• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Paid DLC is inevitable and I am EXCITED

It wasn't a tantrum.
It was a valid response to you posting "paid DLC is inevitable".

I also never cussed at you.

I posted an exclaimation that wasn't directed at anyone.

Last edited:
How about you all stop singling me out.
Move on.

It wasn't a tantrum.
It was a valid response to you posting "paid DLC is inevitable".
Move on.

I have replied to almost every single response on this forum... Literally no one is singling you out at all. I am literally only replying because you are making very exaggerated and emotional responses because I, a random person on the internet, BELIEVES that Nintendo will include DLC in a game. Going as far as to say I am the reason you will not be getting it because I posted a speculation thread based on a trend Nintendo has been following ......

Sounds to me like you're the one who needs to move on lol... I'm just trying to be excited and bring some type of positivity into the subforum instead of complain about it all o uo;; you're the one throwing out curse words and making grand assumptions/rude remarks for no reason at all.

I don't complain at all.

I voice concerns like many others.

No need for you to attack my character either.
I'm a decent person.

I don't complain at all.

I'm a decent person.

You said in another thread I am the reason you will no longer get animal crossing, which is apparently the one thing you have been looking forward to, have made MULTIPLE rude remarks including for me to move on from a topic I created and you blew out of porportion, cursed because of my speculation, created an escalation in a thread that was supposed to be a positive outlook on a feature not even confirmed, and have gotten mad at me because I replied to a post you weren't done editing??? Then say you don't complain when you literally made it clear you were??
No.
I'm getting a mod this is ridiculous and unnecessary.

I don't complain at all.

I'm a decent person.

I feel you're being defensive. Nobody has singled you out, attacked your character or questioned your decency. Maybe you're just letting off some steam and on reflection you'll realise you've over-reacted somewhat.

I don't complain at all.

I'm a decent person.

To me at least...it seems like you complain about everything that has been shown about the game. Which isn’t much at all. It seems like you don’t like anything about it. Which is fine. It’s your opinion. Don’t get the game since you seem to not like anything it has to offer.

Last edited:
I can see why some may feel apprehensive towards paid DLC. I've played The Sims since around The Sims 2, and DLC (known as expansions in that game) have been a big part of its pricing model. Unfortunately, with EA at the helm, it's been a train-wreck with The Sims 4. A rushed, unfinished game released too early, paid expansion packs which are lacking in quality, over-saturation of different DLC pack types, and so on really spoiled the whole game for so many, including myself. It's sad to see how the game turned into such a mess. However, that's on EA, not the DLC model. Just look at Witcher 3. That's DLC done right.

Even after witnessing EA take DLC from a good thing to a bad one, I still would put enough faith in Nintendo to do it right. Splatoon 2 and BOtW both had very nice approaches to paid DLC. As for Pokemon, re-releasing the same game with small upgrades is something of the past when the tech we have now wasn't around. It's mutually better for Nintendo and us, the consumer, to expand the game we have with more areas, Pokemon, etc. for half the price.

Some may say "it's not Animal Crossing," but neither was crafting, diverse skin tones, path creation, accessories, being the mayor... you get the gist. For me, one of the most important aspects of Animal Crossing is the community, and it unfortunately dies out rather fast without a stream of new content coming in. DLC would certainly address that, while also giving fans who play offline plenty of more goals and gameplay itself to enjoy. It's taking longer and longer for them to release new main titles, and I'd prefer it that way with some paid DLC breathing life into the current titles as opposed to a rushed mess of a sequel or a recycled game like City Folk.

I can see why some may feel apprehensive towards paid DLC. I've played The Sims since around The Sims 2, and DLC (known as expansions in that game) have been a big part of its pricing model. Unfortunately, with EA at the helm, it's been a train-wreck with The Sims 4. A rushed, unfinished game released too early, paid expansion packs which are lacking in quality, over-saturation of different DLC pack types, and so on really spoiled the whole game for so many, including myself. It's sad to see how the game turned into such a mess. However, that's on EA, not the DLC model. Just look at Witcher 3. That's DLC done right.

Even after witnessing EA take DLC from a good thing to a bad one, I still would put enough faith in Nintendo to do it right. Splatoon 2 and BOtW both had very nice approaches to paid DLC. As for Pokemon, re-releasing the same game with small upgrades is something of the past when the tech we have now wasn't around. It's mutually better for Nintendo and us, the consumer, to expand the game we have with more areas, Pokemon, etc. for half the price.

Some may say "it's not Animal Crossing," but neither was crafting, diverse skin tones, path creation, accessories, being the mayor... you get the gist. For me, one of the most important aspects of Animal Crossing is the community, and it unfortunately dies out rather fast without a stream of new content coming in. DLC would certainly address that, while also giving fans who play offline plenty of more goals and gameplay itself to enjoy. It's taking longer and longer for them to release new main titles, and I'd prefer it that way with some paid DLC breathing life into the current titles as opposed to a rushed mess of a sequel or a recycled game like City Folk.

Yeah that's what always upset me with the sims. I love being able to make families and homes but they make every single feature a dlc. :c like yeah you can have kids but in order to do anything with them you need to pay another $15. And if you want hair that is for POC another $20 must be paid. EA is evil ;;

Nintendo has had a pretty good track record in my opinion with DLC which is why I am so excited. I've honestly loved how creative they have been with the games for the switch and how progressive they have become with new horizons as opposed to the differences between city folk and wild world. They are pretty behind in the whole dlc, paid online, etc. Trends compared to Xbox and playstation so I don't see them becoming problematic with it at all just yet if ever.

To me at least...it seems like you complain about everything that has been shown about the game. Which isn’t much at all. It seems like you don’t like anything about it. Which is fine. It’s your opinion. Don’t get the game since you seem to not like anything it has to offer.

Voicing a concern isn't complaining.

Anyway. Onwards.

Last edited:
The unnecessary aggression and negativity in this thread needs to stop. If you feel like you can't communicate with others without feeling like they're attacking you when they aren't, take a few minutes away from the forum and come back when you feel more levelheaded. There's always a way to express your opinion in a respectful manner.

I'm fine and I wasn't aggressive.
I always try to be helpful to others, and I am respectful.

It should go both ways.

Last edited:
im really excited to see what dlc animal crossing brings besides the amiibo figures and the overall welcome amiibo update in new leaf (which made the game so much better). Im hoping we get some new events through dlc and more characters, i have made it very clear i want champ back and if i can get him through some dlc (amiibo or online), i definitely will be paying to get him, he is a treasure which should not fo been buried. I really like the original ideas speculated in this thread and i think having a second island would be nice, as you could have more villagers then and more land to decorate. I know that nintendo would do a great job with the DLC as they have already proved it with all the amiibo stuff, as well as in splatoon 2, where the octo expansion gave so much more story mode for those who were interested (i didn't get it cos i suck at story mode, but i watched my friend play it and it looks awesome).

Let's not forget, when it comes to paid DLC, it should provide a new experience. Look at this quote:

"I've had this conversation with a number of our key developers, and their mentality is, 'Reggie, when we sell a game, we want the consumer to feel that they've had a complete experience.'

"Now, in addition, if we want to make other things available, great, and we'll look at that. But we're unwilling to sell a piece of a game upfront and, if you will, force a consumer to buy more later.

The quote basically states that when purchasing a game, you should have the full experience while paid DLC brings a whole new experience. Comparison can be made to Splatoon 2, where free DLC are weapons and changes that improved the already owned game while Octo Expansion brought an entirely new experience in a single player mode without effecting the main experience. You can also point fingers to ACNL Welcome amiibo, where the free DLC improved the already current game.

If we do get DLC, I believe it would be an entire new island package imo. Remember, the title is New Horizons, which is plural. Any new furniture or clothing items would probably free DLC.

Let's not forget, when it comes to paid DLC, it should provide a new experience. Look at this quote:

The quote basically states that when purchasing a game, you should have the full experience while paid DLC brings a whole new experience. Comparison can be made to Splatoon 2, where free DLC are weapons and changes that improved the already owned game while Octo Expansion brought an entirely new experience in a single player mode without effecting the main experience. You can also point fingers to ACNL Welcome amiibo, where the free DLC improved the already current game.

If we do get DLC, I believe it would be an entire new island package imo. Remember, the title is New Horizons, which is plural. Any new furniture or clothing items would probably free DLC.

That's what I'm hoping! New islands to explore would be amazing :) and I love the idea of there being different island packages, never even thought about there being other ones aside from the deserted island.

I'm 99% certain that paid DLC would be taking you away from your island. I can't see it being any other way. Free DLC will be events/items, that type of thing.

The game itself is a new experience.

Yes, and that is why it's 60$.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's what I'm hoping! New islands to explore would be amazing :) and I love the idea of there being different island packages, never even thought about there being other ones aside from the deserted island.

Yes, plus it always stuck me as odd that the title is New Horizons not New Horizon.

It's $80 here.

Cool Beans.
WCB_logo_rev-e1556662448636.png

Back