• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Paths or no paths?

Kamehime

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So, at this point many of us are starting to access the QR code features. Are you planning on laying out paths throughout your town? And for those of you that are already doing it, what sort of difficulties are you coming across?

I haven't played City Folk, so I didn't realize until now that paths do not lay well on horizontal bridges. D: That and the fact that my neighbors are all clustered together in one area of my map makes path layout rather difficult in my town. I may tackle this project later on...

I didn't place paths in my towns on my other games, but I will be doing so this time around. I think they (usually) make the town look better and can really pull the whole town together and make it look like a whole. If that makes sense. :/

I will want to put down paths as soon as the option becomes available to me. It does make the town seem more like a town and less like a campsite. Hahaha

Previously I was an ACCF fan, so I laid down extensive paths the first night I had ACNL. I can't help it, I like paths! :D I did not use QR codes because I like making my own designs, even if less fancy.

As for paths on horizontal bridges, or any bridges, I just lay down a path that extends up to the bridge but not onto it.

I'm currently adding paths in right now (I add a few each day) and the only thing is that it is verytime consuming. Other than that, I'm glad I made the decision to add them!

I never do paths or "town" layouts until I have achieved a perfect town, and by then I do all kinds of experimenting and fun stuff. but I'm still a little ways away from that point in this game. but when I do I plan to make my own, like I did in WW and CF

Yes, I've already laid out a path, and this is the first day with my QR code machine. It's main purpose is so that I don't have to worry about the grass wearing out so much, because it's kind of stressful. Plus the path I chose is cute, and paths help keep everyone's town from looking the same.

I like my town to look natural and random, so I'm waiting for some of the grass to wear away more and then I'll make sure to stick to running certain paths between the most worn bits and develop a natural dirt path.

Laying down patterns isn't going to happen in my towns, I dislike their rigid squareness.

I decided to lay down paths for the first time in an ac game. Last weekend I did them and just used a simple design for the pattern as a placeholder. Today I got the qr code machine so I scanned a cute path pattern and saved it over my simple design. All the paths converted to the new design so it was no extra work for me. I think it looks great and I'm happy with it so far. I used a design that required one qr code and blended nicely with each other.

When you lay paths, is it possible for fossils and stuff to appear under them? That's the deciding factor for me. I've seen some amazing paths, but I don't want to be missing out on spots to dig.

As far as I can tell, having laid down paths on day 1 in my town (laboriously transcribing them by hand ...), fossils do not appear under paths. I've been picking up 4 fossils per day, plus some gyroids since it's been raining.

Thanks Raven, I'll definitely check out some paths then =)
I like these bamboo water garden ones that I've seen on tumblr, they look really awesome.

My game finished downloading at around 2am on June 9th. Since there wasn't really anything to do I designed my path and started laying it down. Extremely simple layout, not too much, and that's how I like it.

I plan on putting down paths. Not because of grass deterioration or anything, i've just never put paths in my town before. I think they make your town look really nice, so I wanna try it out :3!

What sucks about paths is, because I'm so awesomely complicated I like to make things awesomely complicated and I used 9 different designs for the same path. Now I only have 1 design slot left to work with D:

I plan on putting down paths. Not because of grass deterioration or anything, i've just never put paths in my town before. I think they make your town look really nice, so I wanna try it out :3!

Thats also my reason for adding paths.. They just look fabulous if done right!

So, since I'm new to the game series entirely, I have some questions. Is the only way to build paths through materials or are there actual path pieces or something that you can buy somewhere? Also, if I lay out a path, is it possibly for someone to build their house on top of it?

Back