Place your random thoughts.

A little thing about music I typed up:

What does music mean to me?

It’s a gateway drug. I can let it put me in any mood I desire. There are moments where I’ll sit alone in my room with little on my mind, and put on some laid-back tunes to generate imaginary memories. For instance, I’m listening to “I Thought” by Bryan Ferry as I type this.

Music can also make me think about stuff I wish I could experience myself, like finding love. I’ve never been the kind of guy to put myself out there, and what holds me back is the fear of getting negative reactions out of people I talk to. While I usually cannot relate to all the love ballads I put on every now and then, one thing is for certain: the good vibes I hear out of them can still put me in a good mood regardless of lyrical content.

I’ve lost friends at a steady rate since graduating high school over five years ago, and the few remaining friends I still had from that period all abandoned me near the end of last year. I’ve been running as a lone wolf since then, and there are moments where I personally feel like random people (or, quite frankly, the whole world) either inexplicably hate my guts or have no interest in attempting to help me out with anything. Even therapists have straight-up ignored me. That’s how bad it’s gotten. Despite this, these long periods of loneliness have actually given me more free time to discover the world of old and oft-forgotten music from the 20th century. I’ve never particularly cared about current music trends, for I have determined that the genuine heart and soul of music comes from all the rock pioneers back in the day. Whether that be artists utilizing then-new techniques or bands blending genres, there is much more to explore other than the same old overplayed shlock heard on the classic rock stations every day. I have my dad to thank for introducing me to the music he grew up with back in his day. If it weren’t for him, I don’t think I’d have as strong of a love for rock music as I do now. Who cares if I don’t follow the general crowd; what matters is that I’ve found what I truly like. I only wish others my age could see what they’re missing out on.

My music library has grown a considerable amount since, and now I’m about to hit the 20,000 song mark. I can safely say that around 90% of those songs are more than a decade old. As much as I’d like to ease back on music discovery and actually try to have a social life again, my heart tells me that this hobby is something I know I can be good at. Music may not help me gain new friends quickly, but darn it, I can’t help but feel good about at all the great old songs I’ve heard in my life thus far.

Music is my best friend. That is what it means to me.

A little thing about music I typed up:

What does music mean to me?

It’s a gateway drug. I can let it put me in any mood I desire. There are moments where I’ll sit alone in my room with little on my mind, and put on some laid-back tunes to generate imaginary memories. For instance, I’m listening to “I Thought” by Bryan Ferry as I type this.

Music can also make me think about stuff I wish I could experience myself, like finding love. I’ve never been the kind of guy to put myself out there, and what holds me back is the fear of getting negative reactions out of people I talk to. While I usually cannot relate to all the love ballads I put on every now and then, one thing is for certain: the good vibes I hear out of them can still put me in a good mood regardless of lyrical content.

I’ve lost friends at a steady rate since graduating high school over five years ago, and the few remaining friends I still had from that period all abandoned me near the end of last year. I’ve been running as a lone wolf since then, and there are moments where I personally feel like random people (or, quite frankly, the whole world) either inexplicably hate my guts or have no interest in attempting to help me out with anything. Even therapists have straight-up ignored me. That’s how bad it’s gotten. Despite this, these long periods of loneliness have actually given me more free time to discover the world of old and oft-forgotten music from the 20th century. I’ve never particularly cared about current music trends, for I have determined that the genuine heart and soul of music comes from all the rock pioneers back in the day. Whether that be artists utilizing then-new techniques or bands blending genres, there is much more to explore other than the same old overplayed shlock heard on the classic rock stations every day. I have my dad to thank for introducing me to the music he grew up with back in his day. If it weren’t for him, I don’t think I’d have as strong of a love for rock music as I do now. Who cares if I don’t follow the general crowd; what matters is that I’ve found what I truly like. I only wish others my age could see what they’re missing out on.

My music library has grown a considerable amount since, and now I’m about to hit the 20,000 song mark. I can safely say that around 90% of those songs are more than a decade old. As much as I’d like to ease back on music discovery and actually try to have a social life again, my heart tells me that this hobby is something I know I can be good at. Music may not help me gain new friends quickly, but darn it, I can’t help but feel good about at all the great old songs I’ve heard in my life thus far.

Music is my best friend. That is what it means to me.
OMG, that was a beautiful read. T_T I wanna add more music now! I can’t believe you got almost 20,000 songs and here I am with only about 300…

Because the event is over, I switched back to my previous aesthetic. I’ll still keep my green user title as a relic of the 2024 championships.

Cannibal Corpse is specifically Death Metal, which is darker, more extreme and inaccessible than regular Heavy Metal. "Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead" is probably the only song of theirs (featuring the original/classic line-up) that deviates from their usual lyrical matter. Why, they even made a video for it! (And it's not really "explicit", either. Guess the band realized that the video had to be "commercial friendly" if they wanted it played on music channels).

I believe that was the first CC song I listened to, since I saw you mention it in another thread. I just remember checking out some of their other albums afterwards and thinking: "...What am I getting myself into." :ROFLMAO:

And as much as I like that song, it doesn't quite compare to "Hammer Smashed Face" or, uh, certain other tracks.

I wonder what voice people read my posts in.
I don't know, but I'm gonna read your posts in Bender's voice from now on.

My favorite form of text structure - Comparison/Contrast. I use that a lot in my blogs.

In fact, here’s how all five forms of text structure apply in my Animal Crossing blogs:
  • Sequence - how I made the towns or when describing game ideas
  • Descriptive - island tours
  • Comparison/Contrast - comparing previous Animal Crossing games
  • Cause/Effect - favorite and least favorite features
  • Problem/Solution - game ideas

Speaking of text structure, game ideas would involve the three types of appeals. Logical appeals would describe the problems and the facts that back the problem (like how the interest rate in ACNH is much lower than previous entries). Ethical appeals would explain how players would play the game and why they wouldn’t agree. And emotional appeals would be talking about the best and worst aspects of the game and how they would experience the game.

Last edited:
My brain when I’m trying to do something important:

Okay, I have to do this or I can do it tomorrow. But it’s better to do it today and get it over with. …there’s so many coinless challenge videos for Mario games. I wonder if you could beat a Sonic game without touching rings. That would be so difficult in 3D games where rings are pretty much everywhere, and if you take damage once you die. Wait, what was I doing again? Oh yeah. Okay, time to actually focus. Actually, no, I’ll go do something else for a few minutes. I’m sure I’ll have time for this later…

Rinse and repeat until it’s night and I haven’t done anything, so I just stop there and leave it for tomorrow. Actually, this just happened the last class I had. I need to stop doing this…

How come I never thought to listen to albums while I'm at school? I get 1-2 free/work periods a day, which is a perfect opportunity to play some albums (assuming they're under an hour long).

Our 5 year old rescue has her ear clipped. Looking into this, apparently it's not uncommon in illegal dog fighting rings.

She has the most gentle temperament. Difficult for me to imagine that cruel reality for her.

Screenshot_20240603-102405.png

Does anyone else still remember those LeapFrog videos from the 2000s? I know I do. My favorites back then were the school one with the frogs and this weird one with the colorful people. I think the last one was called “Sing and Learn with Us!” Or something.

I completely forgot that "Zzyzx Rd." by Stone Sour existed until just now as I was thinking about songs that commence with the letter Z (heck, I didn't even know there was an official video for it). This one's kind of a tearjerker ;_;

I believe that was the first CC song I listened to, since I saw you mention it in another thread. I just remember checking out some of their other albums afterwards and thinking: "...What am I getting myself into." :ROFLMAO:

And as much as I like that song, it doesn't quite compare to "Hammer Smashed Face" or, uh, certain other tracks.

Ha ha, that's funny but great to hear you gave them a shot. "Hammer Smashed Face" was the very first CC song I ever heard (back in the early 2000s), and to this day it's still the one I like the best from them, even though the lyrics are quite violent and grotesque (but I have personally always listened to music for, well, the music itself and not so much the lyrics).

Apricot-flavored brandy, my vape, music, and two fans blowing on me. Ahhh... :cool:

im allowed to sit down, im allowed to sit down, to do things most people do standing :)
I'm allowed to alter the task at hand, to make it less physically demanding :)

I'm not much of a horror game kind of person myself, but I decided to give Indigo Park a try because it was free and looked intriguing. And now that dang raccoon has been living in my head rent-free for several days straight with no signs of stopping any time soon...

Back