• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf Tourism Trailer

I always forget that most of them are puns. I completely ignored Doremi's name(though we still don't know her official name) until I heard that "Do Re Mi" song, and I instantly thought of Doremi lol.

I catch on faster to the fish puns than the name puns...

To be honest (and not to be rude or a downer) but I really don't care too much about this trailer (maybe because I'm not American idk) - I've seen enough Japanese gameplay - I honestly couldn't really care less about this;

I personally think it would've been more beneficial if they added some english translations in the trailer or something; I honestly think that would've made the trailer that more appealing.

I personally think it would've been more beneficial if they added some english translations in the trailer or something; I honestly think that would've made the trailer that more appealing.

I think the trailer is meant to attract players that have never tried an Animal Crossing game before. Otherwise, I think they would've mentioned the new features (like being mayor) that make it different from previous versions.

It makes sense for it not to be called Nook's Cranny since Tom Nook isn't doing business there anymore and passed it along to his nephews(?).

No. It was cleared up in Wild World that Timmy & Tommy are just employees, probably family friends of Tom.

They may have not addressed becoming the Mayor directly, but it was briefly mentioned in the text around the 0:40 mark. I found this trailer to be rather boring tbh. much better than their past advertisements though.

At least it wasn't,

Ethnic female: Oh lets go fishing.
Caucasian female: No I did that yesterday.
Ethnic female: Ok. Have you heard of that new boutique everyones talking about?
Me: YESSSS ITS BEEN THERE SINCE DAY ONE!!!!

Hmm, eShop lists this as Tourism Trailer, Part 1.......
So maybe there will be more later at some point.

I think the trailer is meant to attract players that have never tried an Animal Crossing game before. Otherwise, I think they would've mentioned the new features (like being mayor) that make it different from previous versions.

I was just about to say this. After all we're not the only ones who know about this, their main point is to attract people who are not interested in the game or don't know about it, and I think this trailer just did that.

Also, I liked the video transitions and "brought to you by the mayo's office"

Last edited:
if you mean by eShop, you mean American eShop? Next time, get your facts straight, it isn't in the EU eShop. :(

The narrator on North American versions of games sound so sad, melancholy, and monotone. Japanese people are always so HAPPY AND EXCITED!!!! It's kind of off putting :(

Sorry, I didn't realize it wasn't in the EU 3DS eShop, I've updated the main post now.

Back