give it back to you. If an old woman came up to me and slapped me in the face for no reason, I'm not going to kiss her a*s and let it slide just because of her age. No, I wouldn't slap her or anybody back, but they definitely would not be respectable in my book.
Hell yeah.
In my experience, those who demand respect never deserve it.

Not all police officers are these terrible, racist people.

Nobody thinks 100% of cops are racist, it's just a noticeable pattern. You don't have to be racist to be a cop, but I feel a lot of cops become racist or have their racism reaffirmed when they're on the job because of a little thing called the class system, to which race is incidental. That's the biggest and most deep-seeded issue causing this "racist cop" phenomenon, although we can't solve it without also rethinking how we hire cops and/or how we train them without programming them to go after someone based on appearance.

Nobody thinks 100% of cops are racist, it's just a noticeable pattern. You don't have to be racist to be a cop, but I feel a lot of cops become racist or have their racism reaffirmed when they're on the job because of a little thing called the class system, to which race is incidental. That's the biggest and most deep-seeded issue causing this "racist cop" phenomenon, although we can't solve it without also rethinking how we hire cops and/or how we train them without programming them to go after someone based on appearance.

That is true. I do think its wrong for these cops to be using their power for violence against a certain race. I, personally, do not think people should be rioting in the streets and burning buildings down and ruining their city to get their point across, though. I think the people in Charleston hit it right on the mark. They came together as a city, people from all races, and supported each other. We shouldn't be fighting violence with violence. There's enough bad in this world as it is, and there's also good. Its just a shame you never here about it on the news.

^ Beyonce is queen that is why

Meanwhile Taylor Swift is not the innocent little sweetie everyone seems to think she is now, she's petty and selfish and I really don't like her and it's become a fad recently to love her no matter what and if you don't like her your reasoning must be because of all her exes and that makes you sexist

I don't like her because she's stingy enough to take her songs off of Apple and Spotify because Spotify is free streaming and and Apple allows new users three free months and she was upset her stuff wasn't being paid for... as if she needs any more money. Greedy *****.

i really have no idea why beyonce is such a big deal lmao
I think it's because people are suckers for the marketing team, who may or may not be geniuses
That, and she seems to know which part of her body can make people salivate

Pkmn Black and White were good games

I think it's because people are suckers for the marketing team, who may or may not be geniuses
That, and she seems to know which part of her body can make people salivate

big-sean-reading-tweets.jpg

Whenever I see/hear a bratty child, I always focus the annoyance on the parent for lack of good raising skills.

I never liked Cheerios. Not even as a kid.

That's right. I said it.

Last edited:
I don't use the actual TV, but I like watching some things on my iPad. I have stopped watching a lot of things too.
I don't like short shorts either, and I'm a teen girl. I also don't like skirts and dresses much.
I don't always use my phone, but sometimes I get bored so... However, the thing I mainly use it for is music. I can't live without music.
I do have social media sites, but I don't use them. They are only there because I need a way of communicating with friends from other countries and cities :)
As for the boyfriend thing, I agree with u. However, when I do actually go to college, I definitely would like one. But I'd be looking for a guy who's good enough to marry, not someone I'll only be with for a while

I never watch TV either. The only time I ever watch it is when The Walking Dead is on. :c

Why do people direct stuff like this purely at Tumblr? Yeah sure, sadly Tumblr has a bad reputation because a small minority/community are very hateful and toxic, but... At the same time, you will get communities like that on numerous other forums and online platforms. Politics and political beliefs are touchy issues for a lot of people, so it's hard to find places where people will just debate respectfully. I'm pretty sure I've seen people like it on this forum. So let's not limit this just to Tumblr, but perhaps to the whole world? Like that would be nice. :x

it should be the whole world. but tumblr needs it most. just political or social issue tumblr though. fan stuff is a ok in my books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back