• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

Which is better, having the main antagonist be revealed early on or halfway through, or not have them be revealed until the end? If they don’t appear until the end, they can appear more intimidating, but it’s harder to give them character development. It’s possible to both introduce your villain early and make them a threat, so I think that revealing them early might be better here.

So odd that a Switch port of a Wii U game has sold that many.
Well, it makes a lot of sense, considering:

- Most people never owned a Wii U, in fact, some people probably don’t even know the original Mario Kart 8 exists
- It’s the only Mario Kart game on Switch, and Mario Kart is the best selling Mario spin off series
- Nintendo keeps giving it DLC

I like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want Mario Kart 9 on Switch instead.

I was rereading about Céline Dion’s life, specifically her family, and came to the conclusion that her mother was pregnant for around 18 years. She had fourteen children, including twins named Paul and Pauline! Her mom even asked a local priest if she could start taking contraceptives, but he said no and that it was her duty to have children. Her mom even had a cooking show in Quebec at one point.
I knew Celine had a lot of siblings, but I didn’t know she was the youngest of fourteen. I feel bad for her mom in a way, as she didn’t want to keep having children and had her own dreams and ambitions…but they got fulfilled in some form, I suppose.

So the unpopular opinions thread has been locked again. If we can’t have a thread for unpopular opinions, are we allowed to share them here or the General Discussion, or are they forbidden here and there too since they may count as loopholes?

So the unpopular opinions thread has been locked again. If we can’t have a thread for unpopular opinions, are we allowed to share them here or the General Discussion, or are they forbidden here and there too since they may count as loopholes?

I think sharing your opinions, unpopular or otherwise, really just comes down to using some tact and critical thought before you do it. “Am I about to say something that I’m very aware can be inflammatory/insensitive to others, with no intention of having a constructive dialogue?” If yes, probably not worth publicly sharing lol..

The two most controversial opinions of all time:
  • Sweet popcorn is superior to salted popcorn
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising is better than Botw and Totk
I mean, they’re so controversial, they caused an entire thread to be shut down!

Okay, on a serious note, I’m kind of upset about it, but I get why it happened. The mods don’t want a repeat of the last Unpopular Opinions thread.

(I wasn’t here then, but again, search button)

I don't even know what Immortals Fenyx Rising IS, yet I'd still have to agree with that simply because I'm not a Legend of Zelda fan. :LOL:

I posted a couple of times in the old "unpopular opinions" thread, but didn't ever really care to post in (or even browse) the new one (so it doesn't matter to me if that thread got locked, heh).

Okay, on a serious note, I’m kind of upset about it, but I get why it happened. The mods don’t want a repeat of the last Unpopular Opinions thread.

Yeah, it is disappointing that the thread got locked, but let’s move on from the subject. This is how the Miscellaneous chat group thread got locked permanently. I don’t want to see the Random Thoughts thread fall because of a discussion of a currently locked thread.

Disregarding T.I.Y, every upgrade of Nookling Junction resembles the music for its corresponding upgrade of Tom Nook’s Store:
  • The first upgrade uses similar instruments to Nook’s Cranny in all the previous games
  • T&T Mart sounds like Nook ‘n Go in Wild World and City Folk
  • Super T&T has essentially the exact same instruments as Nookway in Wild World and City Folk
  • Finally, T&T Emporium is most similar to Nookington’s in Population Growing
Like I said, T.I.Y isn’t based on any song and it doesn’t have a close equivalent in any previous game, but it really reminds me of Home Depot. No idea why.

Jupiter is very interesting, especially the big red dot that it has. I believe there's a bunch of heavy "storms" there that give it that color. Don't remember all the details though.

I really love astronomy. :blush:
And apparently, that dust storm has been going on for centuries, like 400 years, but it's been theorized that it's actually changing in shape (albeit very very slowly)

I recently learned of the ways humans would die if we were to boldly take that "first step for mankind" on all these planets with extremely harsh environments. The funniest ones were Jupiter and Saturn, as we would just fall infinitely lol because there is no solid ground.

Imagine buying a romance book in the name of 'traditional family values™' only to drop it because of the mention of a same-sex couple on one page while the rest of the story is straighter than me.

This was from an actual Amazon book review.

I just heard that a friend of mine, and also, old former childhood crush, got engaged to his apparent fiancée.

I didn't even know they were dating to begin with, I thought they were best friends.

He was the only person I was truly ever genuinely attracted to, I never felt any kind of romantic attraction whatsoever towards other people.

But I'm happy for them, and I never had the heart to tell him, or anyone else I liked him anyway, because, I figured he would only see me as his friend, even if he didn't have his fiancée, likely because he and I aren't the same age, while his fiancée was born in the same year as he was, so they most likely especially got along even better because of that, even though I have known him longer than I have known her, and I'm never even ready for romantic relationships anyway, because I feel too nervous to do so.

I’ve talked about some SpongeBob episodes I hated when I was younger, but what about the ones I loved? Here’s all the ones I can remember:
  • Ripped Pants
  • Pickles
  • SB-129*
  • Sleepy Time
  • Suds
  • Dying for Pie
  • Christmas Who?
  • Band Geeks
  • Sailor Mouth*
  • The Algae’s Always Greener
  • Wet Painters
  • Chocolate with Nuts
  • Just One Bite*
  • Idiot Box
  • Skill Crane
  • Dunces and Dragons*
  • Best Day Ever
  • Boat Smarts
  • Good Ol’ Whatshisname
  • Waiting
  • Roller Cowards
  • The Krusty Plate*
  • Pest of the West
  • A Life in a Day*
  • Truth or Square
  • The Inside Job
  • Back to the Past
  • Gary in Love
  • The Man Drain
  • Sponge-Cano!
  • The Abrasive Side*
  • Earworm
  • Sentimental Sponge
  • Frozen Face-Off
  • The Googly Artiste
  • For Here or to go
  • It’s a SpongeBob Christmas!*
  • Don’t Look Now
  • Patrick! The Game
  • Sharks vs. Pods*
  • Mimic Madness
  • Krusty Catering*
  • The Legend of Bookini Bottom*
*was my favorite episode of the season

It was about season 10 or 11 when I stopped watching, not because I grew out of the show or cartoons, but because I just stopped watching TV in general at that time. Until we got streaming. But that’s not important. Out of all of those, I still like every episode except Best Day Ever, Waiting, Truth or Square, Sentimental Sponge, and Sponge-Cano! Everything else, I still like, but some of it I either like more, the same, or a little less. Here’s what my favorites are now:
  • Bubblestand
  • Ripped Pants
  • Naughty Nautical Neighbors
  • Boating School
  • Pizza Delivery
  • Pickles
  • SB-129*
  • Sleepy Time
  • Suds
  • Rock Bottom
  • Dying for Pie
  • Squidville
  • Christmas Who?
  • Shanghaied
  • Frankendoodle
  • The Secret Box
  • Band Geeks
  • Sailor Mouth*
  • The Algae’s Always Greener
  • Just One Bite*
  • Nasty Patty
  • Idiot Box
  • Snowball Effect
  • Can You Spare a Dime?
  • Chocolate with Nuts
  • New Student Starfish
  • I Had an Accident
  • The Camping Episode
  • Krabs vs. Plankton
  • Have You Seen This Snail?
  • Skill Crane
  • Selling Out
  • Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture
  • Krusty Towers*
  • Mrs. Puff, You’re Fired
  • Whale of a Birthday
  • Wishing You Well
  • New Leaf (cue New Leaf main theme)
  • Best Frenemies
  • The Pink Purloiner
  • Friend or Foe
  • Night Light
  • Spy Buddies
  • Boat Smarts
  • Good Ol’ Whatshisname
  • Krabs à la mode
  • Roller Cowards*
  • The Krusty Plate
  • BlackJack
  • The Inmates of Summer
  • Pest of the West
  • The Battle of Bikini Bottom
  • A Life in a Day
  • The Slumber Party
  • SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One
  • Porous Pockets
  • Grandpappy the Pirate
  • Sand Castles in the Sand*
  • Single Cell Anniversary
  • The Curse of Bikini Bottom
  • Squidward in Clarinetland
  • Back to the Past
  • Gary in Love
  • Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle
  • Enchanted Tiki Dreams
  • The Abrasive Side*
  • Earworm
  • Perfect Chemistry
  • The Hot Shot
  • Frozen Face-Off
  • The Googly Artiste
  • Planet of the Jellyfish
  • InSPONGEiac
  • Treats!
  • For Here or to go
  • It’s a SpongeBob Christmas!*
  • Patrick-Man!*
  • Patrick! The Game
  • The Sewers of Bikini Bottom
  • Sharks vs. Pods
  • Bulletin Board
  • Mimic Madness*
  • Krusty Catering
  • Feral Friends
  • The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom*
  • Squid Noir
*current favorite of the season

This took a while to make.

Last edited:
Megamind 2 looks disappointing from the trailer. Why does it have the same quality as the CGI TV shows from 2008?

I'm basically baffled at the dip in quality since I enjoy the first one. Oh well, another one in the long list of great movies with disappointing sequels.

I discovered “BookTube” around a year ago and at the time I found it nitpicky and negative. I watched some newer videos from Reads with Rachel and I no longer feel that way, in fact I find it helpful. I can learn from other authors’ mistakes and readers’ critiques, and what a lot of people like and don’t like in stories.

I write for myself mostly (though I post some stuff on my blog and Wattpad), with two poems published in local magazines, but sometimes I ponder getting a book published one day. I had even submitted some manuscripts a year or two ago, with kind responses telling me they liked the story, but it wasn’t right for them. When I was younger, it was my dream. But as you get older, sometimes you get further away from your dreams. You realize how difficult they can be to achieve.
It is terrifying just to have a book published, everything you created, and all the pressure’s on you. Like at least if you have a poem or story in something, you’re surrounded by other poems and stories. There’s not as much pressure on you individually. I think that’s the best place for me to stay now. I’m quite happy doing what I’m doing and living in the present.

Last edited:

Yeah I definitely didn't want it shut down, despite what was happening. I think it's healthy to be able to express opinions that go against the grain. I didn't think anyone would become aggressively confrontational over seeing unpopular opinions in a thread titled Unpopular Opinions. I just thought that's where we put 'em! I wouldn't have been here when the old thread was around either, so maybe that's why.

Anyway, moving on from all that... will anyone else be watching Tucker Carlson interview Putin? I'm not very familiar with Tucker Carlson myself, probably due to being British. But this is pretty significant and should at least be interesting.

*DISCLAIMER* Just in case this needs to be said: This does not mean I support Putin. Or even Tucker Carlson for that matter. I just follow major news stories and significant events. I'm interested to see how this goes and wondering if anyone else is.

Back