• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Old New Leaf Town Tune Maker - CLOSED (Please go to New Horizons Island Tune Maker!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is "Red Velvet (Russian Roulette) [Instrumental]":

A-A-A-A-
A-A-A-A-

All the high notes or all the low notes will work. I suspect that perhaps you meant to link a different video, since the one in your link is a karaoke version, so you can't hear the melody at all, just the background instrumentation. If that's the case, please link a different video, and I'll be happy to make a new town tune for you.

OH HECK, WRONG LINK!! Sorry!
Here's the right one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QslJYDX3o8s
The part from 0:29 or 0:44.

Here's the non-karaoke "Red Velvet 레드벨벳 '러시안 룰렛 (Russian Roulette)' MV":

B-BAGG--
EG--EDDCB

Low E, all other notes high. The last note didn't quite fit, so you can adjust the song how you like, whether you trim some off of the beginning or the end, or if you change the timing by removing one of the sustain lines.

Here is "OFF - Ost - 04 Pepper Steak":

CGAG----
CGAG----

All the high notes or all the low notes will work.

Could you do this song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOGHjMRgNW8 ? I'm terrible at recognizing music notes to do this type of thing myself lol, also I totally scared the heck out of myself because my iPad volume was all the way up and I wasn't planning to click play on the song but it played anyway and I didn't expect it lol

Here is "Pokemon D/P Music - Lake Acuity/Verity/Valor":

EBDACGBF
AEGEDFA-

E and the second D are low. First D and all other notes are high. This song was very tricky, so my town tune may not be completely accurate. If you'd prefer a different song or a different part of the same song, just let me know, and I can make another one for you.

Here is "Junjou Romantica Opening 1 Eng and jap lyrics":

E--EE-E-
D--DF-E-

All the low notes.

could you try to do Megalo Strike Back (the video may claim it's an undertale song, but it's actually earthbound related...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6erGiKR7TY pretty much any recognizable part of the song (if there are any) that translate well into town tune format, just go with that... if you can't manage it, forget that song and try to make this one a town tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Miwq1Agavg but with a bit that's recognizable that you find that works, but doesn't sound too much like undertale's Megalovania... i don't want to seem like undertale trash when i'm actually earthbound (albeit the Halloween hack by the guy who made UT, but whatever) trash. but if you can't, i guess i will be fine with looking up earthbound acnl town tunes on google... Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Here is "Megalo Strike Back":

F---Azzz
E---Azzz

All the low notes. And I'm aware that this song, while not in Undertale, was composed by Toby Fox, who did compose the music for Undertale (and did most of everything else for it as well), and it shares his musical idiosyncrasies, which I'll go into more detail about regarding "Megalovania."

Unfortunately, the most recognizable part of "Megalovania" has a combination of sharps and flats that is impossible to recreate accurately in a town tune. I can do this part, though:

F--FF-F-
F-D-D---

Low D.

A lot of Undertale's music is hard to do as town tunes, because Toby Fox loves having lots of sharps and flats in his compositions, but some of them work, or at least parts of some of them work, so let me know if you'd like me to try something else.

And I have an Undertale reference in my signature photo, if you were curious about my opinion on Undertale. ^o^;>

thanks for trying to do Megalovania, and I had to hunt for songs that I couldn't find as town tunes other places that I thought would be at least a little easier, but since i asked for a "recognizable" bit from both(did i ask for a recognizable bit from Megalo Strike Back? my memory seems to be a bit fuzzy (pickles!) on that info,) and i chose the songs that i chose because they are (if i remember correctly) both from an earthbound halloween hack or something... i'm not sure on Megalo Strike Back, but I'm positive Megalovania (the earthbound edition, at least) was from Toby's Halloween Hack of EarthBound. i don't HATE UT, it's literally barely beat by first place, so it's second place on my list of favorite RPGs, first place obviously being EarthBound, which i just recently started to play the 3ds virtual console version of recently, and enjoy both EarthBound and UT immensely, so i am not judging, it's just UT isn't really my number one favorite anymore, retiring to second place, where it'll probably safely rest with its successor, Deltarune, resting snugly in third.) but never mind my opinion. thanks again! I truly appreciate your hard work!
EDIT: i just noticed that your avatar (is that what the picture for an account is called on this site?) is Wilson from Klei Entertainment's Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together. just something that just caught my eye randomly as i was thinking that the megalo strike back wouldn't really sound like megalo strike back because ACNL would need a WAY more complex, and therefore less noob-friendly, town tune thing to make it sound anywhere near that song. and sadly, the megalovania one sounds like it could be from any of the three different Megalovanias, so if i used that town tune, there'd be people who hate UT telling me to kill myself, saying that megalovania is trash, and then there'd be the homestuck fandom, which would pretty much start freaking out over the fact that it's "the wrong megalovania", and finally there'd be the earthbound fans, who'd probably say it sounds "too generically Megalovania" and then part of the UT fandom would ruin my life with their crummy sans memes, and saying "sans is ness" which is the worst UT fan theory ever, imho.

Last edited:
Here is "Neru - Let's drop dead feat. Kagamine Rin & Kagamine Len":

AG--EFED
CG---zzz

A and first G are high, second G and all other notes are low.

And, CatsNoGoMeow, yes, that is Wilson as my avatar. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any town tune requests? I'm always taking them, and anyone can make as many requests as they like.

Oh! I do!
More Kirby songs, but I have to find a nice part of the songs first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back