• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Breeding is so refined in this gen. If there was anything they could have improved on it was breeding. I can't believe how many changes they made for the better. Anything to cut down on hacked or modded mons though unfortunately they will still run rampant.

My heart goes out to all of you whose little ones were omitted due to the continual dexit. I'm fortunate that at least one of my two favorite pokemon (Pyukumuku❌ and Falinks✔️) was included. Some day I won't be so lucky.
The picnic feature seems very cute, but if I'd had neither of my favorites to look forward to playing around with in the picnics, it would just have been a source of melancholy.

I agree with the other posters who say that many of the designs this gen look very lazy and disappointing. However, I do love a few of them. Gholdengo is my absolute favorite new mon design from this gen, even though when I very first saw it I was briefly dumbfounded and appalled. I also really like Garganacl and Espathra.

I really want to use Tandemaus and Maushold on my team for at least one of the paths. They sound really interesting and I really want to see their signature move Population Bomb in action. I particularly like the multi hit moves and this one sounds really intriguing. Plus they do look adorable holding hands.[\SPOILER]

To anyone with a list of confirmed 'mons available in the game, could you tell me if any of these made it in? I'm pretty sure one of them is in, but the more that made it the better because I have some shinies taking up space in my free Home app...

Vivillon, Dunsparce, Snivy, Eelektrik, Geodude (Alolan), Delphox, Greninja, Oricorio, Furfrou (PLEASE tell me this one is in at least, I need to shift these over they're taking up so much space)

To anyone with a list of confirmed 'mons available in the game, could you tell me if any of these made it in? I'm pretty sure one of them is in, but the more that made it the better because I have some shinies taking up space in my free Home app...

Vivillon, Dunsparce, Snivy, Eelektrik, Geodude (Alolan), Delphox, Greninja, Oricorio, Furfrou (PLEASE tell me this one is in at least, I need to shift these over they're taking up so much space)
Vivillion: Yes, but only Fancy form
Dunsparce: yes, and its gets something special..
Snivy: No
Tynamo: Yes
Geodude: Both no
Delphox: Yes, but with HOME transfer
Greninja: Same as Delphox. Ash-Greninja was removed but you can use Battle Bond
Oricorio: Yes, all 4
Furfrou: No, GTS will be garbage again

Vivillion: Yes, but only Fancy form
Dunsparce: yes, and its gets something special..
Snivy: No
Tynamo: Yes
Geodude: Both no
Delphox: Yes, but with HOME transfer
Greninja: Same as Delphox. Ash-Greninja was removed but you can use Battle Bond
Oricorio: Yes, all 4
Furfrou: No, GTS will be garbage again
Thank you! Well, I guess I can get five off the account at least... Kinda frustrating that they added Vivi, but only the latest form and none of the others. I really hope the next game will let me move the others over at least. Kinda sucks having them on the app and not being able to do anything with them at all because none of the five (nine?) available Switch games are properly compatible.

Thank you! Well, I guess I can get five off the account at least... Kinda frustrating that they added Vivi, but only the latest form and none of the others. I really hope the next game will let me move the others over at least. Kinda sucks having them on the app and not being able to do anything with them at all because none of the five (nine?) available Switch games are properly compatible.
Oh, the other forms are added to the game. Its just you can only find and breed the Fancy form in Paldea. The other forms can be sent over via HOME, but that doesnt get connected with ScarVio until 2023, I believe...at least thats what I've seen around.

I'm excited! Just some days to go!

EE2085C3-C850-4747-BEF9-C626BE943B47.jpeg

I have my copy of Pokémon Violet.

Preorders from the eShop will automatically download a preloaded state of the game and won’t become active until midnight of the game’s release. This is a very useful way to play games almost immediately upon release but the downside is that the funds you put aside in the eShop for the game you preordered on your account won’t be deducted until about a week before launch and you can accidentally buy other games using the amount you put into the eShop. The other thing to note is you need to specify if you want to use the funds you have in the eShop to pay for the game or else it will automatically use your credit or debit card and deduct money from there without asking you before doing so. I learned this the hard way with Super Mario Party and Paper Mario The Origami King as I thought my eShop funds would be the payment method by default.

Bought Violet because my friend bought Scarlet, but the more I know about this game the more I am happy with my choice. And purple is my favorite color 💜

Alright we got only a few days to go so I will post one final time the exclusives in spoilers. Those that still haven't decided on what game they want may take into consideration that co-op can also get you these exclusives.

Exclusives confirmed by Centro
Scarlet Exclusives

Regular mons:
Tauros (Fire)
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Drifloon
Drifblim
Stunky
Skuntank
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Skrelp
Dragalge
Oranguru
Stonjourner
Armarouge

Paradox mons:
Great Tusk
Brute Bonnet
Sandy Shocks
Scream Tail
Flutter Mane
Slither Wing
Roaring Moon

Violet Exclusives

Regular mons:
Tauros (Water)
Misdreavus
Gulpin
Swalot
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamance
Mismagius
Clauncher
Clawitzer
Passimian
Eiscue
Dreepy
Drakloak
Dragapult
Ceruledge

Paradox mons:
Iron Treads
Iron Moth
Iron Hands
Iron Jugulis
Iron Thorns
Iron Bundle
Iron Valiant

Aw, my fav Pokémon is exclusive to the version I'm getting, that's nice. :)

Ayyy, nice to see one of my favorite Pokemon,
Hydreigon
, is exclusive to Pokemon Scarlet. I also prefer some of the Paradox Pokemon more, so that's a bonus.

Hydreigon is one I’d be open to using, but I’m getting Violet. My friend and I are helping each other out with version exclusives, though.

Hydreigon is one I’d be open to using, but I’m getting Violet. My friend and I are helping each other out with version exclusives, though.

Yeah, someone from here and myself agreed to trade version exclusives, but it honestly isn't a big deal for me since I always get both versions of the games anyway and haven't stopped that tradition at all.

Back