• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

I feel extremely happy to know I'm not the only person who thinks killing harmless bugs who are not causing any problems or being a nuisance to anyone is really sad.
Do you think an insect suddenly wants to die when it was minding its own business? Why is it acceptable to randomly kill harmless insects that are not doing anything bad just because you hate bugs? Would you kill another animal or person because you didn't like them? No? Why is it acceptable to treat insects with such malice? Why do bugs deserve to die and all other animal species(Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians and Fish) deserve to live? Insects are living things too and we should treat all of the living things we share the planet with with basic respect, it's not that hard to leave animals alone. Do people not have any empathy for the small creatures we share a home with? Is that why bugs don't deserve to live, because they are small so that makes them worthless?
View attachment 584039
It makes me upset whenever I find Centipedes at the park and I like sitting and watching them crawl on the concrete and people randomly come over and try and stomp on them for no reason 😞 I thought I was being oversensitive by being upset, I'm glad other people feel the same.
I think it is a fear thing and having a lack of spending time with bugs also doesn't help.
I try to keep it in mind, but sometimes I still squish them out of concern about them biting.
On the bright side, there are lots of people who aren't bothered by Lady bugs and a few other bugs. I think it's because they are a familiar bug to them, easy to identify, and are observed more by people. So, if people have more exposure and education about bugs I think less auto squishing would happen.
Also, I noticed the trend of keeping bugs as pets has gone up a little. Like keeping a colony of isopods or a jumping spider. I think as more people enter that hobby, auto squishing will also lessen.
Actually since my fish aquarium, I am learning more about worms and having less of a fear of them as a result. Worms found in tanks sometimes, and different worms fish like to eat. Even black soldier fly larvae which is a type of maggot isn't so scary to me now, because I ended up learning more about them and now I find them kind of interesting. There is a fish food that uses it as a main ingredient in their pellets and I decided to look up how they farmed them because that would take a lot of worms. They like plant matter and have certain behaviors that make it easy for attracting them and capturing them when they are done eating.

Lately I’ve been only killing those invasive lantern flies. They’re literally everywhere in my area to the point the ground is littered with dozens of them smashed by others.

"Yo, we gotta get together soon."

The introvert in me appreciates the fact that someone wants to hang out with me but the introvert in me doesn't feel like hanging out.

I ran into a classmate at Walmart post graduation. He says 'Reach out to me. We'll keep in touch'. We were already friends on social media.

I messaged him. He basically responds with 'K'.

Then later he unfriended me.

I guess he wasn't really expecting me to take him up on his offer and reach out. So when I did he changed his mind.

I ran into a classmate at Walmart post graduation. He says 'Reach out to me. We'll keep in touch'. We were already friends on social media.

I messaged him. He basically responds with 'K'.

Then later he unfriended me.

I guess he wasn't really expecting me to take him up on his offer and reach out. So when I did he changed his mind.
What a tool. Sorry that happened to you :/

I'm certainly not saying I'm gonna blow my friends off like that guy though. I've had people who act like friends in my life then they won't even look at me when I run into them in the store. I've quit wasting my time on people like that though.

How does Edgeworth get accused of three murders in one day???? It's like the only clever thing the game does, messing with the timeline, but it's too absurd. Miles should have a mental breakdown by the third time, it's not like he got a good night's rest.

Some people have no clue how incredibly awkward it is to call someone who's a year younger than them a 'youngin'.
Also depending the time that person was born, it's probably not even a year yet.

Like I don't go around calling one of my brothers, who is a year younger than me a 'youngin'. I also don't with my other brothers. Even if I have two of them that is way younger than me. However, they do call me 'old lady'. 😭

My ref sheet for my MASHLE persona is finished! I can't get over the little chibis she drew of Mash and my OC >< SO CUTE!!!

I saw a compilation on YouTube of 'hunting child predators but they confront the wrong person on accident". Predator hunting has been trendy.

I knew this would happen eventually.

The idea of a vigilante sounds good on paper. Why wouldn't you want these people off the streets?

Some people are unfortunately not that bright. Will end up harming the wrong people as they rush to get clout/views or whatever.

If you've ever seen Dateline, there's way more that goes into a real sting operation than just holding up a camera and screaming at someone.

I'd like to see one of these channels educate viewers and give practical advice about online safety. They have a large viewer base and a platform to do this. None of them seem to care enough and it's disappointing.

I saw a compilation on YouTube of 'hunting child predators but they confront the wrong person on accident". Predator hunting has been trendy.

I knew this would happen eventually.

The idea of a vigilante sounds good on paper. Why wouldn't you want these people off the streets?

Some people are unfortunately not that bright. Will end up harming the wrong people as they rush to get clout/views or whatever.

If you've ever seen Dateline, there's way more that goes into a real sting operation than just holding up a camera and screaming at someone.

I'd like to see one of these channels educate viewers and give practical advice about online safety. They have a large viewer base and a platform to do this. None of them seem to care enough and it's disappointing.
The problem with vigilantes is that they don’t hunt people for simply breaking the law, but they rather hunt people who defy their moral standards. Also, they’re not authorized to carry the duties police officers can do. Chances are, they’ll mess up big time.

Now what do I define as vigilantism? It’s not just putting the law in your own hands, but rather putting anything in your own hands. Like pirating out-of-print video games the distributor with legal rights refuses to distribute. That’s vigilantism.

I remember earlier this year and last year, I decided to make my own “show” that took place entirely in my head and it was based on South Park. That probably sounds kind of cringe and it was a little. It’s basically just the show, but I replaced some of the characters with people I know. Like Kyle was me, Stan and Kenny were based on two kids I’ve been friends with since elementary school, and Cartman was based on someone who I hate irl but he acts like he’s actually friends with me. And everyone else is either vaguely based on someone I know in real life or original. I didn’t write down the episodes anywhere, but I do remember a lot of them and I’m not sharing because I only know one person who would be interested (they probably know who they are) and plus this is making me cringe a lot.

This was just making me wonder if I technically do have OCs, because it’s not the first time I’ve done something like that. They are, by definition, OCs.

Last edited:
There's a stereotype about male friendships starting over seemingly nothing.

Can confirm that I made one of my closest friends online sheerly because I messaged him something like 'yo is that a crobat avatar? crobat is my favorite pokemon'.

Been on and off contact with him for years.

I realized I haven’t done any of those stretches the doctor said I’m supposed to be doing. Probably should start doing that if I don’t want my back to go out by the time I’m 40 years old. 😭

Back