• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Game ROM is Out!

FhKbkiwXEAAyffM.png

Quax Gang for Life

So I've seen a lot of leaked mons...

So...I gotta say that what they showed us in the marketing isn't going to get you hyped but...there are very good solid designs like the new dung beetle and Greavard's evo. There are also wtf designs and should have been scraped like Gimmighoul's evo. There are also lazy designs, yes lazy in objective terms, not subjective...like Dunsparce's evo (be prepared to cry).

What I'll be using...P means perma member
Quaquaval Water/Fighting (P)
Tinkaton Fairy/Steel (P)
Ceruledge Fire/Ghost
Kingambit Dark/Steel (P)
Mabostiff-Night form Dark
Baxcalibur Ice/Dragon (P)
Scovillain Grass/Fire
Kilowattrel Flying Electric
Houndstone Ghost

Will post current found mons if you want to know... some dont have names yet js

Do you like Ice types?

There is a new weather called Snowstorm, which boosts Ice type's Defense for 5 turns. Still unknown if it replaces hail. Unfortunately, Frozen status returns, so no Frostbite.

*Note I will never spoil story, just mons and mechanics. Once I get all the names of the mons I will bounce out

I heard about that, but I didn't hear anything about the leaks being confirmed or not.
Its an actual leak. Not an obvious fake leak like the pastebin a few days ago. TPC or GF wont confirm anything until release. There are people playing the game's rom and posting actual photos. Actual gameplay. There are videos too. You can't fake that. Anyone denying at this point is just in self-denial.

More good mechanic nerfs
From Centro:
-Protean also nerfed (Meowscarada stocks down)
FhNoUKMX0AAIQCB.jpeg

-Recover PP reduced to 5
-Roost PP reduced to 5
-Defiant, Competitive now also only single use in battle
Edit: Intimidate works like last gen

Last edited:
Taking a break from the leaks. Its nice that they came out during my days off but now I feel overloaded. I'm glad though which mons I want for my playthrough

saw the mostly(?) complete dex of new pokemon on centro's twitter, and all i can really say is... yikes? i don't know if the models just aren't doing it justice, but imo, so many of them are just... bad. they either look a mess or lazy, with only a few decent/good ones in the mix. also, is the squid/octopus supposed to be a tentacruel regional variant? because i don't really understand the name change if it is; the same goes for wiglett and "wugtrio". they're so clearly variants, even down to the names, so i don't know why they're being passed off as entirely new pokemon afaik. (considering it already has an alolan form, it makes me wish they'd lowkey picked something else.) i also couldn't see the difference with dunsparce? even the taurous variants, which are decent, do just ultimately look like simple palette recolors from what i can see. and there's one new pokemon that just looks like a slightly tweaked purrserker lmao ??? idk, i don't think i've actively disliked a pokemon design until now, where i actively dislike most of them and/or think they're lazy. some of them are decent and then just evolve horribly rip.

again, no shade/hate to anyone who likes the new designs, but looking at them i just can't help but be ??? some of them remind me of those companies who will turn children's drawings into plushies.

saw the mostly(?) complete dex of new pokemon on centro's twitter, and all i can really say is... yikes? i don't know if the models just aren't doing it justice, but imo, so many of them are just... bad. they either look a mess or lazy, with only a few decent/good ones in the mix. also, is the squid/octopus supposed to be a tentacruel regional variant? because i don't really understand the name change if it is; the same goes for wiglett and "wugtrio". they're so clearly variants, even down to the names, so i don't know why they're being passed off as entirely new pokemon afaik. (considering it already has an alolan form, it makes me wish they'd lowkey picked something else.) i also couldn't see the difference with dunsparce? even the taurous variants, which are decent, do just ultimately look like simple palette recolors from what i can see. and there's one new pokemon that just looks like a slightly tweaked purrserker lmao ??? idk, i don't think i've actively disliked a pokemon design until now, where i actively dislike most of them and/or think they're lazy. some of them are decent and then just evolve horribly rip.

again, no shade/hate to anyone who likes the new designs, but looking at them i just can't help but be ??? some of them remind me of those companies who will turn children's drawings into plushies.
The game feels unfinished and rushed, kinda like when you forget to do your homework so you rush it in the last minute before the teacher collects it. I wish they'd take another year to really polish it. Like you said, why is the Wiglett line a 'new' Pokemon? It would make more sense to be a form of Diglett. I like only a couple (Fidough, Pawmi, Grafaiai) but Pawmi's evo is ugly so there goes that I guess.

This feels like a bad fan game. Hopefully there's more actually new Pokemon than this.

The game feels unfinished and rushed, kinda like when you forget to do your homework so you rush it in the last minute before the teacher collects it. I wish they'd take another year to really polish it. Like you said, why is the Wiglett line a 'new' Pokemon? It would make more sense to be a form of Diglett. I like only a couple (Fidough, Pawmi, Grafaiai) but Pawmi's evo is ugly so there goes that I guess.

This feels like a bad fan game. Hopefully there's more actually new Pokemon than this.
pls, pawmi is definitely what i was thinking of when mentioning cute 'mons that evolve horribly. (thank god fidough turns out okay.) i was going to use it for a bit initially after its early reveal, but after seeing what it evolves into, i think i'm good. the new dark dog is also pretty bad ngl, and something about the gender differences (i believe) for the pig's evo is rubbing me the wrong way. it's giving those fanmade gender differences where one is very obviously female. (if it's not based on gender, then i'm not bothered; or even if it's reversed and the one with hot pink accents and makeup-like markings is male. otherwise-)

pls, pawmi is definitely what i was thinking of when mentioning cute 'mons that evolve horribly. (thank god fidough turns out okay.) i was going to use it for a bit initially after its early reveal, but after seeing what it evolves into, i think i'm good. the new dark dog is also pretty bad ngl, and something about the gender differences (i believe) for the pig's evo is rubbing me the wrong way. it's giving those fanmade gender differences where one is very obviously female. (if it's not based on gender, then i'm not bothered; or even if it's reversed and the one with hot pink accents and makeup-like markings is male. otherwise-)
I saw that female pig thing too! It's horrifying. I personally have a problem with hyper sexualized female designs but that's a topic for another day lol. But the pig photo where they're all posing 'sexy' or whatever is super uncomfortable. This isn't the first 'sexy' Pokemon design we've been given, obviously, but I dunno, it feels weird here.

I saw that female pig thing too! It's horrifying. I personally have a problem with hyper sexualized female designs but that's a topic for another day lol. But the pig photo where they're all posing 'sexy' or whatever is super uncomfortable. This isn't the first 'sexy' Pokemon design we've been given, obviously, but I dunno, it feels weird here.
idk, i quite like the gender differences normally, but when they're the subtle kind and not the nidoqueen/nidoking kind. i also don't mind pokemon where they can only evolve if they're x gender, like salazzle, because i think that's kind of cool, but when your gender differences are hot pink (pink is a girl's color) and markings that look like makeup (girls love makeup), there's something kind of off there lmao. i'm only down with it if the female-looking evolution is actually the male, to defy expectations, but i very much doubt it is. (they could have literally just gone with the female having no snout marking or having the male have x amount of brown spots on its hide while the female has y amount. or if they really had to evolve into visibly different things, have the male evolve more into a wild hog/boar, and the female evolve into more of a regular farmyard pig, or vice versa.)

idk, i quite like the gender differences normally, but when they're the subtle kind and not the nidoqueen/nidoking kind. i also don't mind pokemon where they can only evolve if they're x gender, like salazzle, because i think that's kind of cool, but when your gender differences are hot pink (pink is a girl's color) and markings that look like makeup (girls love makeup), there's something kind of off there lmao. i'm only down with it if the female-looking evolution is actually the male, to defy expectations, but i very much doubt it is. (they could have literally just gone with the female having no snout marking or having the male have x amount of brown spots on its hide while the female has y amount. or if they really had to evolve into visibly different things, have the male evolve more into a wild hog/boar, and the female evolve into more of a regular farmyard pig, or vice versa.)
If it's the male, it would be awesome. I think it's the slim body that kinda weirds me out. I feel like the markings would've been a good choice, something little and not so "girly girl female" vs "bulky roarrr male". Even the darker shade of colour could've worked maybe? Not vastly different but a tiny bit of shade difference.
I'm looking at a list of gender differences and there's lots I didn't know existed. Female butterfree's wings are pretty with those spots.

Yeah, this is a problem with Pokémon design going back to Gen 1. They just can’t resist having one sexy lady pokemon each generation. Every game I hope that THIS is the year we say no more, but……alas. It being a random pig is, um, a plot twist.

I feel that way about the game too, but more about it's performance than pokemon designs. I thought I heard somewhere that there was co op in the game?? (beyond pvp) and... I'm not sure how that's actually gonna run with everything else in the game... And the frame rates we saw in the trailers....

I am curious to hear other's thoughts on the game when it's launched and they have it on thier switch.

There is
no breeding center/daycare. You get eggs from picnics. There is Hatching Power through making food. Hopefully the breeding issue will get fixed in Day 1 patch or future DLC. I can already tell pkhex and hacking will be a problem (again)
I don't hack, but this is why players do and GF never learns.

On a side note...I know the League battles (E4 and Champion) but won't post them. Remember how easy Diantha was in X/Y? I do too...

I feel that way about the game too, but more about it's performance than pokemon designs. I thought I heard somewhere that there was co op in the game?? (beyond pvp) and... I'm not sure how that's actually gonna run with everything else in the game... And the frame rates we saw in the trailers....

I am curious to hear other's thoughts on the game when it's launched and they have it on thier switch.
It's funny that the game's frame rate and resolution are so low given how crappy the graphics are to begin with. If their code wasn't so messy/containing stuff from previous games, maybe it wouldn't run so bad? I know their 3DS games lagged whenever you were facing more than one Pokemon at once so I wouldn't be surprised if these games lagged too.

I can't believe its coming out next week! Feeling major fomo right playing Gen8 right now...

Oh and major fail on the Pokemon Company and its marketing. Starving a fanbase like the Pokemon fanbase resulted in this mess. Hopefully they will learn next time (probably not)

It's funny that the game's frame rate and resolution are so low given how crappy the graphics are to begin with. If their code wasn't so messy/containing stuff from previous games, maybe it wouldn't run so bad? I know their 3DS games lagged whenever you were facing more than one Pokemon at once so I wouldn't be surprised if these games lagged too.
I have no idea how thier code is. But I do feel like they need help with shaders? Idk. Just some glitchy stuff I saw + I think some pokemon have mesh for flame or hair instead of just some shader to look like flame or mesh. Idk, I'm no super techy just my wondering thoughts. Some things look like it has shaders when they don't look like they are needed? Idk.

Back