• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New English Terms vs. Old Terms

English Terms vs. Japanese Terms

• I like the English terms better...

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • I like the Japanese terms better...

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I like both equally!

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 25 33.8%

• Total voters

xStarie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was wondering if most people prefer English translations from the Japanese version (such as Reese still being Lisa, or Re-Tail staying R. Parkers, Club 404, ect..)

Personally I like some of the Japanese terms better, they just seem to fit better, or kind of flow :)
So what's your guy's opinion on it? The curiosity is getting to me! :3

It doesn't matter to me as long as the game actually comes out.
You can say that again. :p
There are a few Japanese terms that I prefer over the English localized ones, but at this point I just want the game to come out. Nothing beats the original~ and writing up a storm won't make Nintendo change the terms. I'll take what I can get.

Am I the only one who couldn't give a **** less about the names of the shops or whatever the **** ever?

Honestly, I don't see why there has to be a million and one threads about changed names and whatnot. Who gives a ****?!

edit: lol this wasnt me ok dont yell at me was my friend on my acc ok jesus

and frankly, i dont really care about names either

Last edited:
Am I the only one who couldn't give a **** less about the names of the shops or whatever the **** ever?

Honestly, I don't see why there has to be a million and one threads about changed names and whatnot. Who gives a ****?!

Well don't you have a potty mouth. :rolleyes: people like seeing these threads, if they bother you so much, why bother posting in them then? There is such a thing as just ignoring the thread you know?

But Im used to all the name changes. I like them all now that I am used to them c:

I honestly couldnt care less about the names, and 99% of them I like.
I just want it to be here already. I have a month exactly after school is out before I can get it (NA).
That makes me more antsy and frustrated with Nintendo.
/rant over

The Animal Crossing team is very good at localizing the games, so any complaint I have about the new names are minor. I actually prefer the English terms in some cases, like Dream Suite and Main Street are way better than the Japanese counterparts. The only term I haven't liked so far is club LOL (because I really liked club 101) but I got over it.

I don't know why people act so surprised when the names change. This happens with every single Animal Crossing game, it should hardly be a shock to anyone at this point.

Obviously, many care otherwise there wouldn't be a million and one threads about changed names.

Not interested? Then get out and move your arse along to a different thread.

Some of the new villager names bother me, but I'll either get used to them or I'll keep using their Japanese names.

Hey guys! Calm down! It's a forum about Animal Crossing!

Anypew, I don't care what names are what. I'll enjoy the game.

Don't post if you don't like it. Seriously. Calm down.

I like Re-Tail.

The only one I'm still mildly hung up on is Reese. Lisa was such a perfect name for her. Ok and maybe the change from K.K. Idol to K.K. Bubblegum? Just seems like a big leap. I'm like most of you posting that you couldn't care if their names were all derpy as long as the game comes out.

I understand your annoyance (trust me, I have to deal with enough of this myself) but there's no need to react this way. If it bothers you that much, just ignore the thread so it isn't bumped up. You're just giving the thread even more attention.

I like both equally, but I don't really care about them that much.

I don't really care, and not in a mean way, just that whatever it is, it is. This is not the only game where names change from inception to localised copies and whatever's on the screen when I play is what makes the game. In an English version, I wouldn't expect Japanese names as the norm (like Shizue would not have been a good choice to keep as a main character) but I wouldn't like it completely forgotten about either (like Genji who is in my WW town now), a nice mix which is what we typically see and I'm set!

Other than the language, I agree. It's a lot of topics about it.
But, we're just bored and waiting for the game to come out. Remember, there's a lot of topics about the same thing here.

As others are saying, if it bothers you, then ignore the topics.

The only one I kinda dislike is Club lol but I'll get used to it. Public works projects and Re-Tail both are perfect name-changes, especially the former.

For me, it depends. I honestly prefer Lisa over Reese and Club 444 instead of Club LOL (I'll always read it 'Club 101'!), but I like Re-Tail better than R. Parker's because the play on words for R. Parker's doesn't work in the U.S.

I, personally, love Shizue's English name. Isabelle is perfect for her! :D

I like them all equally. Japanese ones work for Japan, NA's works for me!

I just gotta learn to use new names instead of the old ones, that's all. :3

Back