• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct ACNL Information

I'm sure they know the date, just hanging on to it to just the right moment. It is all about marketing. If they were to say that NL was coming out today (which, since I despise games like FE, would have made me immensely happy as tomorrow is my birthday), there would not have been as many sales of FE or probably LM. Since they just gave the release date for LM, they will give it at least another couple of days for the preorders to slow down.

I serously hope they at least give the release date soon.

I am only interested in AC anyway ^.^ I just want it NOW! Hehe and I'd say it would sell more than the other two

Please don't tell me you think Luigi's Mansion is going to outsell ACNL. I'll take that bet any day of the week.

In Japan? No way. In America? I think it's possible. Luigi's Mansion is a Mario title in a lot of ways plus it's been a long time coming just like Animal Crossing.

AC the biggest seller of the 3? I don't think so.

Clearly it's Brain Age. :)

In Japan? No way. In America? I think it's possible. Luigi's Mansion is a Mario title in a lot of ways plus it's been a long time coming just like Animal Crossing.

I see a very valid point in your first argument, but... Brain Age? Justin.... are you being ornery?

The thing that'll make AC sell more is women. Just looking at this board, I haven't seen any females say they're wanting or getting Luigi's Mansion. My wife has a 3DS and she's not getting LM but she's getting NL.

Also, while LM is a Mario character, it isn't a "Mario game." At least, it's not a platformer which is the Mario games that sell (besides Mario Kart). If sticking a Mario character on a box meant huge sells, Paper Mario would be flying off shelves. I can see ACNL easily outselling that as well.

The thing that'll make AC sell more is women. Just looking at this board, I haven't seen any females say they're wanting or getting Luigi's Mansion. My wife has a 3DS and she's not getting LM but she's getting NL.

Also, while LM is a Mario character, it isn't a "Mario game." At least, it's not a platformer which is the Mario games that sell (besides Mario Kart). If sticking a Mario character on a box meant huge sells, Paper Mario would be flying off shelves. I can see ACNL easily outselling that as well.

You might think that! Interesting enough many years ago I owned Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion for the gamecube and played them both simultaneously. Literally. I'd play AC, then get out LM and play. They both contain large amounts of nostalgia for me, and as a lady I'm very much looking forward to the LM release. I'm actually going to pre-order it tomorrow.
No LM does not have the same appeal to me as Animal Crossing does, but because they are linked in my memory I do like LM a little more. ^^

You might think that! Interesting enough many years ago I owned Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion for the gamecube and played them both simultaneously. Literally. I'd play AC, then get out LM and play. They both contain large amounts of nostalgia for me, and as a lady I'm very much looking forward to the LM release. I'm actually going to pre-order it tomorrow.
No LM does not have the same appeal to me as Animal Crossing does, but because they are linked in my memory I do like LM a little more. ^^
I'm not saying there's not a single woman on Earth that won't want/play LM. There are women who will play LM and not play ACNL. And there will be women who play both (which is what Nintendo wants as $80>$40). All I'm saying is that there are way more women who could care less about LM who do care about LM than vice versa. I remember ACCF being advertised on Lifetime (a woman's tv channel for those people who don't know). I bet ACNL will be too but I highly doubt LM will be.

While you have a point, it goes the other way around too. I feel a lot of men still see Animal Crossing as a "girls game" and they would much rather purchase a game like Luigi's Mansion than Animal Crossing.

I guess a lot of it will have to do with how much marketing they put into these games. If they advertise on Lifetime again for example, that would certainly have an impact.

And yes, I'm kidding about Brain Age Treasured. :p

I think I'm just gonna reset for town layout buuut if my character is ugly I might. I really hope I get a hamster too!
You dont have to worry about keep resetting for the town layout, because when starting off, Rover asks you 'Is this your town map' you can say yes if you like it, and no if you want another one, and you can do this forever until you get one you want :D Which I'm so glad Nintendo added this feature because for my ACCF town I literally spent half an hour resetting and got so mad I really wanted to throw my wii out the window xD

You dont have to worry about keep resetting for the town layout, because when starting off, Rover asks you 'Is this your town map' you can say yes if you like it, and no if you want another one, and you can do this forever until you get one you want :D Which I'm so glad Nintendo added this feature because for my ACCF town I literally spent half an hour resetting and got so mad I really wanted to throw my wii out the window xD

You only get 4 maps to choose from, not loads unfortunately. But I know how you feel.

I think so. ACWW sold over 9 million copies worldwide. Already, over 2 million have sold in Japan.

Could be higher if they weren't still having stock issues with the physical copies. I don't think I've seen a single physical copy, new or used, since early December.

I just say this because, judging by the number of times I can buy used games here in Japan and the DLC codes are unused, the Japanese don't seem to connect to the internet for console/handheld gaming or downloading as much as the US and Europe. I'm sure some people bought the digital one because they got tired of waiting to buy a physical one, but probably not everyone who wants the game...

I'm not sure what to think about the stock issues. Part of me thinks that this has effected the release in other parts of the world..maybe the release in Korea gives them more time to stock up on the other region's cartridges while still making some new income. But another part of me says it probably would have been released Q2 regardless so Nintendo can make a better profit in the next fiscal year.

I'm not sure what to think about the stock issues. Part of me thinks that this has effected the release in other parts of the world..maybe the release in Korea gives them more time to stock up on the other region's cartridges while still making some new income. But another part of me says it probably would have been released Q2 regardless so Nintendo can make a better profit in the next fiscal year.
Well I think Nintendo aren't releasing it is because they don't wanna effect the Wii U sales... :|

Has anyone tried to go to the ima village from the Direct by typing in the name (the mayor's also called ima in english not hira or kata) at the dream mansion? It's the house with the cool Nintendo patterns in the streetpass bit. If anyone could get the code for it, I would be grateful forever.

Has anyone tried to go to the ima village from the Direct by typing in the name (the mayor's also called ima in english not hira or kata) at the dream mansion? It's the house with the cool Nintendo patterns in the streetpass bit. If anyone could get the code for it, I would be grateful forever.

Not yet, but I can try it later. I have visitor's in my town at the moment.

Back