• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct ACNL Information

Hamusuta

miss juicy baby!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
I'm sure many of you are anxiously awaiting your chance to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Nintendo's recent investors meeting briefly discusses the title and it's eventual overseas launch. Mr. Iwata seems very confident it's going to be a success here given it's huge success already in japan. He even notes that many of the views for their JP Nintendo Direct were from a Western audience.

I'm betting you don't have much longer to wait! :)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131qa/index.html

Information from The Bit Block.

Last edited:
Iwata:

-Therefore, the current sales levels of Nintendo 3DS in the overseas markets are not at all satisfactory in regard to the hardware’s potential. This is not happening due to external factors. In our understanding, this is because we could not fully convey the appeal of the Nintendo 3DS platform and as a result, fewer consumers purchased it than we had expected. So, obviously, our aim is to increase our hardware sales more than in this fiscal year.

RELEASE ANIMAL CROSSING! Your 3DS sales will go up ;) lol.

Nono, I just got the info from his website :D But I wish I lived in his town... Its so cool :eek:

lol I realized after I said that your AC info in your signature so I edited my post. Yes! I love his videos. So entertaining how excited he gets about everything in the game :)

lol I realized after I said that your AC info in your signature so I edited my post. Yes! I love his videos. So entertaining how excited he gets about everything in the game :)

Lol we will be more excited though >:3

Lol we will be more excited though >:3

Most likely. We should all take a video of ourselves booting up the game and getting started. I bet they would be pretty funny to watch. A lot of "OMG OMG OMG OMG....WHATS THIS!? OMG OMG OMG....AWWWWWWWW" lol. For how long we have waited I'll probably lose it when I finally start playing.

Most likely. We should all take a video of ourselves booting up the game and getting started. I bet they would be pretty funny to watch. A lot of "OMG OMG OMG OMG....WHATS THIS!? OMG OMG OMG....AWWWWWWWW" lol. For how long we have waited I'll probably lose it when I finally start playing.

I will probably get off the train and be like 'WHAT THE CLUCK ARE THESE VILLAGERS THEY ARE ALL UGLY OMG MY LIFE IS OVER D:' because i always hate my villagers ... o-o

I'm going to reset until I get the face and at least ONE of my favorite villagers. Because I'm crazy like that.

if they released the AC 3DS XL, i would buy it. P:
i think that would increase sales.

I think they underestimate their fanbase here in North America.
I really hope we can do them proud so this 'no release date' thing doesn't happen again.
They'll be hopping on getting us the games, rather than taking their time because 'they won't make great sales anyway'.

Which is why I would assume that there is a technical reason to have a later release date. I would be very surprised if ACNL didn't increase sales. It was one of the [if not the] fastest selling 3DS game, which is a thing that they would want in ALL regions asap.

Which is why I would assume that there is a technical reason to have a later release date. I would be very surprised if ACNL didn't increase sales. It was one of the [if not the] fastest selling 3DS game, which is a thing that they would want in ALL regions asap.

I agree. I don't think they'd just sit on a completed game that's ben this successful. I think the entirety of the project was more work than they anticipated and that's the reason for the long wait.

I'd buy the AC XL!!! I can't wait for the game! There was a post on Justin's blog where Iwata acknowledges the desire for animal crossing in other countries so it can't be too much longer.

Guys, Nintendo knows the release date. They aren't saying it as they don't want to take focus away from their Q1 games, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion. They know ACNL will be their biggest seller of the 3 so they're focusing their efforts on trying to sell us the other 2 games as well. Take me for example, if New Leaf was coming out now instead of Fire Emblem, I wouldn't bother playing the Fire Emblem demo but I did and now I'm probably going to get it. Instead of getting $40 outta me, they're going to get $80. It's business.

I'm going to reset until I get the face and at least ONE of my favorite villagers. Because I'm crazy like that.

I think I'm just gonna reset for town layout buuut if my character is ugly I might. I really hope I get a hamster too!

Back