• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Photos from The Observatory

I bought my fiancé one of those telescopes for kids some time ago.. once I had the idea of taking a photo through the lense..
that's the result (it looks so much more clear throught just the telescope, but happy still about my photo!) :giggle:
O36MR8X.jpg

oh i am so jealous of people who can take beautiful pictures of the sky... I don't think I've seen the moon or any stars in months now! because i dont go outside at night Lol

I don't have any pictures of the sky on me at the moment, but I DO have a picture of something used to view the sky... in great detail!

Y3UQtrS.png

Behold, my Orion telescope! I've had this baby for years, ever since I was a kid, and it's still in good condition (have taken exceptional care of it). I plan on using it again this fall once it gets a little less hot. :giggle:
That's no small piece of equipment! Nice, I would love to have one of these.

Amazing photos everyone!
I think I have a few, but I'll need to dig into my photos for them.
I'll post some later today if I have any.

All right, so this photo is from March 2018 in CA. What is that in the sky? It has been bugging me ever since that day. The photo makes the sky look lighter than it actually was.
View attachment 503578
It might be a noctilucent cloud! I saw some back in 2019 and was wondering what it was until I stumbled across a wikipedia page on it this year. This one is even more pronounced than the ones I saw, it’s like a magical trail of fairy dust^^

Here is a gorgeous orange-pink beam my boyfriend and I saw yesterday! (Edit: it’s called a sun pillar!)
D565CAE4-8EF1-488C-936B-86546BABEC51.jpeg

Also, I’m planning on posting more sky pics when I have access to them, so stay tuned!

Oh-em-gee, such gorgeous photos! :love: I'm going to dig my albums for something too!

Last year, my boyfriend and I got to witness Mammatus clouds! I had been wanting to see them for many years and we weren't even trying to find them, lol!

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 5.54.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 5.55.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 5.55.18 PM.png

There was also a humongous double rainbow!
Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 5.57.33 PM.png

Back