Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori

Lyle sets up a day that Redd will come each week. He also sells you insurence just in case Redd sells you a fake painting or you get a bee sting.

AOTS said:
Lyle sets up a day that Redd will come each week. He also sells you insurence just in case Redd sells you a fake painting or you get a bee sting.
when do you get the money from bee stings

:p i got stung right after i got insurance

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
AOTS said:
when do you get the money from bee stings

:p i got stung right after i got insurance
I sometimes get 100 bells later in the day, sometimes the next day.

LIQUEFY! said:
AOTS said:
Have you had anything unusual happen to you when wearing a hat (any hat)?
No, I haven't noticed anything, yet.
Ok, Bul has reported that the explorer hat gets you better fish and Mario from Nsider reported that the King Tut hat makes you fall down a lot.

Thanks to biocat at GameFAQs, regarding Mario items:

"There's 6 items you can download total. I was only able to get 5 of them but will try for the last today. Here's what I got:

"fire bar" - A block with a bar of fire that turns. Plays Super Mario castle music!
"turtle shell" -green turtle shell. Has sound effect if used.
"mushroom" -red mushroom. Has sound effect if used.
"star" -flashes and plays Super Mario star power music!
"coin" -flashes. Has sound effect if used.

They're pretty awesome! If you come by my town you can check them out! I'll also try to get some extras for people outside of Japan."

OMG, I just had the coolest experience, visiting a town of a Japanese player.

I have no idea who they are; we registered each other because I was visiting the town of a player from Boston. He met the guy through a Japanese forum.

Anyway, his Gate was open, so I visited. His town is perfect! I swear he clearcut, then planted trees that are never in the way. He put down a red brick sidewalk everywhere to get from building to building; all at right angles, never any kind of diagonal. There are flowers everywhere! The layout is beautiful!

His second floor is full of Mario items! Very cool! He gave me a Mushroom as a present! All I could/can say in Japanese is "arigato!"

He's visiting my town. I rush to find something to give him in return (Japanese so like presents (both give & receive)), all I could offer was my four leaf clover. Anyway, it seems he was anxious to sell his fruit at my Tanuki's (he's making multiple visits, lol!) and buy my axe.

I'm sure you would be impressed with his town!

my town will be pretty cool when i'm finished... not like a big garden like his, but i'm planning on having some pretty cool stuff. : )

Well, I finally dug up the red turnip that I bought & planted on December 4 (or maybe it was on November 27). I've watered it every day since. Tanuki will give me 16,000 bells for it. Folks have been getting that much for a red turnip planted for a much shorter time, so I think 16k is the maximum you can get for a red turnip.

Pics of Monko, courtesy of my friend in Japan:

monkoside.jpg

monkofront.jpg

monkobackblurry.jpg

She's got the eyepatch; I'm in the orange knit hat.

I think there are six additional animal villagers not listed in the ACWW guide based on the list of animal pics in this hacked list:

http://www.aibohack.com/nds/aclist.htm

4A18="Champ's pic"
4A1C="Nana's pic"
4A20="Simon's pic"
4A24="Tammi's pic"
4A28="Monty's pic"
4A2C="Elise's pic"

I just got a "Merry Christmas" letter from Nintendo with a Mario Theme 1UP Mushroom attached as a present after someone visited my town.

Near New Year's Eve, a Flagpole was attached to letters from Nintendo.

It looks like the rest of the Mario Theme is available to download from February 2 to February 19:

Here

Also, a friend has seen the Blue Falcon and Pikmin in ODnM. I'm not sure if they were "hacked" or made available "legitimately."

so wait, japan is getting more from the game than us?

or is ours to come or something? sure hope so >_>

Back