• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm super conservative and would honestly love to live in a country where things like drinking alcohol and walking down the street wearing revealing clothing were illegal. I think that too much freedom is a bad thing, and in a lot of Western countries we have way too much freedom in my opinion.

Sounds like you would enjoy living in an Islamic country, they aren't allowed to drink alcohol and they must be covered up due to modesty laws. The down side is you have to convert to Islam and once you do apostasy is punishable by death.

I'm going to stay here, continue to be atheist without dying, drink whisky and wear skimpy clothing.

Have fun :D

1. I don't believe it is right to consume anima- AHOY IT'S THE PREACHY VEGETARIAN!!!
But seriously. I don't look down on or dislike people who eat meat but personally I find the fact that we cut up little animals and eat them to be sickening. Plus bacon is gross like tf do people love it so much for? ;P
2. I don't think that valuing appearance makes a person shallow. By this I do NOT mean that looks are important as the way you look and dress doesn't dictate how good you are as a person. However calling people who like fashion/makeup shallow or fake is very hypocritical especially when so many of the people who bash are allegedly "Pro acceptance"
3. Fat acceptance shouldn't be a thing. Healthy acceptance should be. Once again being large doesn't dictate your personality etc etc but we should NOT be glorifying an unhealthy lifestyle when the world is in the grips of an obesity epidemic. It's absolutely fine to be on the curvier side- you are just as beautiful and never let people tell you otherwise- as long as you are HEATHY
4. Related to the last post, stop with the pro ana ****. Be pro healthy. Being underweight should not be a goal! This is coming from a person who has been battling an ED for the past 3 years nearly
5. Ocarina of time- as much as I adore it and have major nostalgia and love for it- is outdated *gets lynched*
6. Light Yagami should have defeated Near and become god on earth
7. Series 6 onward of Doctor Who sucked ass

don't kill me

Sounds like you would enjoy living in an Islamic country, they aren't allowed to drink alcohol and they must be covered up due to modesty laws. The down side is you have to convert to Islam and once you do apostasy is punishable by death.

I'm going to stay here, continue to be atheist without dying, drink whisky and wear skimpy clothing.

this is literally my favorite post ever. ams is no fun at parties

SAME
i also hate logging into tumblr and seeing the fandom of steven universe going nuts over an insignificant moment in the show. .v.
IKR?
Almost all of the good shows, books and games out there have terrible fandoms, so it seems like they're trying to ruin it sometimes. For example, people in the FNAF fandom ship together killer robots and turn them into anime characters and add boobs and stuff...
Because of that, I am no longer interested in the game.

haha you really like that "no fun at parties" joke ;)
I've seen you around on the forums muahaha ^^
but true though. so very true

hey man, some people are just no fun at parties. (i actually just forgot i used that one on the "abolish tiers" guy. my bad)

I guess your unpopular opinion is that Islam is evil? Let me guess...are you American?

I'm glad that you enjoy living in your country. For me personally when I walk down the street and see some obese woman with half of her ass sticking out of her miniskirt, drinking out of a paper bag on her way to McDonald's I throw up in my mouth. But you're right, God Bless Amurrica.

Before this escalates into some moral/ my-country-is-better-than-yours fight could you calm down and take this thread less seriously? Not trying to intrude- just don't want a fight cos then the mods could shut this thread down and it's a funny thread so yeah. please don't fight x

I guess your unpopular opinion is that Islam is evil? Let me guess...are you American?

I'm glad that you enjoy living in your country. For me personally when I walk down the street and see some obese woman with half of her ass sticking out of her miniskirt, drinking out of a paper bag on her way to McDonald's I throw up in my mouth. But you're right, God Bless Amurrica.

Firstly, I certainly don't think most Muslims are evil, but it is true that consuming alcohol is prohibited in Islam, as is wearing revealing clothing, which I felt fell inline with your thinking on the subjects.

Secondly, you have wrongly assumed that I am American, I most certainly am not, but I enjoy the freedom my country offers me and others around me, even if I don't like their choices personally, I believe they still should have the freedom to make those choices.

...not all Americans are like that...

Anyway let's change the subject shall we!

Uh... I've always wondered why the post op patch, bandage and doctors mask are used frequently on ACNL characters. It's apparently supposed to be a "kawaii" thing but I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Not wanting or pretend to offend you but,why people say "America" Instead of "USA"?

Uh... I've always wondered why the post op patch, bandage and doctors mask are used frequently on ACNL characters. It's apparently supposed to be a "kawaii" thing but I just don't get it.

thank you! voice of reason. is this a pet peeve of yours? I personally only ever use the post op patch to cosplay ryusaki from another (fantastic anime btw). the rest I have no clue. each to their own I suppose

I don't understand the bandage thing with Asian fashion in general. I follow a bunch of Asian fashion blogs and they are all filled with the masks and stuff. I don't get how it's cute.

I actually don't like the bandages and that either.

Seconding this. It's a petty unpopular opinion to have (at least compared to some of the more intense ones on here, haha) but I gotta agree with it. I think it's supposed to be "cute" in a way, maybe? Like, "d'aww, look at this cute bandaged up lil baby" but it just looks odd to me. I don't really wear any facial accessories either way though.

Not all americans are, but most are (well, obese anyway)

I don't understand the bandage thing with Asian fashion in general. I follow a bunch of Asian fashion blogs and they are all filled with the masks and stuff. I don't get how it's cute.

D'ya mean face masks like those who people use when they are sick.. Yeah I don't get how that is fashionable because unless people are sick in Japan/Asia I don't think they wear ones lol. The asians I've seen IRL that worn those were most likely sick cause they weren't dressing unusual either lol.

3. Fat acceptance shouldn't be a thing. Healthy acceptance should be. Once again being large doesn't dictate your personality etc etc but we should NOT be glorifying an unhealthy lifestyle when the world is in the grips of an obesity epidemic. It's absolutely fine to be on the curvier side- you are just as beautiful and never let people tell you otherwise- as long as you are HEALTHY

You can't be fat and healthy at the same time. Curvy, you can but I don't know how I can say that when being obese is now called "curvy". It's offensive to the actual beautiful curvy women, whereas the ones calling themselves curvy are not at all. They do not have curves, they have fat. Lots of it

Last edited:
Stop making the US the country that know all the answers to every apocalyptic event possible in movies and tv shows.

In Falling Skies it happens again in a radio conversation:
We are from near Bolivia, where are you from?
Georgia, US.
Oh, thank God, tell us the answer!

You can make the US as heroic as you want for all I care, but stop making the rest of the world looking like chickens with their head cut off. I`m guessing 90% of nations were managing pretty damn well before you came to existance and will remain perfectly fine even after China takes over. Get over it.

Stop making the US the country that know all the answers to every apocalyptic event possible in movies and tv shows.

In Falling Skies it happens again in a radio conversation:
We are from near Bolivia, where are you from?
Georgia, US.
Oh, thank God, tell us the answer!

You can make the US as heroic as you want for all I care, but stop making the rest of the world looking like chickens with their head cut off. I`m guessing 90% of nations were managing pretty damn well before you came to existance and will remain perfectly fine even after China takes over. Get over it.
A million cookies for this my friend.

Well pretty much stop painting up the US as the country of everything. Likes try living there for a few years and not being a celeb..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back