• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

Whenever I see Cyrus I just think of Cyrus from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.
He was cool.

I like some of these names. Isabelle = <3
Nookling's Junction is quite good.
But I agree with the Reese thing.. NO JUST NO

So, I mentioned earlier that I hate the Italian name for Shizue (Fuffi - pronounced FooFFee)... unfortunately I hadn't watched the 45' Direct with Italian subs.

Seriously guys, I must repeat myself, DON'T COMPLAIN because AC fans over here will have to get used to:

Lisa = Alpaca (WTF? an alpaca named Alpaca? How dumb is that?)
Kaizo = Merino (WHAT? Like Merino sheeps? He's not a sheep -.- good Lord)
R. Parker = Ricicla e Ricrea (Recycle and Remake... dumb and dumber)
Club 444 = Club LOL (oh man...)

Also, I don't like how they named the street pass model home quarter (Quartiere Sbirciacase - the latter being a non-existant word, made by joining the Italian words for "homes" and "peek").

Enough?

An alpaca named Alpaca just makes me think of Pokemon. If you think of her as a Pokemon, maybe her name will be more tolerable.

What languages will the game be translated too other than English and German? (I didn't even know it was going to be translated to German, did that happen with all of the past games?)
Edit: and other than Italian

I'm pretty sure most languages that would be playing the games would have one, right? I mean, it'd be a little unfair to people in other countries to only have games in English and Japanese.

Well, here in the Netherlands we have only had English games so far, and I wouldn't want a game in Dutch.

If English is one of the main languages in the Netherlands, that's probably acceptable. (I honestly have no idea. >>; I've barely left the state I live in, let alone gone to another country to know such things). I'm talking more about countries that barely speak a word of English.

english french spanish italian german and portuguese? i think theyre the languages that its translated into

I watched the Nintendo Direct with Dutch subtitles and seems like we're getting the same version as the UK :)

Almost every game (except PKM and few others) released in EUR has 5 languages in the same cartridge, usually: Italian, Spanish, French, German, English.
This means you can switch from one language to another just by setting your 3DS/DS system to that language.

For example, if I end up hating the Italian names (which I probably will - I already do, actually) I could set my system language to ENG-UK and play all of my 3DS games in English (I'm already playing Style Boutique / Style Savvy in English because of the same reason, character names).

Shizue will be Marie for France, so please just don't complain through Isabelle fits her very nicely

I don't think Reese is too bad of a name, honestly. Reese sounds like Lisa anyway and it's close enough. I probably will be finding myself calling her Reesa or something like that, but it's not too bad. I'll most likely stick with Shizue though, Isabelle isn't bad either. Cyrus I have to agree reminds me of Miley and Team Galactic's head man, so I'll call him Kaizo still but other than that the names aren't terrible. Does anyone know if Kent's name will still be Kent? I haven't even seen the video you guys are referring to the names though, heh ^^'

I have a friend named Reese. She's nice. Oh, and a song name:
Blue Onigiri= Stale cupcakes

Stale Cupcakes was in City Folk and I'm pretty sure it was the song K.K. sung in wild world when you screwed up the title, was it not? So most people do know of this change by now :)

When I see that Reese is the American English name for Lisa, all I can think is that a Japanese person said "Lisa" and a non-Japanese speaker hears "Reese" or "Reesa". I kind of feel like that's where this name came from..
I'm not trying to sound racist, but you know about the L's and the R's.

Back