• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf Tourism Trailer

Note, Nookipedia can be edited by anyone. Just because it's on that wiki doesn't make it fact unless the information has an official reference from someone who worked on the games.

Unfortunately, I agree with those who have said this trailer makes the game look really boring.
While fishing, catching bugs, and fossil hunting are pretty much the hallmarks of AC games, and swimming is a neat new feature, those are far from the main selling points of the game. They mentioned the ability to shop for accessories and such, but only in passing and without much detail.

Why not show a demonstration of the extent of the customization in the game? I'm sorry, but if I was brand new to the idea of AC, what would interest me is the ability to create my own clothes, customize furniture and the exterior of my house, and customize my town with public works projects; the fact that it allows you to create a bustling, lively town full of cute animal villagers and colorful shops; the ability to invite friends over to my town, and to visit my friends' towns... Not that I can dig up rocks in the ground.

I guess they were going for an advertisement in the style of those "Come visit beautiful Nevada!" or "Take a trip to exotic Indonesia!" travel ads, which is a cute idea in theory, but the execution totally flopped. The narrator was a really odd choice. She sounds like she should be trying to sell me toothpaste or anti-aging face wash, not an Animal Crossing game. And the liberal use of adjectives spoken in that silky, borderline-monotonous voice just feels like overkill. It's just... silly, and kind of weird.

Don't get me wrong, I love fishing and bug catching and fossil hunting in AC. I really do. But that's not really how you market a game in America. :p
A more successful approach, in my opinion, would have been to focus on customization, shops, the mayor aspect, and perhaps show some humorous dialogue or scenes from the game. Something to hook people, to spark interest. The fact that AC can be totally serene and mellow is great, and I love that about it. But I feel like with this trailer they were going for something serene and mellow, and sailed right on past it, straight into totally boring.

Note, Nookipedia can be edited by anyone. Just because it's on that wiki doesn't make it fact unless the information has an official reference from someone who worked on the games.

I clearly recall Tom Nook saying something about having his two nephews come to help him run the shop. It's when he upgrades to nookington's in CF.

Can't waittttttt~!

I like seeing in-game footage that's in English! :3

I clearly recall Tom Nook saying something about having his two nephews come to help him run the shop. It's when he upgrades to nookington's in CF.

See, I've never played City Folk to know such a thing. And I've seen so many other areas on the internet say "No one's said if Timmy and Tommy are related to Nook!" that I just assumed those people know what they're talking about since I'm the one who's missed a game in the series. xD

As far as commercials go, that was pretty lame. As far as AC commercials go,that ROCKED!

yeah - Timmy and Tommy are defs Nook's nephews

yeah - Timmy and Tommy are defs Nook's nephews

Actually, in WW, he CLEARLY says they are just employees. Do some research or play the game until he starts getting sentimental and talks to you a lot. I just did and he said they were just employees when my character said "But you have kids!"

Last edited:
See, I've never played City Folk to know such a thing. And I've seen so many other areas on the internet say "No one's said if Timmy and Tommy are related to Nook!" that I just assumed those people know what they're talking about since I'm the one who's missed a game in the series. xD

XD that explains it

In the WW episodes Tom Nook says he is not related to Timmy and Tommy. This is from the September Tom Nook episode.

Three days later (episode 3):

...Ugh...
It's not that I want to live a life of solitude forever, hm?
[select You have kids!]
Hm?! Oh ho ho ho! No, no...[name], how old do you think I am, hm?
Tommy and Timmy are not my children!
Those two are just my employees, yes? We're not related at all!
I like to think of them as my pupils and myself as their mentor, hm?
Haven't you heard them call me "Mr. Nook" before?
I don't know about you, but I've never seen a kid call his dad "Mr. Something"!
[select I see.]
I'm still just a swinging bachelor, yes?
People usually assume that I'm divorced or something, but I've never married,
hm?
What? Oh...
Well, [name], I guess there's no need to explain then, is there, hm?

If you want to see all the dialogue.

It could have been a bit of a mix-up or error in translation - He might originally simply have been denying that Timmy and Tommy were his direct descendants (sons), since that's what the conversation option that prompts his response asks about. Doesn't mean they can't be his nephews.

It could have been a bit of a mix-up or error in translation - He might originally simply have been denying that Timmy and Tommy were his direct descendants (sons), since that's what the conversation option that prompts his response asks about. Doesn't mean they can't be his nephews.

It is possible it could be an error in translation, but he does say "Those two are just my employees, yes? We're not related at all!" and since WW was my first AC game I will always think of them as not having a relation to him. To each his own though, especially if in PG he said they were his nephews, I had never heard that one before! Anyone have a screenshot or link where I can see this? A friend of mine would flip if he saw that :)

I was pretty sure that he said they where his nephews in the GameCube game.

I'd love to see a link to proof cause I've never seen this. Could you even talk to workers in the town such as Blathers when they show the disappointment emote and get a unique conversation like you could in WW and CF?

Back