Nintendo Direct 6/18/24 at 7 AM PDT/10 AM EDT

Metroid Prime 4: Beyond... It's hard to express my feelings about this. They're positive, of course, but it's just mind-blowing to see this. That this is real:
This Project is Still Alive.png

When the trailer gets uploaded on to one of Nintendo's YouTube channels, I'll post that here, as well.

Here's the trailer in all its glory:

It's also great to see Zero Mission as another addition of GBA games on the Switch. If only Samus Returns were developed for the Switch. We would've had the entire 2D Metroid library on the system.

One more thing: I have to give a special mention to one of my favorite shooters finally making its way to NSO — Perfect Dark. Don't even care how badly emulated it would be.
Sims and Agents Galore.png

What's great about this is that Microsoft showcased the reboot in the Summer Game Fest more than a week prior, so the only way this timing could have been better is if we lived in alternate universe in which E3 never died. June turned out to be far better than I was hoping it would be for game annoucements.

Last edited:
i'm pleasantly surprised! despite the thousands of remakes lol. the new zelda one looks super cool, will definitely be checking that out, and i've been waiting for stray to come to switch! i think i've watched gameplay of the whole thing but it's long enough ago it would feel like a brand new experience
part of me was still holding out hope for switch 2 news but of course, nothing. new mario and luigi game doesn't look bad though

I think the only one I'll be playing a lot is the new Mario Party game. Some others interested me too though. May play the Dragon Quest remake, we shall see!

The Mario Party looks great, I wish I had people to play it with 🥲 oh well, I could do with saving money 😂

When most of these titles are remakes, that tells me that the Nintendo Switch Era is almost over. But then again, Nintendo has always done remakes or ports of older games for the Switch. Like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Let’s Go Eevee, and Super Mario 3D All Stars. So this year really isn’t any different than years past.

the hyrule switch lite looks super pretty. i've not got any reason to buy it with the new console on the horizon but i do be a fan of the gold colour. stray coming to the switch is cool, kind of tempted to play it again on the switch.

also interested in the legend of zelda: echoes of the past - not familiar with the series but i'm really liking the artstyle. might pick this up :]

Last edited:
I’m excited for the Marvel Vs Capcom Collection, Mario and Luigi Brotherhood and Zelda games. The Marvel Vs Capcom Collection will probe a massive hit with fighting game enthusiasts as this is the first time in over a decade that MvsC 2 was on a home console since both the PS and XBox stores delisted it and fans have been wanting it to become available for years now. I’m think the Zelda game is going to explain more about the events that happened directly after Link failed to defeat Ganon. From the looks of it, Link didn’t fully defeat the villain as it appear he used some sort of curse to make Link disappear and Zelda wasn’t freed from the gem prison immediately after Ganon vanished which is unusual.

It was pretty early where I'm living so when I woke up I was too tired to watch the whole thing. Can anyone list the upcoming games that were announced in the Direct? IIRC I heard there were several remakes, a Zelda-centric game, a Mario & Luigi game and a new Mario Party game, but I'm relying on TBT posts for this info and they're all over the place. T_T

I'm pleasantly surprised with this direct! although I was hoping for some Fantasy Life/Layton news
  • Hello Kitty Island Adventures on the Switch, finally!! instead of being locked on apple arcade smh
  • Super Mario Party Jamboree looks so good -- I'm hoping the online play is handled similarly to MPSS! The 20 player mode seems nuts. also justice for dry bones pls -- at least i have spike
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom looks so good! The aesthetic and gameplay is so appealing -- definitely a must-have for me.
  • Denpa Men English release for July 22nd confirmed!! I feel like my friend and I are like the only people that want this game so badly and fortunately it releases right before I visit her, so we can play the local coop together. for once, local coop is usable for me, and just in time.
The AA:I release and DQ remakes, were super nice to see, too! And the Phantom Brave sequel... Super unexpected, but very welcome to me. 🙏

Last edited:
i’m excited for the new mario party, and hello kitty island adventure !!! everything else kinda didn’t interest me lol and i’m a bit sad there was no tomodachi life remake/new game announcement 💔💔

It was pretty early where I'm living so when I woke up I was too tired to watch the whole thing. Can anyone list the upcoming games that were announced in the Direct? IIRC I heard there were several remakes, a Zelda-centric game, a Mario & Luigi game and a new Mario Party game, but I'm relying on TBT posts for this info and they're all over the place. T_T
I dont know what half of the things are but I’ll just tell you the names 😂
In a spoiler so I don’t take up the whole thread
Mario and Luigi Brothership
NES World Championships
Fairy tail 2
Fantasian neo dimension
Memories in orbit
Hello kitty island adventure
Looney toons wacky world of sports
Farmagia
Donkey Kong country returns HD
Dragon quest 3 HD-2D remake (and also 1&2 releasing later)
Funko fusion
The new Denpa men
Metal slug attack reloaded
Darkest dungeon 2
Phantom brave: the lost hero
Marvel vs capcom fighting collection
Super Mario party jamboree
The legend of Zelda echoes of wisdom
Lego horizon adventures
Stray
Tales of the shire (lord of the rings themed)
Just dance 2025
Ace attorney investigations collection
Metroid prime 4: beyond
The hundred line - last defence academy
Romancing saga 2

I thought this was an excellent Direct. From the new Zelda, Mario & Luigi Game, Metroid Prime 4, and Donkey Kong??? it was really solid all around.

edit: Wanted to bring attention to the 2D-HD remakes of the first three Dragon Quest games.

As I expected, nothing interested me from this Direct. Oh well. At least some others found some things that were interesting to them.

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
I saw something about Hello Kitty Island Adventure so I'm satisfied. It's not releasing until 2025 though dang

I'm not gonna lie guys, I was really hoping for some Nintendogs news.... I want virtual pets again. 😭

I am excited that it looks like I can be Toadette in the new mario party, though!! And the new Zelda game looks really cute. I love that art style and I'm excited to play as Zelda.

The only game I would have somewhat of an interest in would be the new Mario Party game. Ironic considering I just played Mario Party 8 on my Wii yesterday. Other than that, meh. There's definitely some exciting games mixed in (new Zelda and Metroid Prime games for sure), but they're not my particular cup of tea.

What I’d love to see is Nintendo rereleasing Super Mario 3D All Stars but as a digital only game. It makes no sense that they made the digital download version time limited given the lucrative amount of money they could make. Digital only games starring Nintendo characters aren’t uncommon and Kirby proved that people will shell out money for a game with no physical release with Dream Buffet. Many Mario fans missed out on 3D All Stars and the prices online are starting to get ridiculous. I saw one eBay listening charging $70 just for the cart alone plus shipping and handling. Opened but complete copies I’ve seen being sold for over $100. And people are paying these prices. Nintendo really messed up here as the secondhand online market is making more money than they did selling 3D All Stars.
I was wondering why I was finding used copies go for over $100 on eBay. I bought my copy on release day and didn't think about this situation at all...

It seems impossible, but Ace Attorney.
OH MY GOODNESS

I have already played both Ace Attorney investigations games, but i am definitely purchasing the remastered duology. It is great to now have an official english translation for the second game.

Last edited:
The only game I would have somewhat of an interest in would be the new Mario Party game. Ironic considering I just played Mario Party 8 on my Wii yesterday. Other than that, meh. There's definitely some exciting games mixed in (new Zelda and Metroid Prime games for sure), but they're not my particular cup of tea.

I was wondering why I was finding used copies go for over $100 on eBay. I bought my copy on release day and didn't think about this situation at all...
And you’d think Nintendo would notice how much the used copies of 3D All Stars are going for and rerelease the game at least digitally to combat the issue. They did it with the Smash Amiibo scalpers situation and in the end Nintendo ended up getting even more money as the scalpers’ stock of Lucario and Marth lost value as more people could pay the original price in a store close to them instead of eBay or Amazon. I’ve even seen people selling only the case of 3D All Stars for $50 and that is a problem. Fire Emblem’s original NES games limited time of never being seen again after the time specified when it would be pulled from shelves and the eShop I can understand as FE is a niche game that isn’t for everyone but come on, who doesn’t love Mario? Every Switch owner has at least one game starring the plumber and some are even buying copies of games that they already own on other consoles for full price. We really can’t let greedy secondhand sellers control the market for three of Mario’s most beloved games in the series.

Back