• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf Direct?

I don't see why America should get it before Europe.

That's true. We always seem to get things after.
Like Wild World, a 6 month difference.
Like Population Growing, 2 years difference.
Like City Folk, 19 days difference.

Karaoke, 10 years difference.

It's always been like that. Only in the past few years have release dates started to get very close to each other. It's just a simple matter of localization for a game like Animal Crossing. There's more languages to translate to and unique events to make for the European version as opposed to the North American version.

Yes this is news to me. When or where has nintendo announced this for us??? Maybe the author is confused with the fact they did a full direct in Japan?

I think Tammerwoody is right and the author may just be confused with the full one in Japan.

Not to sound smug or anything but I like to think I keep on top of the news and this is the first time and only time I've heard about a full Direct for us.

Last edited:
A full Direct for us would be absolutely wonderful, but I don't want to get my hopes up until Nintendo officially announces it. Still...fingers crossed! I'm going to keep my hopes high. Once the news starts rolling in for America and Europe, it will be totally worth it~ :D

Got an email from Nintendo on the matter

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in finding out as much information as you can about Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I first need to let you know that we have not made any announcements to suggest there may be a Nintendo Direct presentation dedicated to this game. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping to hear, and I appreciate your understanding.

It's important to keep in mind that there are countless websites on the Internet that post Nintendo news and information. Many of these independent websites take the liberty of posting news based on rumors, speculation, or assumptions--and that is just fine. We understand that Nintendo fans are eager for as much new information as possible!

However, as a publicly traded company in Japan, Nintendo has a responsibility to our retailers, suppliers, employees, and stockholders to provide accurate, official information on our products. Therefore, what we present on our official website will always be confirmed and reliable. Although officially confirmed information can still change from time to time (like product release dates), Nintendo's own websites will be the most current official source for all Nintendo news and information.

Our website is also a source of information on products produced by our third-party licensees. However, because these products are not produced or sold by Nintendo, we may not have all of the latest details. In these cases, we recommend that fans visit the website for the actual company who produces the product in question, or contact them directly for the latest news.

Sincerely,

Crystal L. Odam
Nintendo of America Inc.

Back