• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

One of my trees is a nudist.

Hey, that guy is me in the photo!

On topic.. I'm quite sure it isn't a glitch. Shaking (what was left of) the tree had it's own audio effect. Like creaking wood when you shake it. It's likely something to do with delicious fruit bearing trees or maybe some trees lose their leaves in the fall/winter when you shake them. Probably the first theory though.

It'd make sense to keep the delicious fruit trees more rare.

I think it is really because is fall and winter is approaching. I remember that even in the official winter art of the game the big tree of the town is completely leafless.

I think it is really because is fall and winter is approaching. I remember that even in the official winter art of the game the big tree of the town is completely leafless.

Exactly, especially that it made a distinct and distuinguishable (is that a word?) sound. Glitches have those static sound.

ok i think we have established now that it isnt a glitch

tumblr_m5n0akZwr21ruh6awo1_500.jpg

That's really interesting. Guess I'll make a blog post about it.

To reinforce that it is a feature and not a glitch I would like to point out that the branches don't look like there bugged and you don't normally see them on the tree completely so why would they texture and make the 4 branches apart of the trunk if you would never end up completely seeing them.

I think it's more likely to be with delicious fruit being numbered than losing leaves in the fall - cause otherwise wouldn't more trees be losing the leaves rather than just one lone one? Idonno.

I certainly hope this is just a feature of delicious fruit trees and not a matter of the trees losing leaves in the winter. If all the trees lose their leaves I wont be able to shake items or bees out of them! D:

Plus I'm pretty sure we've seen winter screenshots before the game was released where trees were still covered in leaves.

Do we know how the symbol-tree-stumps come up? maybe it has something to do with that

Also i saw a screenshot with two of those trees, i even posted it in the information thread but i think no one but me could actually open that link^^ i dont know why though...

Woah Ozzie! Whose town is that? Yours? I thought one looked cool but a whole town... It's a lot!

no its not mine i dont have the game since i cant read any japanese :(
but i am too curious and found that screenshot in a japanese forum, dont know to whom this belongs

Oh my lord!!!

It felt like a fire went through your town!

I hope HOPE it dosent happen to my town....

Oh noes the trees have all caught the leaf shedding disease! Save us, sloth guy!

I really hope that not all the trees do that. ): The leafless tress look really ugly to me.

I'm interested in the shape of the trees, I heard there are still 'dead spots' where trees won't grow but they look symmetrical! I hope trees will just grow anywhere so it's easier to make designs with them.

View attachment 1966

Haha call yourself lucky that only one of your trees lost its leaves ;D

Oh wow! xD
Now I'm tempted to create my own dead tree garden.

I'm glad it's not a glitch and that I didn't chop my tree down. :)

I've changed my town around a lot in the past couple of days, so it took me some time to remember that the tree that lost its leaves in my town was the first delicious orange tree I planted.
It's given all that it had to give.

Last edited:
Back