• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf Direct?

WeiMoote

Artist of Cute Stuff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8132-2122-8932
Winter Mittens
Holiday Candy Cane 2019
Isabelle
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Orange (Fruit)
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
Good News, everyone!

(Dodges plate)

Okay, now that I have your attention, someone on Zed's Stream linked me to this this morning.

http://www.nintendojo.com/news/news-nintendo-announces-3ds-titles-for-first-half-of-2013

Even though they told us everything that we know so far, check what it says at the bottom...

Still, Nintendo has already confirmed that there will be a Nintendo Direct presentation devoted solely to Animal Crossing, so we have that to look forward to in the near future.

There's still a glimmer of hope!

Crud, it's blocked here at work. I'll have to check it when I get home tonight :)

Yeah you're probably right, I should know better than to get my hopes up about ACNL stuff by now haha but yeah I'm still looking forward to the new year because they will HAVE to start spilling some info...right!? :p

This is the very first I've heard of this, so I'm not trusting it. If it were legit we surely would have heard of it somewhere else.

I'm going to be suspicious of this until it's made official... hopefully it'll be the truth though :) I'd love to have a New Leaf centered Nintendo Direct.

Q3 is just speculation on whoever wrote the article. Not very good speculation either.. just because Ninteno didn't mention it yesterday does not mean it was pushed to Q3, especially when it's confirmed for Q2 in Europe. NA will likely get it before or at the same time as Europe, with the former being more likely to me since NoE has said translation of the game is what's taking so long. NA only has English to translate to.

From the website linked to by WeiMoote above,
Conspicuously absent from the North American presentation were Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the latest installment in Nintendo’s popular life sim, and Capcom’s Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. This seems to suggest both games won’t be out in the region until at least the third quarter of 2013, which will no doubt come as a disappointment to those hoping to settle down in the forest sometime soon. (Europe, meanwhile, will get both in Q2 and March, respectively.) Still, Nintendo has already confirmed that there will be a Nintendo Direct presentation devoted solely to Animal Crossing, so we have that to look forward to in the near future.

(emphasis mine) To me, as ignorant as I am, the fact that Nintendo has confirmed this is new information and VERY encouraging! Maybe there is still hope for some information or even a North American release date, at this presentation. :D I wonder when it will be.

From the website linked to by WeiMoote above,

(emphasis mine) To me, as ignorant as I am, the fact that Nintendo has confirmed this is new information and VERY encouraging! Maybe there is still hope for some information or even a North American release date, at this presentation. :D I wonder when it will be.

Yes, it says that in the article. However, nowhere has Nintendo confirmed such a thing. The most likely scenario is that the writer of the article is confused and mistook Nintendo previously confirming that they were having a ND for the game in Japan, for us getting one.

I normally wouldn't assume that, but if Nintendo of America had confirmed such a thing it would be all over the place.

Yes, it says that in the article. However, nowhere has Nintendo confirmed such a thing. The most likely scenario is that the writer of the article is confused and mistook Nintendo previously confirming that they were having a ND for the game in Japan, for us getting one.

I normally wouldn't assume that, but if Nintendo of America had confirmed such a thing it would be all over the place.

this

Oh!!! Thanks, Envy and Treasu(red). I guess I am not ignorant after all. I thought maybe everybody else knew this but me. :D

Back