• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

From what I’ve gathered, the 2010s were a pretty mixed bag decade for this site. On one hand, there seemed to be a lot of cool events and members. But on the other hand, there were also a lot of bad members, especially some who couldn’t respect opposing opinions, and it was impossible to have civil discussions about things like politics, because if anyone said something slightly against the popular opinion, the non civil people apart of the majority would get mad . Luckily, the people like that don’t use the site anymore. I know I wasn’t here during any of that time period, but it’s still interesting to look back on this site’s history.

Did you know that the odds of a sea turtle reaching adulthood is very low? A sea turtle can lay up to 100 to 200 eggs at once, then she covers the eggs with sand to hide them from any potential predators.
  1. Even before they hatch, some predators, like raccoons, would dig into their nests once they find their nests.
  2. When the eggs hatch, the baby sea turtles, also known as hatchlings, start moving towards the waters. Several of them aren’t lucky, as crabs and seagulls would catch them and eat them before they even make it to the sea.
  3. When they arrive in the sea, they will face new predators. Animals like sharks eat sea turtles.
Our pollutions and poachers are making the odds worse, but most of the turtles die before adulthood because of natural stuff.

From what I’ve gathered, the 2010s were a pretty mixed bag decade for this site. On one hand, there seemed to be a lot of cool events and members. But on the other hand, there were also a lot of bad members, especially some who couldn’t respect opposing opinions, and it was impossible to have civil discussions about things like politics, because if anyone said something slightly against the popular opinion, the non civil people apart of the majority would get mad . Luckily, the people like that don’t use the site anymore. I know I wasn’t here during any of that time period, but it’s still interesting to look back on this site’s history.
this is interesting, how did you get this information? there's hundreds of posts per day, did you scroll back through all of that to over 5 (or more) years ago? seems like a lot of work!

this is interesting, how did you get this information? there's hundreds of posts per day, did you scroll back through all of that to over 5 (or more) years ago? seems like a lot of work!
I just used the search button to find old threads.

Luckily, the people like that don’t use the site anymore. I know I wasn’t here during any of that time period, but it’s still interesting to look back on this site’s history.
Some of them still do. The difference is that they changed for the better. I think the rule against toxic negativity sure has helped. But there were also a lot fewer rules than there are now, hence why the site was a lot worse back then.

One thing I learned by reading the old direct threads is that real money trades haven’t been forbidden from the beginning. They started doing that because some people were asking for real money just to be unfair to others. I also remembered seeing them change the rules to add rules against discrimination, trolling, and crashing others’ trading threads.

Another thing that calmed the community down is that there are more collectibles now. There used to be fewer collectibles back then, hence why even the basic shop collectibles like the chocolate cake had a much higher demand. Now there’s quite a plenty collectibles.

I’m really excited to finish this project for school that we started in November. You have to complete it to graduate high school (not just this grade, but to get your diploma), and I’m finally almost done. All I need to do is write the report on it.

Why is this place so boring lately? HAHAHAH
I feel like I’ve been getting a lot less notifications every time I go on the site recently. I used to get like 25, today I haven’t gotten over 18.
I noticed this too. It feels like I was getting more notifications this passed Summer as opposed to now. I guess less and less people are playing Animal Crossing in general, and thus not using this site either.

I know it will not be until 2027, 2028, or even longer, but I am sure a new Animal Crossing game will bring back some old members as well as prompting new ones to join.

The Nintendo Switch is nearing 140 million units sold. If it sells 20 million more units, which is likely, then it will be the best selling video game console of all time.

Its best selling title, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, has passed the 60 million threshold. That is just as many NES units have been sold. So odd that a Switch port of a Wii U game has sold that many.

I’m also here to inform that ACNH has sold more copies than the rest of the Animal Crossing games combined. Oh, and the top three best selling Pokémon games are Red/Blue, Sword/Shield, and Scarlet/Violet.

I feel like I’ve been getting a lot less notifications every time I go on the site recently. I used to get like 25, today I haven’t gotten over 18.
Maaan, my entire online existence has always been "oh boy, one notification!!!" 😱😀🥰✨☺️🤩🙂🌟 And then it's some automated notice or just an update reminder and I'm like "... oh, nvm." 🙄🥺

Back