Place your random thoughts.

I'm sorry if you didn't want a reply, but it's absolutely okay to spend money on wants every once in a while. Not every purchase has to be a necessity and you shouldn't feel ashamed for buying something just because you think it's cool.

It's not to say you should go out and purchase every little thing you come across online because you think it'll be cool to have, but it's okay to treat yourself every once in a while. It's possible to treat yourself with things you want while still controlling your spending.

Please don't feel ashamed for wanting to treat yourself to something that's going to make you happy.

I'm sorry if you didn't want a reply, but it's absolutely okay to spend money on wants every once in a while. Not every purchase has to be a necessity and you shouldn't feel ashamed for buying something just because you think it's cool.

It's not to say you should go out and purchase every little thing you come across online because you think it'll be cool to have, but it's okay to treat yourself every once in a while. It's possible to treat yourself with things you want while still controlling your spending.

Please don't feel ashamed for wanting to treat yourself to something that's going to make you happy.
Oh don’t get me wrong; I’d definitely get it if I had the money with me at the moment, but my wasteful spending on other things over the past few months has restricted me from saving up for more meaningful things, such as getting me out of my parents’ house. It doesn’t help that I’m now working less hours compared to last year (I work for a school district).

I’ve been considering a job switch to get my paychecks up, but at the same time I’m comfortable with what I’m already doing now. It doesn’t help that a lot of the good jobs I’m seeing require minimum experience and/or college degrees, neither of which I have (and I definitely do not want to go back to school).

Some thoughts for October 2nd:
  • From what I heard, Hurricane Helene might be worse than the hurricane that hit Galveston in 1900. People are already comparing it to Katrina.
  • I’m using some common features on this site unusually. Like my profile messages, I made one just to post random facts about Christmas in the replies. I also have a private conversation used as a chat group.
  • I read somewhere that the Palworld lawsuit is bad for Nintendo because it could tarnish the company’s reputation.

I've been listening to music now, but I've never written any. As a matter of fact I have yet to learn to play an instrument. Yet during my dream, like right before I wake up, my head ends up completely creating a full song. It's the strangest thing.

I think Nintendo is comfortable with anti consumer practices because they know it's not going to effect the core audience.

They can attack emulator websites or sue Palworld or copyright strike music on YouTube and ultimately the people who normally buy the products are not going to notice or care. It might stir up something online among a vocal minority at best.

Out of the major gaming companies, they market most towards families (or, I hate the word, but 'casual' audience). And it puts them in a position to do whatever they want without impacting the company bottom line.

Me and my partner watched the first episode of Uzumaki. I had no idea what to expect going into it but it's interesting so far. I've never read the manga so it's all gonna be a surprise to me.

I've been lazy with working out this week so far, it needs to change. I have to exercise my arms tonight.

Me and my partner watched the first episode of Uzumaki. I had no idea what to expect going into it but it's interesting so far. I've never read the manga so it's all gonna be a surprise to me.
Oh! I've been trying to watch it yesterday but my internet connection was super laggy so I couldn't watch more than the first minute but I look forward watching the full first episode and the upcoming ones.

Reactions: oak
For some reason they’re teaching us about boundaries in school now. I just think it’s weird that they would take so long to teach us about it. Anyway, I feel like I’m not going to be very good at protecting mine in the future. I already feel like I’m not.

I'm playing a couple of my neighbors games, and I never noticed how cool the disc designs for these GameCube games were.

IMG_20241002_143133765.jpg

If humans ever migrate to mars

I wonder if the phrase will change from "What on earth"? to "What on mars"?
I hope we don't migrate to me
It's neat that we have surface pictures of Mars.

There's an eerieness to how far away and empty it is.

Maybe that's because the planet is still in a totally natural state. We don't have that here on earth.

View attachment 587109
Woah nice picture of me!

I think Nintendo is comfortable with anti consumer practices because they know it's not going to effect the core audience.

They can attack emulator websites or sue Palworld or copyright strike music on YouTube and ultimately the people who normally buy the products are not going to notice or care. It might stir up something online among a vocal minority at best.

Out of the major gaming companies, they market most towards families (or, I hate the word, but 'casual' audience). And it puts them in a position to do whatever they want without impacting the company bottom line.
I will say this though. If they keep tarnishing their reputation among online communities, all they will lose is the ability to break new records like the Switch did. They’re not going to lose business or suffer more failures.

But yes, some of their decisions (as well as Game Freak’s decisions) were unreasonable. Examples:
  • Keeping Super Mario 3D All Stars limited for six months rather than making it a permanent release.
  • Removing red hair as a customization option in Pokémon Sun/Moon.
  • Making ordinances a joke in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
  • Not having themes for the Nintendo Switch.
Now if you ask about Dexit, nerfing of money-making in ACNH, breakable tools, and not having skirt options in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, as unpopular or terrible these decisions are, they were at least reasonable. Like the Dexit issue, Game Freak was pushing past data limitations by having all of the Pokémon. But the fact that these decisions do not sit well with players is already bad enough.

I was hoping to get Julia to move out, but Mitzi just asked me to move. I got her picture and said yes since she was the next one I was going to have move out. The few tines I finally got Julia to have the bubble over her head, she wanted to either sell or give me something or hang out. This is kind of frustrating.

I listened to one of the older Taste Buds podcast (one with Sal from Impractical Jokers) that was “Disney vs. Looney Tunes.” In this debate, Sal took the side of Looney Tunes, while Joe Derosa took the side of Disney. While they both had good points, and I love both franchises and find them nostalgic…I prefer…

Disney!

I know! I was shocked, too. But the older art is really cute and though they’re not really the main stars anymore, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, and Goofy are just more…fun to me. Like they’re just kinda…vibing. And they are timeless for some reason— the Looney Tunes always felt old school, but the Disney gang seemed to adapt to whatever era. Case in point, A Goofy Movie and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas. And Winnie the Pooh is also a nostalgic Disney character. (I know he’s from a book…but my favorite as a toddler lol.)

Idk how else to say it. I love Looney Tunes though, too, so it was a tough choice. (Bugs, Tweety, Porky, and Marvin the Martian are my favorites of those.) I love how they’re cute little characters who end up being violent to each other lol.

Like I said, it’s tough to choose, but I’d have to say Disney.

I sleep in late during depressive episodes.

When I have no desire to wake up the next morning it's like my body eerily obliges by pushing me way past my normal rising time. Otherwise I wake on a very fixed schedule.

Two days in a row I've now slept past 9:00 AM. It's the telltale sign I'm struggling.

Back