• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

There is a new dolphin Click on spoiler if you want...or not.

Got your attention? It evolves with the new co-op feature. The new dolphin mon (finizen) apparently needs to evolve when another player in your game visits with their dolphin. Once that happens you have to level it up once. Seems like they went above and beyond after Runerigus. If you want your superhero dolphin this is the only way to do it.
Post automatically merged:

No more spoilers for now. Sometimes I feel the need to post them otherwise players not know what to do. Evolutions are getting too crazy and many new mons are very different. Some designs like Gholdengo have now grown on me a little. Other designs may take more time for me. Evolutions are getting crazy. I feel like they need to go back to stones and other simple methods. Anyway I just downloaded Violet from the shop. If you have preordered you can do so now.
really sucky considering that PLA fixed this iirc by introducing items that could evolve all mons that previously needed to be traded. i never really understood it, especially before online ever required money, and gamefreak shouldn't really have a horse in that race anyway. then again, this is the company that sells two near identical games so. makes sense by their logic :/

I'm pretty underwhelmed with this generation overall. Far too many different versions of pre-existing Pokemon (I really do want a break from those, I want more fresh ideas) and a lot of the new designs feel very lacking in creativity. That being said...

PRIMEAPE EVO. I LOVE Mankey and Primeape, they're some of my all-time favourites. Will definitely be grabbing that guy. Probably gonna start with Quaxly, breed another to trade for Sprigi and keep him at his second evo because that yo-yo he has looks pretty cool. Since there are so few I like in this one, I'm just going to run with favourites, regardless of typing/advantages.

I'll probably be getting a cheap(ish) pre-order of Violet soon. Maybe the one that comes with the pin badge or the coffee cup.

Oh no.... I think my main online account expires before it's released. I wish they'd quit these obnoxious trading methods... Thanks for posting though, it did indeed save me a trip from advert-infested fan sites that crash my computer 😅
Yeah, I just wanted to post the dolphin evo method. It felt wrong knowing and not wanting to share it. Players that like to play by themselves will have to interact with others to get the superhero. Otherwise they'll be stuck with the regular dolphin.
really sucky considering that PLA fixed this iirc by introducing items that could evolve all mons that previously needed to be traded. i never really understood it, especially before online ever required money, and gamefreak shouldn't really have a horse in that race anyway. then again, this is the company that sells two near identical games so. makes sense by their logic :/
Even though I got pretty tired of Legends, the one thing they did right was evolutions. GF should just let players play how they want instead of trying to force what they want. The co-op dolphin is just proof they are pretty unwilling to change. I always say with GF, its one step forward and two steps back (especially with designs). At least they finally got breeding right.

I got both games preloaded and ready for launch! Violet will be my main game while Scarlet will be secondary. I tend to chose which game I will use for Mystery Gifts and events that you can only get once such as codes given out via the newsletter and any online competition when there is something worth getting for being part of the competition.

anyone wanna trade me a Fuecoco and Quaxly once the game is out? I would like to have all three starters and I plan on choosing Sprigatito :)

Overall I like this Gen! There are some…….questionable choices……but there are also a large number of Pokémon I truly love that I can’t wait to have on my team. I honestly don’t mind hating some designs as long as I love others—that’s what makes Pokémon a fun build-your-own-team experience. I like that I’m seeing some team lists on here with my least favorites on them. To me that indicates that they’ve done a good job making a dex that will appeal to a variety of players.

THAT SNAIL PSEUDO IS EVERYTHING TO ME

anyone wanna trade me a Fuecoco and Quaxly once the game is out? I would like to have all three starters and I plan on choosing Sprigatito :)
I wouldn’t mind doing this, honestly. It depends on how far we have to progress in the game to trade, though. Like, would we need the first badge in order to unlock trading? So I’d have to beat the first gym twice in order to get you your Pokémon? I’d be open to this, though. If you don’t find anyone else.

Also, if Totodile becomes confirmed I will pay top TBT for one. I’d want to use it in the beginning so it’d have to be obtained rather quickly, like in the first few days of release. But honestly, I’m unsure Totodile will be available anyway, but if anyone is interested in this for top TBT, hit me up.

Is Cyndaquil confirmed or is that just a rumor? I didn’t see it on any of the confirmed lists I looked at.
It is a HOME transfer once Scarlet and Violet can be connected. The same is with all of the other Hisuian forms, including some Galarian and Alolan forms.

It is a HOME transfer once Scarlet and Violet can be connected. The same is with all of the other Hisuian forms, including some Galarian and Alolan forms.
Thanks! So it seems my only hope lies with future updates at this point, lol.

Thanks! So it seems my only hope lies with future updates at this point, lol.
I'm sure Totodile (and maybe even Chikorita) will get some love in future games. H-Samurott is a redemption of the Oshawott line in my opinion. Maybe Feraligatr will get something good.

Breeding is so much better...

Edit: Centro got trolled so hard lol. Pic of shiny basket was fake

Last edited:
I also wanna start with all three as well~Really hard to choose!
If you still need help, let me know.

I'm sure being able to trade will be early on, it feels like it this time around anyways.

@Croconaw if we are allowed to transfer pokemon to SV from GO then I can probably get a totodile to trade you (I have two regular and five shinies, if that's your thing 👀👀👀)

I already decided on my trainer’s name for Violet. I tend to name all of my female trainers after winners of RuPaul’s Drag Race and the current winner of the latest season of the US with the exception of Sword which I chose the UK winner. My trainer will be called Willow after Willow Pill and I will not be using the last name as I’m pretty sure it’s a banned word since it can be used to refer to drugs. My starter will definitely be Quaxly.

@Croconaw if we are allowed to transfer pokemon to SV from GO then I can probably get a totodile to trade you (I have two regular and five shinies, if that's your thing 👀👀👀)
Dexit is still a thing. Totodile line is not coded in the game so you can't use it.

Yeah...the Galarian starters made it in though which seriously annoys me
That’s really no surprise. With the exceptions of Gens 2 and 3, every starter from the previous Gen’s main region make it into the next Gen’s games somehow. Usually by transfer but sometimes as a gift Pokémon or special method of encountering them in the wild.

Back