• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

Yeah I definitely didn't want it shut down, despite what was happening. I think it's healthy to be able to express opinions that go against the grain. I didn't think anyone would become aggressively confrontational over seeing unpopular opinions in a thread titled Unpopular Opinions. I just thought that's where we put 'em! I wouldn't have been here when the old thread was around either, so maybe that's why.
I know at one time, the What’s Bothering You thread was like this. In fact, there’s a total of three What’s Bothering You threads. The first one was created by an ordinary user solely for others to share their frustrations at the minute. But it ended in a board war that resulted in the thread getting locked with a couple of posts deleted and a few members suspended. And then, we weren’t allowed to have any What’s Bothering You threads on the site for 10 days. When a new one opened, it was made by a moderator, with rules enforced. What’s even crazier is that the original thread got locked twice prior to that board war. So before people fought over unpopular opinions, they fought over others’ vents.

Here’s a fun fact about those unpopular opinion threads. There’s a total of four of them. The one I made was the longest-lived one, with more posts and longer duration of staying open.

I think it’s best not to share controversial opinions on this site, whether it’s on a thread made for it or on any other thread. Especially if it’s over a more touchy issue (like political correctness), if you’re spreading misinformation or conspiracy theories about a serious issue (like Trump’s false election claims), or if you’re supporting a human rights violation (like racial discrimination). This also includes discussion of past drama, drama from site events or other threads, and off-site drama related to this site. While they aren’t against the rules to discuss them, they are bound to start a fight, and that is against the Rules and Guidelines. I know the site already forbids discussion of other members negatively for this very reason.

I know at one time, the What’s Bothering You thread was like this. In fact, there’s a total of three What’s Bothering You threads. The first one was created by an ordinary user solely for others to share their frustrations at the minute. But it ended in a board war that resulted in the thread getting locked with a couple of posts deleted and a few members suspended. And then, we weren’t allowed to have any What’s Bothering You threads on the site for 10 days. When a new one opened, it was made by a moderator, with rules enforced. What’s even crazier is that the original thread got locked twice prior to that board war. So before people fought over unpopular opinions, they fought over others’ vents.

Here’s a fun fact about those unpopular opinion threads. There’s a total of four of them. The one I made was the longest-lived one, with more posts and longer duration of staying open.

I think it’s best not to share controversial opinions on this site, whether it’s on a thread made for it or on any other thread. Especially if it’s over a more touchy issue (like political correctness), if you’re spreading misinformation or conspiracy theories about a serious issue (like Trump’s false election claims), or if you’re supporting a human rights violation (like racial discrimination). This also includes discussion of past drama, drama from site events or other threads, and off-site drama related to this site. While they aren’t against the rules to discuss them, they are bound to start a fight, and that is against the Rules and Guidelines. I know the site already forbids discussion of other members negatively for this very reason.
You could piss people off faster by talking about Kpop or Taylor Swift.

I noticed that some of the information on the Animal Crossing wikis is incorrect.

For example. The Birthday page. It states that in the Game Cube version, the villager you have the highest friendship with will be the one to greet you at your doorway (with an NES game) - and in City Folk, a random villager greet you (with a cake).

As someone who played both of these games on my birthday at least once, I can confirm that it is actually the other way around. For Game Cube, it is a random villager, and for City Folk, it is the villager you have the highest friendship with.

I played the Game Cube version on my birthday in 2012 (I turned 14 that year). And I played City Folk on my birthday in 2012, 2013, and 2015.

In 2012, my favorite villager and best friend in GC, WW, and in CF at the time was Static. However, Poncho was the one to greet me at my doorway in the Game Cube version, despite him (Poncho) and I having a low friendship...and Static and I having a high one. In fact, Static didn't even send me a letter, as I remember. :cautious:
However, Static was the one to greet me at my doorway in City Folk :) (and in WW, but this is mostly about GC and in CF).

As for City Folk in 2013 and 2015, Ankha and Astrid respectively were the ones to greet me, both of whom where my favorites and best friends in those towns at those given times.

Another example is the Bright Nights page. It is said to start on the second Monday of February, when it actually occurs on the first Monday of said month. I am actively playing Wild Wild, which I do not time travel anymore - and am currently in Bright Nights, so I can confirm that page also has some errors.

Speaking of Bright Nights, this is honestly a cute event, NGL. I know Wild World doesn't get the best rep for its holidays, but I do think this event and Yay Day are pretty cute. I discovered today that the villagers will acknowledge that you voted for them during Bright Nights. 💕 Apollo told me he owed me a root beer or something along those lines. 😆💖

I also read on the wiki that the winning villager may give you something at the end of the bright nights event, but I have played through this event before (albeit, via TT) and I do not remember this.

Also, I was today years old when I realized Ricky was absent in City Folk. All these years, I thought he was only absent in Wild World until I stumbled upon a thread on another site about it. I mean, I never really cared for him, so I am not upset or anything, but it feels like I have been living a lie these past 10+ years. o_Oo_Oo_O

I think I might be going insane... 🥴🥴🫠🫠

Last edited:
They really ought to remake the original Clock Tower for the SNES and bring it stateside. Was quite an effective horror game.

I feel like the world would be a more civil place if people just kept their political opinions and views to themselves. Especially if you’re a celebrity, what reason is there for people to know who you support or voted for in the election?? You aren’t going to gain any fans since the people who want to follow you would’ve already done so, so there’s only a loss here. You’ll lose fans if they support the opposing side.

I wouldn’t start supporting a certain celebrity because we share a few political views if I don’t like what they’re doing enough to have followed them in the first place. If I were going to follow them, I would have done so already so why publicize things that only have the potential to hurt you? Maybe celebrities love drama and stirring the pot? I would not know since I don’t follow any celebrities.

Just keep these things to yourself.

I think I’m just stupid, but I had no idea that when you play Never Have I Ever, you’re supposed to say things that you haven’t done before. Because in the thread for the game on this site, I’ve said things I actually have done.

Also, I think I started that second sentence with a preposition.

I saw someone say that they like Little Yellow Book, because it’s Squidward being a jerk towards SpongeBob but he gets punished for it. That’s all that torture episodes were missing. Having the character being tortured do something to warrant the abuse, or have the torturer be punished somehow. So why is this episode the most hated of the season if Squidward gets what he deserved, while something like The Camping Episode is praised? At first, I actually didn’t know, but I think it boils down to these things:
  • Squidward is still happy while getting his karma. In fact, he’s so happy, he continues doing the thing he was doing to torture SpongeBob (that being reading his personal diary) making it not feel satisfying, and also making SpongeBob cry even more. If the character doesn’t feel like they’re in pain, then there’s no catharsis
  • The Bikini Bottomites also read SpongeBob’s diary, but none of them get any comeuppance. In fact, they’re actually the ones who are delivering the comeuppance. Again, it’s not satisfying, because most of the people who participated get off scot-free
  • Finally, what Squidward does really cruel. He knows how terrible it is, and he doesn’t care. He’s done some pretty bad things to SpongeBob, like in Dying for Pie, but there, he feels horrible. Here, as previously established, he’s straight up happy reading his diary while in stocks in front of the town and being pelted with tomatoes
The best part about this episode is the Mocking SpongeBob meme. As for the worst part, uh…

But the most interesting part is the fact that Squidward was the character people felt bad for the most during seasons 6-8, and SpongeBob was probably the most hated character during that time period along with Patrick, but in this episode, they made Squidward completely unlikable, and not in a way where you love to hate him. You just hate him.

But the most interesting part is the fact that Squidward was the character people felt bad for the most during seasons 6-8, and SpongeBob was probably the most hated character during that time period along with Patrick, but in this episode, they made Squidward completely unlikable, and not in a way where you love to hate him. You just hate him.
There was an episode (forgot exactly what it was named but it was from around this period and had “neighbors” in the name) that involved Squidward’s house destroying Bikini Bottom due to a security system gone haywire. The plot is ridiculous, but I loved the amount of times Squidward would get angry at the two for annoying him so much. The best reaction was at the end which sums up my real life attitude. Squidward is calm at first, shushes SpongeBob, then yells “GET OUT OF MY HOUSE” in the most aggressive way possible. And yeah, all three of them are required to serve lifetime community service sentences.

There’s likeable character moments throughout those seasons, though definitely not as many as with seasons 1-3 (and some of 4-5).

I am so happy about the new celebrate and hug reactions! More positive ones that are diverse enough to mean different things. I feel these ones are good because they'll be less likely to be abused, unlike the laughing/haha reaction

I am so happy about the new celebrate and hug reactions! More positive ones that are diverse enough to mean different things. I feel these ones are good because they'll be less likely to be abused, unlike the laughing/haha reaction
At the same time, I still want my apple reacts.

The two most controversial opinions of all time:
  • Sweet popcorn is superior to salted popcorn
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising is better than Botw and Totk
I mean, they’re so controversial, they caused an entire thread to be shut down!

Okay, on a serious note, I’m kind of upset about it, but I get why it happened. The mods don’t want a repeat of the last Unpopular Opinions thread.

(I wasn’t here then, but again, search button)
I was kind of disappointed since I wanted to post how I hate those little foil seals on jars. They usually never come off for me in one piece. I always take it apart in pieces lol.

I remember browsing video games on Epinions.com back in 2002-03. Unfortunately, this website doesn't exist anymore :(

epinions-com-2003.png

Yep, this is exactly as I remember it! Swell times.

Saying I've been writing stories for like 20+ years just feels so unreal. I started back in the late 90's after a class assignment for writing (I since forgot what it was for though.)
But at the time, the stories were more like fanfics..something I didn't know until I started using the internet more in the early 2000's (But at school, because we didn't really have internet or a computer anymore since my mom may have accidentally gave it a virus.)

Last edited:
Two of my friends at school and I were having a very serious argument about a very serious topic. The topic is… how do you pronounce “gif”? With a “j” at the beginning, or with a “g” sound? I thought it was pronounced with a j, and my two friends thought it was g. We went around asking people what their side was. Unfortunately, my side ended up losing by a landslide, but trust me when I say this is extremely important and consequential. But I refuse to turn to the Dark Side and submit. I actually did think it was with a g before, but then my cousin told me it was pronounced with a j, and I kept doing that ever since.

There was an episode (forgot exactly what it was named but it was from around this period and had “neighbors” in the name) that involved Squidward’s house destroying Bikini Bottom due to a security system gone haywire. The plot is ridiculous, but I loved the amount of times Squidward would get angry at the two for annoying him so much. The best reaction was at the end which sums up my real life attitude. Squidward is calm at first, shushes SpongeBob, then yells “GET OUT OF MY HOUSE” in the most aggressive way possible. And yeah, all three of them are required to serve lifetime community service sentences.

There’s likeable character moments throughout those seasons, though definitely not as many as with seasons 1-3 (and some of 4-5).
The episode you’re talking about is called Good Neighbors, but it’s from season 4. I think it’s the episode that started the kind of episode where a character is tortured for no reason, and it’s definitely the first bad episode of the show, though here, episodes like that weren’t that common. Still my least favorite of the season.

People were stupid back in medieval times believing that someone yawning was the sign of the devil 🥱😈 but now, in modern times, people are stupid for all the more ridiculous reasons. It's...ridiculous lolol

I'm gonna preface this by saying it's a pretty common side-effect and doesn't seem like anything to worry about, thank goodness, but ohh gosh I think my new depression meds are making me dizzy. I thought I was just super tired yesterday evening ahaha ;v;
Like that's still 100x better than occasional episodes of soul-crushing despair, but I do hope it goes away once my body gets used to taking it 😵‍💫

Back